3rd Sat of Oct..53-38-7 record

The only reason it's blown out of whack now is because of Nick Saban's presence there. And the reality is that Nick Saban is beating everyone, not just Tennessee. Ten years ago it was about even in terms of W-L, thanks to the previous ten years of Phil Fulmer's work, but Saban is just above everyone and we're on the receiving end every year. There is no other team outside of the SEC West that has to do that.

But by that same token, to be the best, you have to beat the best.

Reactions: 1 person
If we add 4 teams, then we play 8 games in Division, 1 permanent cross division and 1 FCS for homecoming. Screw the OOC game, won't need it if we added; FSU, VT,(east) OU, OKEE ST (west)

If we add 4 teams, then we play 8 games in Division, 1 permanent cross division and 1 FCS for homecoming. Screw the OOC game, won't need it if we added; FSU, VT,(east) OU, OKEE ST (west)

Pretty sure they aren't going to let us play in a championship with only a 10 game regular season schedule. Might want to add a couple of those OOC games you just said screw it to. :hi:

So when the divisions were formed didn't UT and Bama go to the conf office and dictate they leave this game alone. Wasn't this game a solid reason behind permanent cross division rivals? I coulda swore I remember reading that.

These two programs have hated each other for over 100 years and they are one of THE storied rivalries in college football. This game needs to stay.

If Aub ever comes over to the East, it's over.

The old timers count TN-AL as the #1 rivalry.

But the younger ones consider it to be Aub-AL.

Is it time to stop the annual "cigar game" with Alabama? I like the rivalry game but I don't see why we can't rotate the game to another SEC west game. If we had played Miss St vs Alabama this year we are 6-1, top 10 ranking, SEC east champs and playing BAMa Dec. 3rd for the 1st time this season. Thoughts?
Clarification...UT record vs BAMa 38-53-7....thanks Anchorage, Alaska

I seriously question your level of fandom.......... all real UT fans want Bama EVERY YEAR!!! Bring it

Reactions: 4 people
If you're over 50 then you want to keep the game. But everyone knows this game is killing our potential.

Killing our potential.......lmfao. Let me guess. You played that stupid little pee wee baseball where the coach pitched the ball and no one kept score when you were little, right? I bet everyone got a participation ribbon to huh?

Listen to the whiners in here. Maybe we should move to the ACC with since there are mean tough teams in SEC.
Don't want to count Bama as a rival since they win more, but consider Florida a rival? How does that compute since we only won once a decade or so and most the losses are not even close

No folks, we are The Tennessee Volunteers. We are on a long hard climb up out of the valley but very soon we will be back on top of the mountain -- same one that Davey Crockett was born on. We suffered more than our share of losses in the last decade, but we are on the way back up and soon we will be celebrating epic wins against these "tough" teams some fans are afraid of

Sgt York was not afraid of the German army that outnumbered him - and he captured them. Andy Jackson wasn't afraid of the Brits in New Orleans and he whipped them. We are not afraid of Bama or Florida and it's time for our own winning streaks

Sgt York was not afraid of the German army that outnumbered him - and he captured them. Andy Jackson wasn't afraid of the Brits in New Orleans and he whipped them. We are not afraid of Bama or Florida and it's time for our own winning streaks

Was the country scared when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

VN Store

Back