Lee Greenwood 1986 Sugar Bowl

Its hard not to get choked up at that song. Maybe its a curse that a love for this country has been instilled in me from a young age. Heck...I get choked up watching the end of "Miracle"...and the extreme far left who hate this country disgust me...and I wish they'd exercise their option to just leave. We ain't perfect...but we're still the best thing going.

That song is never appropriate. I’m sorry.
tenor.png

I appreciate OP for posting and what this song means to me and I think to many others. For me, there are no overtones of other meanings just a song that touches my emotions and reminds me to be thankful for what we have. I remember it so well when most of the 157,000 people in attendance at Bristol sang along when "God Bless the USA" was played.

And especially on this day, when we honor all those who have gone before us, we thank God also for the men and women who fought for our freedom and for those who made the ultimate sacrifice. The freedom for anyone to say what they want and the freedom to worship in our own way, or not.

As part of the great American family, we take pride in the accomplishments of each individual American much like someone would be proud of an accomplishment of a member of their immediate family.

We love the natural beauty of the landscape that stretches from coast to coast and especially love Tennessee and like that Tennessee is mentioned in Lee Greenwood's song even if it the best word for the lyrics to rhyme.

We are thankful for God, Family, Country, and the Tennessee Vols.

IMHO

Last edited:
I love that song! It makes all who love America feel a great sense of pride and gratefulness!!! I'm sure it evokes an opposite effects in those that don't. Maybe that's why I love it so much.

VN Store

Back