Battle At Bristol WebCam

So where are the cams actually located in terms of seats. Just curious as to if those small people are going to look that small (like ants) from the seats. :)

The camera(s) are likely located in one of the suites that sit atop the Darrell Waltrip section in turns 3/4.

GBO!!!

My guess? In case there's an accident on the worksite, they have plenty of time to stop the feed before it goes live. Wouldn't want to web-cast someone getting hurt.

If you think VN is full of Arm Chair Quarterbacks you ain't seen nothing til you see the Arm Chair Lawyers coming out of the woodwork.

Reactions: 4 people
My guess? In case there's an accident on the worksite, they have plenty of time to stop the feed before it goes live. Wouldn't want to web-cast someone getting hurt.

If you think VN is full of Arm Chair Quarterbacks you ain't seen nothing til you see the Arm Chair Lawyers coming out of the woodwork.

Both of these make sense... Thanks

Reactions: 1 person
Day 4 activity:
-- West side track-level bleachers starting to go up.
-- Barrier fence is completely gone.
-- North goalpost completely assembled; south goalpost about half there.
-- Black rubber mat going down on the field area.
-- Fast-growing bermuda grass planted at one end and quickly expanding east-west. ;)

Looking great, with 16 days still to go!

Where is the jumbotron screen going to be located at for the game? I know they had to move it because it was in the center of the football field. Does anybody know where they're going to place it for the football game? Thanks!

Where is the jumbotron screen going to be located at for the game? I know they had to move it because it was in the center of the football field. Does anybody know where they're going to place it for the football game? Thanks!

It's hanging 140' over the center of the field now, on huge cables. It's not being moved anywhere.

You can clearly see it and the suspension cables (and when the sun's shining, its shadow) on the web cam.

Last edited:
It's hanging 140' over the center of the field now, on huge cables. It's not being moved anywhere.

You can clearly see it and the suspension cables (and when the sun's shining, its shadow) on the web cam.

I went to the live webcam & it must have been stuck on video or something at the time because I didn't notice it. So, it's going to be hanging over the top of the field. I bet that thing nearly covers the entire length of the football field. Thanks

what is going to happen to the turf after the battle at bristol and the game the following week?
It seems like it would be a shame just to trash it, and i don't know that all of the tractor trailers can be driving on it for the races (perhaps they can I don't know).
Can it be donated to a local high school or similar?
seems a waste just for two games...even if it will be epic

what is going to happen to the turf after the battle at bristol and the game the following week?
It seems like it would be a shame just to trash it, and i don't know that all of the tractor trailers can be driving on it for the races (perhaps they can I don't know).

Wouldn't be surprised if they roll it up and store it somewhere under those bleachers, for use in a few years' time when someone gets the wild hair to do this again.

:)

I read somewhere it was being donated to some school after words. I'm not sure what school but ETSU is building a new stadium now they may get it.

VN Store

Back