CFN 2020 Vols Preview

You are ignoring why Vegas had it as a 3-point game;it wasn't because IU had a prolific offense or a stout defense.
Prolific or not, of all our 8 wins last season they were as well rounded of any team that we beat. Most analysts picked that game to be close. Vegas predicted it to be a one score game which is exactly what it was, they are right more often than wrong and certainly right more often than our fanbase.

You are ignoring why Vegas had it as a 3-point game;it wasn't because IU had a prolific offense or a stout defense.
Indiana also had a really good gameplan vs our bunch that game and it took us nearly the whole game to figure out what would work. We were good enough to stay in the game despite some poor play by our QB and offense as a whole. Chaney and Pruitt were good enough to figure out what would work down the stretch when we had to have it and JG and the offense as a whole executed pretty much spotless the last 2 drives when we had to have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DustyRockSolid
So you go back 22 years for an answer (kinda my point) and....”well what Price did, he got his hands underneath the football and the ball bounced up into his arms, it was a low throw.” -JP Sports (14:11) (YouTube).

Wanna try again?
Fairly certain you didn't give any qualifiers in your request. Don't bash someone for proving you wrong and answering your ridiculous argument.

Your argument for JG is filled with flaws anyways.

Why was he benched by his head coach for an unproven freshman? If ALL QBs throw incomplete passes, this making JG an all American by your standards, he should have never been benched. Pruitt must be an idiot

Fairly certain you didn't give any qualifiers in your request. Don't bash someone for proving you wrong and answering your ridiculous argument.

Your argument for JG is filled with flaws anyways.

Why was he benched by his head coach for an unproven freshman? If ALL QBs throw incomplete passes, this making JG an all American by your standards, he should have never been benched. Pruitt must be an idiot
But you didn’t prove me wrong, I even gave you the video (YouTube) of your answer. It’s incorrect. Don’t change the subject now.

But you didn’t prove me wrong, I even gave you the video (YouTube) of your answer. It’s incorrect. Don’t change the subject now.
You really want to stick with your absurdly idiotic argument that because every QB throws an incomplete pass, that puts JG in the same company as Manning, Montana, Young, Brees, Rodgers, Unitas, Brady, Namath, etc?

If you can't see a clear difference in JG versus an elite, or even above average QB, you need to quit watching football.

And before you get you Superman undies in a wad, I hope JG comes out and plays world beater football. I'll be on here singing his praises for the turnaround if he does. But from what we have all seen, I wouldn't even bet your life on it.

I'll have a discussion with you, if you want to be rational. Otherwise, I'm done arguing with little kids

Indiana also had a really good gameplan vs our bunch that game and it took us nearly the whole game to figure out what would work. We were good enough to stay in the game despite some poor play by our QB and offense as a whole. Chaney and Pruitt were good enough to figure out what would work down the stretch when we had to have it and JG and the offense as a whole executed pretty much spotless the last 2 drives when we had to have it.
The last two drives were primarily thanks to Eric Gray. Coaches pretty much only trusted JG with dump offs to the RB out of the backfield at that point, if he wasn't handing it off. Go back and rewatch it.

If JG didn't suck so bad in the redzone, Tennessee would have at least 17 points at the half instead of 6. If JG didn't have a horrific pick six, Indiana would have had 16 points for the game instead of 22. (They missed the extra point).

If JG is as good as you say he is, Tennessee should have won the game by two or more TDs....easy. Fact is, they were in the 22-9 hole primarily because of his awful, inconsistent play.

You really want to stick with your absurdly idiotic argument that because every QB throws an incomplete pass, that puts JG in the same company as Manning, Montana, Young, Brees, Rodgers, Unitas, Brady, Namath, etc?

If you can't see a clear difference in JG versus an elite, or even above average QB, you need to quit watching football.

And before you get you Superman undies in a wad, I hope JG comes out and plays world beater football. I'll be on here singing his praises for the turnaround if he does. But from what we have all seen, I wouldn't even bet your life on it.

I'll have a discussion with you, if you want to be rational. Otherwise, I'm done arguing with little kids
Bro...who ever said that he was in that category? I certainly didn’t. You’re literally the only one who keeps bringing that up...where are you getting that from?

Bro...who ever said that he was in that category? I certainly didn’t. You’re literally the only one who keeps bringing that up...where are you getting that from?
You serious ?
In your efforts to defend JGs woefully awful ability to hit a receiver in stride, you said it happens to 90% of QBs. If you forgot, I can repost it here for you. You are comparing him to nearly every other QB who has ever played the game in your effort to say he doesn't have serious, fatal flaws in his game because other QBs throw incompletions too.

You then demanded to know any one QB who may have thrown an incomplete ball. Really? That's your defense? All the QBs I mentioned have thrown bad balls before. I'd take every single one of them over JG, ten times over .

It's an asinine comparison.

You serious ?
In your efforts to defend JGs woefully awful ability to hit a receiver in stride, you said it happens to 90% of QBs. If you forgot, I can repost it here for you. You are comparing him to nearly every other QB who has ever played the game in your effort to say he doesn't have serious, fatal flaws in his game because other QBs throw incompletions too.

You then demanded to know any one QB who may have thrown an incomplete ball. Really? That's your defense? All the QBs I mentioned have thrown bad balls before. I'd take every single one of them over JG, ten times over .

It's an asinine comparison.
No, it’s the fact that not everyone is perfect all of the time. I’ve never once said that JG could get us where we needed to be, nor actually have I said he’s an above average QB. You just attack and start passing blame when people don’t agree with you. I’ve seen your name do this exact thing on multiple occasions. The problem I have with the “anti-JG slurpers” as you would call them, is that every dang time he throws a bad pass, you chastise him for it. Jesus dude, you could do that with everyone. You’re going to be doing it to HB when he isn’t perfect, then Salter, then the next. It’ll never be enough. I’m done now.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
No, it’s the fact that not everyone is perfect all of the time. I’ve never once said that JG could get us where we needed to be, nor actually have I said he’s an above average QB. You just attack and start passing blame when people don’t agree with you. I’ve seen your name do this exact thing on multiple occasions. The problem I have with the “anti-JG slurpers” as you would call them, is that every dang time he throws a bad pass, you chastise him for it. Jesus dude, you could do that with everyone. You’re going to be doing it to HB when he isn’t perfect, then Salter, then the next. It’ll never be enough. I’m done now.
You should dig a little more in my posts then.

I don't chastise a bad pass. Others might, I don't. I like JG as a person...I think he's a good kid for the most part. I just see that he has flaws I'm allowed to discuss and state that. Only time I have an issue is when these fanatics come after me or anyone else who says anything remotely negative about him. As you did. We can't have a discussion about his weaknesses without these crazed lunatics instantly cramming cherry picked stats or absurd comparisons down our throats. See Pulaski and K-Town.

Adjust your approach to a discussion and you might get better responses.

So you go back 22 years for an answer (kinda my point) and....”well what Price did, he got his hands underneath the football and the ball bounced up into his arms, it was a low throw.” -JP Sports (14:11) (YouTube).

Wanna try again?
So facts don't count? What ever.

VN Store

Back