Igor

I’d be surprised if he comes to TN only because I’m not sure if we have any coaches/assistants who deal with players with international players ANYMORE.
We went with a few international players but Santi was the last one.
Maybe I’m wrong but I think he’s Baylor bound

I’d be surprised if he comes to TN only because I’m not sure if we have any coaches/assistants who deal with players with international players ANYMORE.

We’ve had Vescovi, Plavsic, Nkhamoua, Pons and other in recent years

He’s been playing US college basketball for the last 3 years, I don’t think he needs any special handlers.

lol bro what. We’re spending time and money recruiting him. Sounds like we’re dealing with him

Baylor has a coach who coached internationally a few years , where I think that’s the connection.

Lentz & Polinsky both have international ties

I would argue that having a history of developing international players is more important than an assistant who’s coached internationally.
Baylor has Jeremy Sochan in the NBA, so they could point to that. Ultimately Igor will decide based on where he feels best.

Reactions: Ratvol

Last class we recruited Chinyelu originally from South Africa.

This class isn’t complete and we’re recruiting Mabor who is originally from South Sudan.

21 class we landed 2 international players in Tamba & Diboundje

Baylor has Jeremy Sochan in the NBA, so they could point to that. Ultimately Igor will decide based on where he feels best.
Certainly an attractive selling point. Maybe we win on pure volume of international players under Barnes, and I’m counting Admiral because he was born in London

Does Uros have any aggressive massive siblings or cousins? I love seeing the player development under Barnes and seeing guys that are essentially projects become contributors with hard work and perseverance.

I hope we get Milicic. Not only because he is a good player but he has 2 younger brothers who may turn out better than him. Let’s start a pipeline.
Do younger brothers always want to follow the older brothers or forge their own paths? Wonder how often that actually happens?

Do younger brothers always want to follow the older brothers or forge their own paths? Wonder how often that actually happens?
I guess you forget the Brady Vol teams of the
70’s when Greg, Peter and Bobby led us to the championship and then Greg hit his head on that surfboard because of the Tiki curse.

Jordan Bone did.

Isaiah Stokes didn't (but he wasn't cut out for college basketball it seems)

VN Store

Back