Basketball post game feuding tonight...

(1) Florida and classy don’t belong together. Simple as that. Screw Florida. We own them in basketball and they know it. (2) Their athletes act like trash anytime things don’t go their way. We have a hex on them just like they have one on us in football. Hope they have a great flight home! Not!! Hope the plane is out of fuel and they have to stay another night and hear someone blasting Rocky Top all night long 🤣

1. This seems to be an atmosphere that is allowed at the high school level of sports in Fla. You see it all the time in televised football games and the once in a while televised basketball games.
2. This is a lack of maturity AND the foundations on which these kids are encouraged from preschool on. That is be aggressive, be outspoken and yes to mention a political correct stance, to just be a bully and take no sh-t! But in learning these traits, the lower school and playground couches fall short on teaching the mature side of the sport. I think in many cases these so called coaches are trying to live out their dreams through this youngsters.

Vescovi is having a really good season but the discussion on SEC POY starts and stops with Tshiebwe.
Yep. Santi is super-important to our team, and significantly improved, but to suggest that he should be in the running for SEC POY is a pretty gross overcorrection. He isn't going to get a sniff because the likely national POY resides two hours north of Knoxville. Jabari Smith should and would garner more consideration, as well.

Kessler is the best rim protector in the league and a fine player but when you compare performance between the 2 there’s no discussion as to who is overwhelmingly more productive this season and it has nothing to do with playing at Kentucky.

Tshiebwe. Pts 16.3, rbs 15.2, blocks 2.0, stls 2.0

Kessler. Pts 10.9, rbs 7.6, blocks 4.2, stls 0.8

Tshiebwe by a mile
Kessler is a good player, but isn't even the best player on his own team.

Might be the 3rd best on their team?
I think you could make a case for any of Kessler, KD Johnson, and Wendell Green in any order behind Jabari Smith.

Interestingly enough, those three are all first-year transfers. Talk about making hay in the transfer market and knocking it out of the park.

Same for Kentucky. Tshiebwe, Wheeler, and Grady are all first-year transfers.

Where would those two teams be without those guys?

Anyone who thinks the FL players would not have been running around the court doing the gator chomp if they had won don't know FL teams.
They would have been rubbing it in all they could. I agree with Barnes for his players to show class but hard to do when your playing a team that shows none. Same with LSU.

I think you could make a case for any of Kessler, KD Johnson, and Wendell Green in any order behind Jabari Smith.

Interestingly enough, those three are all first-year transfers. Talk about making hay in the transfer market and knocking it out of the park.

Same for Kentucky. Tshiebwe, Wheeler, and Grady are all first-year transfers.

Where would those two teams be without those guys?
And where might we be if we had landed a couple of them where we came up second?

I see comments about Plasvic and him getting T’d up and I agree that he needs to control his emotion. But I can see his frustration, when a Fla guy came in for a rebound and hit him right in the mouth and nothing was said or called. Fla got the putback but nothing was called or even looked at especially since it was above the shoulder area.

I see comments about Plasvic and him getting T’d up and I agree that he needs to control his emotion. But I can see his frustration, when a Fla guy came in for a rebound and hit him right in the mouth and nothing was said or called. Fla got the putback but nothing was called or even looked at especially since it was above the shoulder area.
He’s from Serbia where as kids they play dodge ball with bricks. A little slap to the face shouldn’t faze him.

EXACTLY! The fla guy came down with his arms flinging at Plasvic trying to inflict injury! NO DAMN CALL??? Wth? That was one of at least 3 calls the refs got backwards vs the Vols. If WE can see it, WTH can't they, right in a 6' circle of the action? AND no Replay look see? Dammit.. That foul was FLAGRANT, and nothing was called. Barnes needs to submit that vid to the SEC Office.

who was the dude with the highlighted pompadour hairstyle ? I know he must be in for rebounding and defense . Cuz he can't get a jumper around that pompadour....lookin' all " like what".....I don't get it ....How can you seriously talk to someone without constantly looking at the top of his head . Reminded me of Cheech and Chong talking about ..."don't look at my cousin strawberry neck"

What are y'all thoughts aboiut the post game handshake and the jawing between both teams tonight....i myself think that it was truly classless between both teams and dang why not just be good sportsmen and walk off the court...no need for all of that other bull.....That was really uncalled for....

It was bound to happen. I was watching at work, and would not let them turn off the game. That last minute taking 12 to 15 minutes to wind up was just stupid. I had to get the end of the game from Bob. YUCK! As to the handshake line? I guess sportsmanship advocates are gonna get all hot and bothered about it, but I would have not done it. There are times I guess when it is OK to do it, but there are times to just forget about it. Tempers were flaring, and a meaningless show of good sportsmanship was not gonna end well in this particular moment.

When they started this stuff up in youth sports, I kinda rolled my eyes. We did not do it back when I played, because there was always one or two guys on my team, and one or two on the opposing teams who just did not need to interact at the end of the game. They just needed to get into the locker room, get a shower, and cool their jets. I would have my hotheads go to the locker room, let the subs shake hands with each other, and avoid setting off an ugly scene. And if anyone in the press or in the stands doesn't like it? It's not like they were gonna be down there keeping the peace. They just need to get over it. If you got a player or two who are too POed, they need to be allowed to head back, and not participate. And if it gets done away with entirely? No big loss. At least to me.

We could take some lessons on class too ... win without all the extra stuff.... don't need to be gator chomping or throwing mustard or bottles or golf balls .. embarrassing

We could take some lessons on class too ... win without all the extra stuff.... don't need to be gator chomping or throwing mustard or bottles or golf balls .. embarrassing
I agree. Just play the game and stop all the extracurricular activity. That doesn’t mean you’re “backing down.” Use the negative to play harder.

VN Store

Back