Are we Really THAT Bad??

Then take it easy and lay off the keg! The hangover coming from Alabama could be pretty rough.
I hope we get black out drunk for Bama and go right back to being giddy after a win against USC. As one UF fan on the board put it we got gallows humor or blind faith against all odds miracle optimism as our likely entertainment options for Bama.

Pass the communion wine.

Reactions: Weezer
Not saying we beat Bama , but CJP knows his weaknesses and the weaknesses of his defense and offense. Not sure if we are good enough to exploit that , but having a coach that had the playbook and wrote a big chunk of the playbook can't hurt. Plus , he is gonna want to show his old sheriff that there is a new sheriff in town. We might see this shape up to be a rivalry again

I hope we get black out drunk for Bama and go right back to being giddy after a win against USC. As one UF fan on the board put it we got gallows humor or blind faith against all odds miracle optimism as our likely entertainment options for Bama.

Pass the communion wine.

Yeah, that was a phenomenal post by a terrific person

Reactions: DD4ME
Looking at the Bama game realistically, I would, of course, love to have a win but I don't expect one. I want to see us play hard and continue to improve. Hopefully we get out with no major injuries and we give them a good game. The only problem with Bama is that you can play them pretty well and still lose by 30.

We are not bad...we just have ZERO depth
How do you figure? We were minus 4 of our top 8 OL, lost a valuable member in Kongbo, our starting TE and were without 2 of our top 3 safeties and still won at Auburn. Our 2s may fall off a little but it has not been noticeable. Depth is not a problem I feel.

If we can get 600-700 yards out of JG and the WRs coupled with a balanced rushing attack, I say we'll hold our own!

We thought we were terrible. And we were. We are improving. Now the Bama game will tell us absolutely nothing about how we are progressing imo.
I agree, though I do think we'll see our guys fight.

We thought we were terrible. And we were. We are improving. Now the Bama game will tell us absolutely nothing about how we are progressing imo.

No , jokes aside, you don't go from where we were less than 6 weeks ago to beating this version of bubba. If we at least make them pay attention half way though the 3rd qtr, it will be a sign of real progress.

Its going to be a sellout and the fans will be hyped for 4qts and Tn will win and the goal posts will come down and the Sunday morning headline will read "Down goes Bama"

One can dream.....right?

I just hope our DBs can keep their WRs in front of them. I dont want to see Bama throwing bomb after bomb to wide open WRs. I have no faith in our OL opening any holes for our RBs. So JG will have a lot on him and is going to get hit often....Im afraid. But this is why the game is played.

Consider our 3 losses:
Current #8 Georgia
Current #11 Florida
Current #13 WV
And one win over then #21 AU
??????

Not saying we are the Patriots but I don't think we Suck like many think!

Don't Taze me Bros, JMO!

We looked like a complete team for the first time Saturday. I can't help but wonder what our record might be if we passed the ball more though and didn't have football demons on our back against the swamp lizards. And who knows what would have happened in Athens if we could have gotten those 3 turnovers in three first half

Consider our 3 losses:
Current #8 Georgia
Current #11 Florida
Current #13 WV
And one win over then #21 AU
??????

Not saying we are the Patriots but I don't think we Suck like many think!

Don't Taze me Bros, JMO!

And we had 6 TOs against Florida, combined with some horribly one-sided officiating in their favor.

We’re a team that sucked that’s improving each week. We can still go anywhere from 5-7 to 8-4 though. We gotta keep playing well.

I'd argue that we came out flat against WVU, regressed to a level of play worse than all of 2017 against Florida, improved to be back to the same level against GA, that we showed against WVU, and finally showed growth on the season so far against Auburn.

I get seasick riding dez waves of feelz around here.
The win against AU was like that first breath of fresh air after being waterboarded for 2 yrs.

If Tua can't go and they can keep Hurts in the pocket and make him throw it for first downs instead of scrambling for long gains, the Vols can keep it respectable. Then if Bama has a 4-5 TO game who knows. But the bottom line is the only team that can beat Bama Saturday is Bama. Here's hoping they look like we did against the Gators!! GBO

VN Store

Back