A&M to Big 10 rumor

dobre_shunka

Not sure of the reliability of the source but given the fit A&M threw when Texas joined the SEC, it could be possible.

I kind of like A&M. If they went though I’d pivot immediately to ragging on the B1G for taking the lesser Texas brand, and then we’d just invite/take one more ACC team when that domino inevitably falls, so we still wind up with an even number of teams.

I saw a podcast last week that had 7 10 team divisions from the CFP meetings. Each of the 7 were divided by geographical region.

Guess what? The 7 looked very similar to the old PAC 10, Big 8, Southwest Conference, Big 10, SEC & ACC. It would be so ridiculous that we end up right back where it all started.

I saw a podcast last week that had 7 10 team divisions from the CFP meetings. Each of the 7 were divided by geographical region.

Guess what? The 7 looked very similar to the old PAC 10, Big 8, Southwest Conference, Big 10, SEC & ACC. It would be so ridiculous that we end up right back where it all started.
It would be nice, but tv execs will never go for it.

Afraid of Big Brother!?
Not so much a fear as loathing. They couldn't wait to get away from Texas. The horns were entitled and always catered to and got preferential treatment. The SEC will grow to hate them just as much in time. Hey, I lived in Norman long enough to learn everything I needed to about Texas. Letting them join this conference will be seen in a far different light in time. Wouldn't blame aTm one bit if they made that move. They know what's coming.

I would actually like it. I had postulated here and a couple of other places that that's where we'd end up at the end. The conferences that are this big are too unwieldy.

I believe this one to be true. I don't believe for a minute that A&M is ok with that school from Austin joining the conference. I live in Big 12 country and letting that school from Austin into the conference was a mistake.
Until Saban bolted, I thought bama could be a sufficient check and balance. With him gone, it's easier for Texas to throw their considerable weight around in this conference. And no, UGA and OU won't be on a par with a Saban led bama. The camel done got his nose under the tent on this one.

Reactions: mercuryvol

VN Store

Back