Are we Really THAT Bad??

tua is gonna play.
I agree. I have a bet with a guy I know, not really a friend, but hes been running his mouth about Bama since the beginning of summer. He's a USC fan, but he loves him some Bama. Anyway, I basically bet with him to shut him up.

I agree. I have a bet with a guy I know, not really a friend, but hes been running his mouth about Bama since the beginning of summer. He's a USC fan, but he loves him some Bama. Anyway, I basically bet with him to shut him up.
good luck?

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL and Behr
Just to update this thread, our 4 losses have come against Current
#1, #7 (then #2), #9, and #13!! And KY is currently #12
Also one of our 3 wins was then #21 Auburn, has Any other team had a schedule like this??
I still DON'T think we are as bad as our record shows!! JMO

No clue. I thought we were 3-9 bad but onbviously we’re not that.

Now are we sub .500 bad? Maybe. Hell, we have a real chance at being 8-4. So we’ll see. USC will tell us a lot I think.

No clue. I thought we were 3-9 bad but onbviously we’re not that.

Now are we sub .500 bad? Maybe. Hell, we have a real chance at being 8-4. So we’ll see. USC will tell us a lot I think.

Slow down there partner!

We are about to find out. If we win 3 of the next 5 I would say we are a decent team nowhere near an elite level. If we only beat Charlotte I’d say we are pretty bad. As for right now, I don’t think we are that bad.

I thought we were a 6-7 win team, then it looked like we were a 3 win team. Now it looks like we're a 5-6 win team. Though that isn't set in stone. The Auburn win is the only positive event on the season so far. We've been blown out by competent teams and UTEP and ETSU aren't worth even talking about as far as wins go.

The poll taken here on VN by 545 voters prior to this season looked like this:

5 Wins or Less 9.5%
6 Wins 29.6%
7 Wins 36.77%
8 Wins 20.4%
9 Wins or More 5.5%

The majority thought we can win 7, so who are the remaining 4 Wins??

5 Wins or Less 9.5%
6 Wins 29.6%
7 Wins 36.77%
8 Wins 20.4%
9 Wins or More 5.5%

from easiest to hardest
Charlotte @ home should be lock but they did beat Old Dominion who beat VT
Vandy @ Nashville
USC must have this one to keep morale up be the harder of these 3 but need to get it to keep 4 out of 5 in play morale wise. Because it's next game
split UK or Missouri
4 w 1 L

Yes. Last year proved "anything is possible".

If at the beginning of season last year you told me we would go 4-8 and 0 in SEC play it wouldn't have surprised me. Hell, I'm pretty sure I could do a quick search and find where I said I wouldn't be surprised if we went 9-3 or 3-9.

It would surprise me if we don't win at least 2 more. I would bet money we win out before we go winless the rest of the way.

Anyway, I think you're just trolling with this schtick, but if not.... You crazy. Lol.

Reactions: BeecherVol

5 Wins or Less 9.5%
6 Wins 29.6%
7 Wins 36.77%
8 Wins 20.4%
9 Wins or More 5.5%

Charlotte
South Carolina
Kentucky

Our gauntlet is about over now that we have wrapped up the first part of the season against the highly ranked competition. We aren’t as nicked up as we were by this time in each of the past two seasons, and our guys are coming together. We have the ability to win out, and that would speak volumes about the maturity of our team, but I wouldn’t be surprised or let down if we drop one or two more. The 2018 season is about incremental improvement, and we have seen that consistently. As long as that continues the W’s will come and next season we will be poised for a break out year with returning starters and what looks to be a decent recruiting class.

Reactions: OneVolNation
When this season's team plays as a team you can see it and it's exciting to watch. That Auburn game, things finally started to click and fall into place after the improvement seen the week before against Georgia in the 4th quarter. The coaches are working on winning the first quarter for the first time in a game this season vs. South Carolina. Saturday will really show who this team can be. I'd be ecstatic if we found a way to win the first quarter and then never looked back.

Consider our 3 losses:
Current #8 Georgia
Current #11 Florida
Current #13 WV
And one win over then #21 AU
??????

Not saying we are the Patriots but I don't think we Suck like many think!

Don't Taze me Bros, JMO!

We could’ve AND should’ve beat UGA...... Florida & WV truly whipped our butts.

We could’ve AND should’ve beat UGA...... Florida & WV truly whipped our butts.

I don't know if we really could've beaten UGa. Our lads played fairly well, but that game wasn't a close one. Even if we'd played our best, I think we'd probably have come up short.

On the other hand, you could make a case that we beat ourselves playing FL. Six turnovers plus a dumb safety, and lost by four scores. Each turnover costs, potentially, two scores: the one we didn't get, and the one they did.

Our miscues, and what they did in the following drive:
-- UT fumble --> FL touchdown
-- UT interception --> FL touchdown
-- UT safety --> FL touchdown
-- UT fumble --> FL punt
-- UT fumble --> FL field goal
-- UT fumble --> end of 1st half
-- UT interception --> FL punt

So...subtract the 26 points FL gained off those turnovers (3 TDs, 1 FG, 1 safety), and give us even just a few field goals at the end of those drives instead, and the final score, instead of 47-21 Gators, is 30-21 Vols.

Yep, we beat ourselves that game.

But you're right, WVU definitely beat us. Hands down.

VN Store

Back