How will Pruitt stop Trask

We have to hope our players actually show up and play to their potential. Because unless the defense actually executes at a high level, the coaching is irrelevant.

I'm not ready to subscribe to his Heisman website just yet.

He came into the game after the zebras had completely decimated Kentuckys defense with targeting calls.

Reactions: jarnol32
So far under Pruitt we’ve done a fairly decent job at stopping mobile quarterbacks.

Kentucky truly made him look great. From the first play he came in they only brought or got pressure 3 times. In those 3 passes 2 were almost intercepted and one was way off incomplete. He isn't nearly as fast as Franks. We have a new staff and their main thing is D, Kentucky laid the blueprint of what not to do. I doubt this red shirt junior can process the speed of the game under pressure as good as Franks or he would have already played more long before now. I think we will have a good defensive gameplan. our own offense must play good for us to win. We have to be able to run some but we also have to make some plays vertically. We have big recievers and their cb's aren't all world like hype them. In fact what they do is hold and grab, especially Wilson. Get JJ involved early, I don't think they got anybody that can cover him but we also have to get Palmer,DWA and our Rb involved in the passing game as well. Put Chandler and Gray in the game at the same time and have 1 run the wheel route everytime even if it doesn't go there. Got to show them some looks they haven't seen and execute them. GBO!!!!!
You seem to have our passing game and quarterback confused with some other team.

Reactions: 08Vol
We need D Taylor to be living in his grill. We need to be able to get to the QB rushing 4 because their WRs are a threat.

What we have to worry about is Florida stacking the box and stopping the run, forcing JG to pass

We are an easy team to defend against
I think y'all do the same. Gater run game is not much, so you pressure the new QB and have a good chance at success.

I like Coach Pruitt, but it does concern me that he gave one QB 6 plays, and the other 9 plays, and was able to determine they cannot play QB for Tennessee, but he has been watching JG for 2 years, and many, many plays, and yet to see that he cannot read defenses, and cannot make quick decisions about getting rid of the ball. And on top of that, he is eventually going to get our receivers hurt really bad by continually throwing the ball behind them and causing them to twist and turn to try to catch off-target passes.

Idk, the option pitch and swing out pass were the only two plays Georgia State needed.
Seems like that’s the only time I can remember it being effective. We stopped terry Wilson last year, and I know there’s another instance but I can’t think of it.

I'm not exactly sure what UK was doing. They pressured Franks who can run then let Trask sit in the pocket and throw without any pressure.

I'd throw blitzes and zone blitzes at him all day. I would make him read coverage... show zone then switch to man. Anything to test him.

We could do what Third Down Chavis would do. Play that mustang prevent and his arm would finally fall off from passing up and down the field all day.

Am I right to assume that we will get #20 Bryce Thompson at practice and in this game on Saturday? That would be really nice.

Guys, I think UF was a little overrated to begin with. I think we played way way under our potential against Ga St, effort was a lot better with BYU. For years this game was played at all out blitz mode! From both teams! It came down to quick passes and db iso with receivers. I think our guys will play much better in all out blitz and attack. They will pop a few but its better than getting gashed all day on mid field digs and outs. Just have to focus on blitzing in good gaps, making tackles on corner and leaving 1 safety deep to clean up misses. On O need a good game from JG and some good mixing from Chaney.
We can win this game. Nothing to lose, i think its good UKY took the QB jinx! They usually come in shine against us then falter. Trask looked great! Due to falter now.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back