Basketball post game feuding tonight...

What are y'all thoughts aboiut the post game handshake and the jawing between both teams tonight....i myself think that it was truly classless between both teams and dang why not just be good sportsmen and walk off the court...no need for all of that other bull.....That was really uncalled for....
When a team shows up and tries to punk you on your home court you let them know they haven't won in our building in 7 years and we've won 7/8. Bye salty crocodiles.

As someone that coaches kid’s basketball I hate to see stuff like this no matter who started it. The young kids emulate the older ones. IMO youth, AAU and high school basketball has a sportsmanship challenge with all the focus on showing up your opponent and parents make it worse. If it makes me a blue haired lady Vols fan so be it.

Looks to me that Florida guys knew they were in the wrong since they scurried off in the tunnel as our guys gator chomped them off.

Probably just a few guys on Florida being sore losers in the handshake line and some of their senior players got them off the court before emotions got to high.

Appleby was the same one who wanted to throw down with Jaden Springer after Fulk took the Omar elbow in the SECT. He's been a punk since arriving at Florida.
That guy has a few loose screws, and is an absolute snake. I’ve seen numerous examples of his cheap shot play for 4 years now.

Mike White is suspect in my mind, he was all ready to come to Tennessee after Cuonzo went Gonezo, but changed his mind at the last minute, leaving Handsome Dave Hart in a lurch and panic hire of Donnie Tindall. Didn't seem to have solid player control from the bench and these are guys he recruited and has coached from the get go.

Jury is still out on his brother Danny White, he hasn't had to do anything except hire his coach from UCF, raise money, raise ticket prices, extend Vitello, who Curry actually hired. The fact that the athletic department still caters to Fulmer with the expensive seats on the arena floor is a moral disgrace and an insult to any Tennessee basketball fan who understands the basic reason Barnes was headed to UCLA was Fulmer's complete neglect of the other sports programs at Tennessee, all so he could go to football practice most days.

I didn't like Uros picking up a T during the game. That was just a really dumb play. As far as the post game festivities go, though, I have no problem with how our guys conducted themselves. In fact, I absolutely loved it.

What are y'all thoughts aboiut the post game handshake and the jawing between both teams tonight....i myself think that it was truly classless between both teams and dang why not just be good sportsmen and walk off the court...no need for all of that other bull.....That was really uncalled for....
I think after the tournament thing last year FL can suck it

The result: UF will be ultra-amped if the Vols have to play UF in the SEC tourney. I don't like our chances if that occurs. Had Vescovi not been red hot tonight, we lose. Maybe Santi's best game of his career.
UF shot the lights out in the first half, If not then we blow them out...They got nothing and I really don't think our guys are too worried about them.....F- UF

Reactions: OneVolNation
As someone that coaches kid’s basketball I hate to see stuff like this no matter who started it. The young kids emulate the older ones. IMO youth, AAU and high school basketball has a sportsmanship challenge with all the focus on showing up your opponent and parents make it worse. If it makes me a blue haired lady Vols fan so be it.

Agree. Happened when I coached 2006-2017 in all sports. Parents are the worst during rec sports as they care more about the outcome than the players. As the kids get older they mimic the dances, actions, etc they see in college or nfl. I’m not for it.

But I’m all for the players defending themselves, but being smart

The result: UF will be ultra-amped if the Vols have to play UF in the SEC tourney. I don't like our chances if that occurs. Had Vescovi not been red hot tonight, we lose. Maybe Santi's best game of his career.
It looks like UF started it so that's motivation for us. And we should still have fire from our last tournament game against them.

Last edited:
Florida players acting all hostile, didn’t see any Vol do anything. Just a bunch of sore losers. We have pretty much owned this series a while. We won they lost and cried!!!! Go Vols and let them gator tears fall!!!!!

Mike White is suspect in my mind, he was all ready to come to Tennessee after Cuonzo went Gonezo, but changed his mind at the last minute, leaving Handsome Dave Hart in a lurch and panic hire of Donnie Tindall. Didn't seem to have solid player control from the bench and these are guys he recruited and has coached from the get go.

Jury is still out on his brother Danny White, he hasn't had to do anything except hire his coach from UCF, raise money, raise ticket prices, extend Vitello, who Curry actually hired. The fact that the athletic department still caters to Fulmer with the expensive seats on the arena floor is a moral disgrace and an insult to any Tennessee basketball fan who understands the basic reason Barnes was headed to UCLA was Fulmer's complete neglect of the other sports programs at Tennessee, all so he could go to football practice most days.
I used to think Mike White was a pretty stand up guy but he’s changed. I think he’s feeling some sort of pressure because his demeanor has changed. His players are dirty a**es and he has condoned that behavior for too long. Nice to beat his team any time especially after the Fulky incident.

Where does he make contact with the female staffer?
I watched this one below first but didn't notice the shove until I saw the Chris Eggert tweet/video (some guy's head is in the way in the Eggert tweet), but after reading his tweet I went back and looked at the WBIR guy's tweet. I think Appleby does shove our DOBO (the blonde) to move her out of his way to get to ZZ.

VN Store

Back