CFN 2020 Vols Preview

Brandon Johnson never gets any love when talking about returning WRs. I feel like he’s a solid option and he has valuable experience that we’ll need this year.

He's appeared in fewer and fewer games each year. Whether that is him getting practiced over or not, I don't know. We are going to need him to step up regardless this season.

Brandon Johnson never gets any love when talking about returning WRs. I feel like he’s a solid option and he has valuable experience that we’ll need this year.

I agree, Johnson is very solid. Also left Keyton (who I believe has real potential as a starter, especially after bowl game performance) & Tillman out of the discussion as well...

It’s hard to argue against this assessment, especially because Bailey didn’t get the benefit of a Spring practice. This means it’s either JG or a totally untested true Freshman at QB.

I suppose Maurer could take the initial reins of the offense until Bailey is ready, but I just don’t see it. Which means, barring a tiger being able to change his strips, JG will roll out his maddeningly frustrating rollercoaster play to start the season. And because of that, I don’t see how we will be able to score enough points in our early tests (OU & UF) to win.

I say 8-4 with 7-5 being a real possibility.

What's the over/under on how fast the JG slurpers will be on here saying "I told you so" after his first complete pass? Or after our receivers make an incredible down field pass on a poorly under thrown balls that isn't in stride?

Reactions: FLVOL_79 and 08Vol
What's the over/under on how fast the JG slurpers will be on here saying "I told you so" after his first complete pass? Or after our receivers make an incredible down field pass on a poorly under thrown balls that isn't in stride?
And when Tennessee goes 9-3 there will be morons on Volnation who say that Tennessee still isn't a good team:rolleyes:

I hope the Vols go undefeated, but I watched them play last season. Lost at home to Georgia State, and gave up 38 points in that game.

SEC Wins (5): Miss State 3-5, South Carolina 3-5, Kentucky 3-5, Missouri 3-5, Vanderbilt 1-7. Did not beat an SEC team that had a winning conference record.

Road Wins (2) Kentucky and Missouri.

Scored 24 Points Per Game, 11th worst in the SEC. Only South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Arkansas were more inept.

Reactions: 08Vol
I hope the Vols go undefeated, but I watched them play last season. Lost at home to Georgia State, and gave up 38 points in that game.

SEC Wins (5): Miss State 3-5, South Carolina 3-5, Kentucky 3-5, Missouri 3-5, Vanderbilt 1-7. Did not beat an SEC team that had a winning conference record.

Road Wins (2) Kentucky and Missouri.

Scored 24 Points Per Game, 11th worst in the SEC. Only South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Arkansas were more inept.
Sadly,you've joined the negavols:rolleyes: It's going to be great that you will be badly wrong about how Tennessee will do this season:D

Reactions: ScottyP5
Poorly under thrown balls that aren’t in stride happen every game to 90% of college quarterbacks. Stop hating on the kid to make yourself feel better dude.

Poorly under thrown balls that aren’t in stride happen every game to 90% of college quarterbacks. Stop hating on the kid to make yourself feel better dude.
I feel fine whether he sucks or shocks the world and plays well. I hope he plays well. But he hasn't yet.

And your stats are wildly off base. Do you watch football?

And guess what....dude....I still feel great.

Reactions: 08Vol
Why do these handicappers give South Carolina that much chance to beat us? I would think the line would be 8.5, basically whether we pull off one upset (which is likely out of 4). I suppose they're figuring in us blowing one, and SC being the most likely? They are not on our level talent-wise.

Why do these handicappers give South Carolina that much chance to beat us? I would think the line would be 8.5, basically whether we pull off one upset (which is likely out of 4). I suppose they're figuring in us blowing one, and SC being the most likely? They are not on our level talent-wise.
They overrated Kentucky as well

Reactions: ScottyP5
I feel fine whether he sucks or shocks the world and plays well. I hope he plays well. But he hasn't yet.

And your stats are wildly off base. Do you watch football?

And guess what....dude....I still feel great.
Give me ONE game, where any QB, didn’t throw a single pass that wasn’t 100% on the mark....I’ll wait.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Give me ONE game, where any QB, didn’t throw a single pass that wasn’t 100% on the mark....I’ll wait.

That's your argument? Wow. So because JG is wildly inconsistent, he's the same as an elite QB since they both dont have a 100% completion rate??. K-town King....is this you???

Let's play a different game.

Name one game where JG was consistent. Name two games in a row where he showed consistent good play.

I'll wait....

VN Store

Back