Are we Really THAT Bad??

If we were in the MAC we would be #1 but we are in the SEC and that schedule repeats itself every year. Gotta buckle that strap a little tighter.

I don't know if we really could've beaten UGa. Our lads played fairly well, but that game wasn't a close one. Even if we'd played our best, I think we'd probably have come up short.

On the other hand, you could make a case that we beat ourselves playing FL. Six turnovers plus a dumb safety, and lost by four scores. Each turnover costs, potentially, two scores: the one we didn't get, and the one they did.

Our miscues, and what they did in the following drive:
-- UT fumble --> FL touchdown
-- UT interception --> FL touchdown
-- UT safety --> FL touchdown
-- UT fumble --> FL punt
-- UT fumble --> FL field goal
-- UT fumble --> end of 1st half
-- UT interception --> FL punt

So...subtract the 26 points FL gained off those turnovers (3 TDs, 1 FG, 1 safety), and give us even just a few field goals at the end of those drives instead, and the final score, instead of 47-21 Gators, is 30-21 Vols.

Yep, we beat ourselves that game.

But you're right, WVU definitely beat us. Hands down.

UGA had 3 touchdowns given up by one player..... sit him on the bench, WE SHOULD’VE WON.

UGA had 3 touchdowns given up by one player..... sit him on the bench, WE SHOULD’VE WON.

We lost by 26 points.

Even if (a) those three TDs were all that one player's fault (they weren't; it's a team sport), and (b) replacing that player with another player could guarantee UGa wouldn't score on those three drives (it wouldn't), you still have the problem that three TDs does not add up to 26 points.

Don't lay the blame for that loss on any single player. It takes the entire team to win or lose.

We lost by 26 points.

Even if (a) those three TDs were all that one player's fault (they weren't; it's a team sport), and (b) replacing that player with another player could guarantee UGa wouldn't score on those three drives (it wouldn't), you still have the problem that three TDs does not add up to 26 points.

Don't lay the blame for that loss on any single player. It takes the entire team to win or lose.

I felt like those 3 TDs were momentum changers.... it sucked the life out of us!!!! When you’re starters aren’t doing their job the team is negatively impacted in a major way.

Tennesse is the lowest scoring team in the entire SEC, but are we really that bad?

Our defense is very underrated given the issues at age and depth. Pruitt and Sherrer's Defense will be legit around this time next year. I really think Pruitt and Sherrer only need 2 recruiting classes to get a solid defense here.

Offense continues to take 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

Consider our 3 losses:
Current #8 Georgia
Current #11 Florida
Current #13 WV
And one win over then #21 AU
??????

Not saying we are the Patriots but I don't think we Suck like many think!

Don't Taze me Bros, JMO!

Yes we are as bad as it seems. Next year will be markedly better

Consider our 3 losses:
Current #8 Georgia
Current #11 Florida
Current #13 WV
And one win over then #21 AU
??????

Not saying we are the Patriots but I don't think we Suck like many think!

Don't Taze me Bros, JMO!

I am already on record predicting a W tomorrow (Pre-Trey going down) and I predicted the Auburn win back on August 30th I believe we can be the best of the 2nd level this year. O line still a concern but if my prediction holds for tomorrow night, we will run the table and will go 8-4 and play in the Outback Bowl.. If O line dinged too bad and we lose tomorrow, no bowling but will have a much improved squad for next year.

VN Store

Back