How will Pruitt stop Trask

Pruitt doesn't have the luxuries he enjoyed at Bama. Mullen is very familiar with his style which is preferably lockdown man coverage which normally allows him to mix it up with his LB's and in turn create confusion along UF's offensive front. The problem is youth and lack of experience along with a below average DLine. I feel he's forced to play conservative, containment type of defense but will mix in a few blitz packages at opportune times. UT's success will depend on how well we do offensively. Chaney is familiar with Grantham enough to know what to expect. Grantham himself had to play conservative against UK because of inadequate CB play. Game could easily hinge on special teams and turnovers,imo.

Here is a good breakdown of Trasks play during the U.K. game. It looks like he played really well. Hope Pruitt can come up with something to get him out of his comfort zone. He looks better than Franks.

tenor.gif

Seriously I would spy him with number 11 and run man and mix in some zone to confuse him on 3 and longs and a well time safety or corner blitz every now and then. We have had some success the past two years with blitzing our corners, albeit a lot of that is because we got zero push out of our front 4.

Citrus flavored citrate of magnesia in their Gatorade 30 minutes before kickoff would keep them in the bathroom and we might win unless they have some 5 star cheerleaders to sub in.

Based on history next Saturday this dude will play like an NFL super bowl winner.

But, he’s not.

So, I noticed KY was missing a lot of Db’s. I notice our Db’s are bipolar. One day they suck, one day they are rock stars.

If we get food db play and the line backers can blitz at times while the line gets constant pressure we will be ok.

If not it might be a long day.

What scares me about Florida is they are the big play kings. They rarely make long drives. They just make huge chunk plays consistently. That’s deadly when they are clicking along.

I have faith in this team despite the last few performances.

Maybe yesterday was a reminder of how to play football. Maybe not.

Darrell Taylor. He just became our top designated QB rusher. No other job all night. Just get to Trask. He will throw up some more of those dying quails. Banks, Crouch, or To o too need to be with Perine were ever he goes os there is no drop off pass for Trask.

After Georgia State, I don't like our odds against any qb that is remotely mobile.

If Trask is less of a leg threat, I'll take that every day.

Reactions: 08Vol and joevol33

VN Store

Back