A&M to Big 10 rumor

I saw a podcast last week that had 7 10 team divisions from the CFP meetings. Each of the 7 were divided by geographical region.

Guess what? The 7 looked very similar to the old PAC 10, Big 8, Southwest Conference, Big 10, SEC & ACC. It would be so ridiculous that we end up right back where it all started.
I saw it too. Too logical to ever be implemented.

Reactions: tbh and b_gann
I saw it too. Too logical to ever be implemented.
Yeah, greed (SEC & Big10 won’t give up any TV money) & lack of foresight will kill it. NCAA isn’t staffed with brilliant forward thinking people as evidenced by the situation today.

Reactions: Plecoptera
I believe this one to be true. I don't believe for a minute that A&M is ok with that school from Austin joining the conference. I live in Big 12 country and letting that school from Austin into the conference was a mistake.

Agreed, TX has destroyed every conference they have been a member of.

Is A&M an AAU school? people have been saying for a while that is a requirement for membership, and that the Big 10 is only looking to add schools who are at that level.

Reactions: onevol74
Is A&M an AAU school? people have been saying for a while that is a requirement for membership, and that the Big 10 is only looking to add schools who are at that level.

Nebraska isn't an AAU school. They lost their accreditation the same year they joined the B10.

This rumor makes sense when you look at the academic requirements at aTm. Good strategy by the B1G to expand their media market. ESPN would love this. Their commissioner is winning the chess game with the SEC. I could see them going after UGA, Miami, or Florida next. They have higher academic standards also.

Nebraska isn't an AAU school. They lost their accreditation the same year they joined the B10.
Both Texas and A&M are AAU.

Nebraska is looking to consolidate their Lincoln and Omaha campuses into one to get their AAU status back

Not buying it. Who the heck is Greg Swaim? This looks like some freelance journalist trying to make a name for himself.

VN Store

Back