Igor

CLT MAN

I have read postings on this site for many years, but was just added to the site as a poster a few days ago. I did so because I wanted to share my thoughts about Igor Milicic. I am a Charlotte graduate and my son is a UT graduate, so I am a big fan of both Charlotte and UT. I am a long time season ticket holder for Charlotte basketball and rarely miss a game. Igor Milicic is hands-down my favorite Charlotte basketball player over the last 10-12 years. He is a business man and producer on the court. He is tough…playing for the Polish national team made him tougher. He is composed. He doesn’t seek the spotlight, but wants the ball when the pressure is on. I think he has the perfect skill set and demeanor to play for Rick Barnes. I wish he weren’t in the portal, but since he is I want his new home to be in Knoxville. He needs to do whatever is best for him, and he deserves the best. A word of caution for Vol fans - he is not a 5, but is one heck of a stretch 4, so any fans excepting him to slide down for significant minutes at the 5 should adjust their thoughts. He can slide down there in certain situations, but that’s not his home.

On another matter, being from Charlotte I have seen Bishop Boswell play in person 3 times. He will be a nice addition to the UT program and I’m glad he is a Vol. Having said that, I just don’t see him making consistent contributions for a year or two. I like him a lot, and can see why the UT staff does as well, I just think that Vol fans need to be realistic about the contributions he will make in the immediate future.

I have read postings on this site for many years, but was just added to the site as a poster a few days ago. I did so because I wanted to share my thoughts about Igor Milicic. I am a Charlotte graduate and my son is a UT graduate, so I am a big fan of both Charlotte and UT. I am a long time season ticket holder for Charlotte basketball and rarely miss a game. Igor Milicic is hands-down my favorite Charlotte basketball player over the last 10-12 years. He is a business man and producer on the court. He is tough…playing for the Polish national team made him tougher. He is composed. He doesn’t seek the spotlight, but wants the ball when the pressure is on. I think he has the perfect skill set and demeanor to play for Rick Barnes. I wish he weren’t in the portal, but since he is I want his new home to be in Knoxville. He needs to do whatever is best for him, and he deserves the best. A word of caution for Vol fans - he is not a 5, but is one heck of a stretch 4, so any fans excepting him to slide down for significant minutes at the 5 should adjust their thoughts. He can slide down there in certain situations, but that’s not his home.

On another matter, being from Charlotte I have seen Bishop Boswell play in person 3 times. He will be a nice addition to the UT program and I’m glad he is a Vol. Having said that, I just don’t see him making consistent contributions for a year or two. I like him a lot, and can see why the UT staff does as well, I just think that Vol fans need to be realistic about the contributions he will make in the immediate future.
Well said CLT MAN. Funny thing is I am a CLT grad, and my son is also a UT grad. Funny coicidence...

After watching his film, I wouldn't want him down low posting up. Dude is the picture of a stretch 4. Let him have all the three balls he wants. Heckuva weapon.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

One clarification; does he play for Poland or Croatia? He is Croatian, right?

I had a teacher named Charlotte. She had no court vision and not reliable from the free throw line.

Welcome to the asylum and thanks for the info!

Any relation to darko milicic? I remember him being a huge bust for the pistons a few decades ago

Thanks for the scouting report on Boswell and Igor.

Thanks for the scouting report on Boswell and Igor.
Igor was at the Tennessee-Texas game in Charlotte. He was with one of his Charlotte teammates, Jackson Threadgill, who was already in the portal. I spoke to Igor for about 30 seconds and encouraged him not to enter the portal. Two days later, he hit the portal. 😂

Igor was at the Tennessee-Texas game in Charlotte. He was with one of his Charlotte teammates, Jackson Threadgill, who was already in the portal. I spoke to Igor for about 30 seconds and encouraged him not to enter the portal. Two days later, he hit the portal. 😂
Tell him not to come to Tennessee immediately.

VN Store

Back