Igor

Cooper Mays after taking a wrong turn through Athens.

Albert King was coveted by TN fans but Bernard had stirred up a lot of controversy about the time of little bro’s recruitment.

Majors brothers are anothe football example.

I don’t know if TN wanted them, but Jimmy England’s little brothers went elsewhere.

There really haven’t been too many in basketball. High level D-1/P6 level siblings are kind of rare. Reggie and Cheryl Miller might be the GOATs.

Albert King was coveted by TN fans but Bernard had stirred up a lot of controversy about the time of little bro’s recruitment.

I don’t know if TN wanted them, but Jimmy England’s little brothers went elsewhere.

There really haven’t been too many in basketball. High level D-1/P6 level siblings are kind of rare. Reggie and Cheryl Miller might be the GOATs.
Your first four examples are situations where the older siblings ended up as clearly better players. Also of note, in each of these situations the older sibling touted the younger sibling as being an up and coming better player. Brotherly love.

How could you forget the whole Berry family tree?

Maybe so, but Del Baker had a decent career on some decent teams in a decent conference, imo.
I guess it depends on your definition of decent career. 2.1 ppg career average. He was a bit player. A Renaldo Woolridge type guy. Relative to expectations, Baker pretty much met them, I guess.

Reactions: The Dog

I feel like there's a fair amount:

Lonzo and Lamelo Ball (Liangelo)
Evan and Isaiah Mobley
Obi and Jacob Toppin
Keegan and Kris Murray
Jalen and Cody Williams
Brook and Robin Lopez
Mason and Miles Plumlee
Joe and Jordan Crawford
Pau and Marc Gasol (not college)
Andrew and Ryan Nembhard
Cody and Tyler Zeller
Horace and Harvey Grant
Dominique and Gerald Wilkins
Jrue, Aaron, and Justin Holiday

I googled some that I forgot:

Stephen and Seth Curry
Marcus and Markieff Morris
Moritz and Franz Wagner
Caleb and Cody Martin
Jalen and Jaden McDaniels
Tyus and Tre Jones
Amen and Ausar Thompson (G League)

I guess it depends on your definition of decent career. 2.1 ppg career average. He was a bit player. A Renaldo Woolridge type guy. Relative to expectations, Baker pretty much met them, I guess.
Yeah, I probably just remembered a couple of big games or shots. Still, it was not a wasted scholarship, all things considered. Not saying you said that, just saying it was the right move and Baker had his moments

Yeah, I probably just remembered a couple of big games or shots. Still, it was not a wasted scholarship, all things considered. Not saying you said that, just saying it was the right move and Baker had his moments
Yeah, it was definitely the right move since we landed VY.

Reactions: The Dog
I guess you forget the Brady Vol teams of the
70’s when Greg, Peter and Bobby led us to the championship and then Greg hit his head on that surfboard because of the Tiki curse.
Are you sure they played here in the '70s? I've scoured my old media guides from '70 through '79, and I can't find mention of them anywhere.

Their father Mike taught in the architecture school…
You bring a lot of good info to this board, SF, but I think you're wrong on this one.

Anyway, I hope Greg's head injury wasn't too bad. I'd hate to think that CTE's preventing him from enjoying our recruiting successes in the transfer portal. Just goes to show you why you should never disturb native artifacts.

You bring a lot of good info to this board, SF, but I think you're wrong on this one.

Anyway, I hope Greg's head injury wasn't too bad. I'd hate to think that CTE's preventing him from enjoying our recruiting successes in the transfer portal. Just goes to show you why you should never disturb native artifacts.
Think he had a stepdaughter who sustained a pretty bad football-related injury on the sidelines too while she was here.

Evan and Isaiah Mobley
Obi and Jacob Toppin
Keegan and Kris Murray
Jalen and Cody Williams
Brook and Robin Lopez
Mason and Miles Plumlee
Joe and Jordan Crawford
Andrew and Ryan Nembhard
Cody and Tyler Zeller
Horace and Harvey Grant

Stephen and Seth Curry
Moritz and Franz Wagner
Caleb and Cody Martin
Tyus and Tre Jones
I had no idea Igor had so many famous relatives. Where have I been.

Evan and Isaiah Mobley
Obi and Jacob Toppin
Keegan and Kris Murray
Jalen and Cody Williams
Brook and Robin Lopez
Mason and Miles Plumlee
Joe and Jordan Crawford
Andrew and Ryan Nembhard
Cody and Tyler Zeller
Horace and Harvey Grant

Stephen and Seth Curry
Moritz and Franz Wagner
Caleb and Cody Martin
Tyus and Tre Jones

And here is list of father/son duos, which is rather long and rapidly growing.

It’s a pretty demonstrative theme in professional sports where those that have access to elite resources growing up are more likely to play at the highest levels.

Which I know is a real “duh” but just find it interesting

Slightly confused on Igor's visa situation. Could he not commit then figure out the visa?

I suppose he's already graduated from Charlotte which means he probably has to get actually accepted by a graduate program, then renew the visa as a continuing student (or something like that). But why can he not commit before the paperwork?

Yeah I said ANYMORE. I think whoever was our international guy isn’t on the team anymore.

I mean Santi and Pons are VERY recent. We just took a commit from a Nigerian national, and we're obviously recruiting hard here. I think it's pretty off base to say we don't deal with international players anymore, especially since the only support you have is: some person is possibly not there anymore.

Reactions: SoilVol
I’d be surprised if he comes to TN only because I’m not sure if we have any coaches/assistants who deal with players with international players ANYMORE.
We went with a few international players but Santi was the last one.
Maybe I’m wrong but I think he’s Baylor bound
We don’t deal with the International House Of Pancakes anymore, but we do still recruit international players.

VN Store

Back