Battle At Bristol WebCam

Are the two buildings closest to the camera going to be the locker rooms?

Haha. Clicked on just in time to see a bug crawl across the lens. More up-close-and-personal with his anatomy than I preferred.

One question: has anyone said how, exactly, they are planning on lighting this thing?

One question: has anyone said how, exactly, they are planning on lighting this thing?

The racetrack is already set up for night racing. My first guess would have to be that they just redirect the lights more toward the infield.

Are the two buildings closest to the camera going to be the locker rooms?

The one with the checkerboard pattern is "victory lane", and is the building that will house the Vols locker room.

The building all the way at the other end of the field is the one that will hold Va Tech's locker room.

Or that's how I understood it, anyway.

Thought I read somewhere that they'll bring in additional portable field lighting towers for the game, to get the brightness on field where it needs to be. But could be mis-remembering that from something else.

Thought I read somewhere that they'll bring in additional portable field lighting towers for the game, to get the brightness on field where it needs to be. But could be mis-remembering that from something else.

You may very well be correct JP.
I haven't read anything on the subject. Just made a random guess about the lights for the track.

They've begun installing the additional sideline seating on the track itself...to the right side of the web cam view:

BaB%20-%20Day%202b%20Activity.png

It also looks like that green & white cherry picker working on the barrier fence has made its way all the way around to the far left portion of the track. It started out yesterday about where the new stands are being installed on the right. So whatever they're doing, whether actually removing the barrier fence or just loosening all its ties so it can be rolled up later, they're almost halfway done. EDIT: there are now TWO green & white cherry pickers working on the fence. So no telling their rate of progress. :)

And looks like they're completely finished with the sand layer of fill, working completely on the gravel layer now.

One other new bit of activity: trucks are delivering, and forklifts are stockpiling, some new white materials on the left side pit row wall. Can't tell what it is from the web cam.

Last edited:
What happens when Trevor Daniel hits the jumbotron? Do we re-kick? is it in play?

Curious minds want to know,

Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
They're saying no way any of the kickers hit that puppy. It's 140' above the playing surface.

Yeah, OK. i didn't know it was that far. The Dallas stadium jumbotron is 90' and kickers hit it all the time, but 50 MORE feet is pretty high. i guess you are right. if I was trevor though, i'd try -- because well.

TREVOR FOR HEISMAN. The legend all began when they said "no way trevor can hit the jumbotron.... CLANK!"

Reactions: 3 people
First to ask. Do we storm the field and tear the goalposts down if we win? :)

Progress is going great, the cam is a great addition to the Volnation. I have bled Orange since the late 60's and this game will be epic, so glad it's happenin
I lived in Bristol when the track owner, Bruton Smith had two weeks of dirt track racing at BMS, they had thousands of dump trucks bring in red clay to add feet of dirt to the track for the World of Outlaws and late models. So no worries, it'll be done and ready on time
GO BIG ORANGE

For this ole timer, anyone remember how to spell TN
The real way?

Reactions: 3 people
Look to the left at about goal line.
Those are big bags of sand &/or pellets (I think).

they use that to spread into the turf after it is laid.

The only reason I recognize them is that our local High School field was turfed a few years back and I had to ask what those big bags were.

dhsfield.jpg

I think that the BIG Azz fence may keep us (y'all) out.......

They are taking the fence down. Long way to the field thou. Have to jump the low wall around the track and the field will be raised 3 ft. Count me out:)

VN Store

Back