Beer!

I-can-t--I-m-mormon-mormons-332318_400_400.jpg
Sweet Baby Jesus

Reactions: I40flyer
Dude beside me in Section D was trashed on whiskey, slinging elbows and grabbing people, nothing to do with beer.
But, I tolerated it, never said a word, considering what was going on on the field, what an awesome game to be a part of.

The guy that tweeted it said he was throwing punches on another Vol fan.

This was small potatoes, maybe so small it was just potato skin. It pales even besides that Vols vs. Vols fans at the bowl game against Nebraska a few years back. But I guarantee you the worst is yet to come in the not too far future. For three reasons:

1. Those people who wouldn't know what self-control is if it was a hot poker stuck into their bum.
2. It only takes a few head cases of any type to wreck a train even if it's stationary.
3. Criminal pranks and terror-bent folks are on the rise. So is their maniacal creativity.

And no, it's not the beer itself that's the problem, it's the innate stupidity of humans. But beer and alcohol, in general, help the stupidity along. So, frankly, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Last edited:
"In response, Aramark stated they wonā€™t sell any alcohol to intoxicated patrons and claims there will be designated driver programs and incentives for ride sharing following the conclusion of UT games. "

In my experience, when significant profit is an opportunity, such promises from alcohol, tobacco, gambling, prostitution, drug (illicit or pharmaceutical), or any other vice sellers are as meaningless as a handful of dirt and a pebble from Cess Pool Creek. They may even do this for a while but the lure of profits will see it either gradually or suddenly slip away.
""ALOHOL, GAMBLING, TOBACCO, PROSTITUTION, DRUG (ILLICIT OR PHARMACEUTICAL" or any other vice, such paying to watch football, gambling on the stock market, coffee, chocolate, fishing or ANY other vice...pick your poison, there are many people addicted to the net and electronic games, is nothing sacred any more? If this evil beer selling were to quit, all the problems with drunk fans would stop and stop fast! Yes sir, that would do it.

""ALOHOL, GAMBLING, TOBACCO, PROSTITUTION, DRUG (ILLICIT OR PHARMACEUTICAL" or any other vice, such paying to watch football, gambling on the stock market, coffee, chocolate, fishing or ANY other vice...pick your poison, there are many people addicted to the net and electronic games, is nothing sacred any more? If this evil beer selling were to quit, all the problems with drunk fans would stop and stop fast! Yes sir, that would do it.

You may eat your own sarcasm sandwich, it won't change what I said. If you read my post you'd know I just pretty much said history repeats itself. Humans are self-destructively stupid.

This was small potatoes, maybe so small it was just potato skin. It pales even besides that Vols vs. Vols fans at the bowl game against Nebraska a few years back. But I guarantee you the worst is yet to come in the not too far future. For three reasons:

1. Those people who wouldn't know what self-control is if it was a hot poker stuck into their bum.
2. It only takes a few head cases of any type to wreck a train even if it's stationary.
3. Criminal pranks and terror-bent folks are on the rise. So is their maniacal creativity.

And no, it's not the beer itself that's the problem, it's the innate stupidity of humans. But beer and alcohol, in general, help the stupidity along. So, frankly, you ain't seen nothing yet.
So far this morning you are predicting worse behavior by fans at Neyland AND calling out the play of the right guard on a GIF thread that celebrates the best plays from one of the most complete and impressive victories of the Pruitt era. If the stats from games comparing before and after beer sales are true, ejections and arrests are significantly down. But why get caught up in facts when we can embrace feelings?

Directly to your points- ā€œthe worst is yet to comeā€ because
1. ā€œThose people who wouldnā€™t know what self-control is if it was a hot poker stuck into their bumā€ what? This isn't a complete sentence. And how would self-control be obvious if it was hot and penetrating your anus? Iā€™m sure what you mean is ā€œthoseā€ people are helpless and will not have self control, but interesting choice of a metaphor.
2. ā€œIt only takes a few head cases of any type to wreck a train even if it's stationary.ā€ Whatā€™s the train in this metaphor? Is the train the experience of the game? I can see the metaphor working if the train is moving, but stationary? Good luck wrecking a train with only a few people if itā€™s not moving. So a few people with no self control are going to ruin the entire experience for all the fans at Neyland? Once again see the stats/facts above. Arrests and ejections are down.
3. ā€œCriminal pranks and terror-bent folks are on the rise. So is their maniacal creativity.ā€
What the hell does this strange opinion about society have to do with beer sales at Neyland?

Iā€™m of the opinion that selling alcohol in the stadium is a good thing for the fans and the university. I think it will lead to less binge drinking and less negative outcomes from overconsumption of alcohol, and increased revenue that can be reinvested in the facilities and lead to a better overall fan experience. It seems that so far the stats/facts support my opinion, but time will tell. As far as your statement that humans are inherently stupid, I think your posts this morning support that theory.

So far this morning you are predicting worse behavior by fans at Neyland AND calling out the play of the right guard on a GIF thread that celebrates the best plays from one of the most complete and impressive victories of the Pruitt era. If the stats from games comparing before and after beer sales are true, ejections and arrests are significantly down. But why get caught up in facts when we can embrace feelings?

Directly to your points- ā€œthe worst is yet to comeā€ because
1. ā€œThose people who wouldnā€™t know what self-control is if it was a hot poker stuck into their bumā€ what? This isn't a complete sentence. And how would self-control be obvious if it was hot and penetrating your anus? Iā€™m sure what you mean is ā€œthoseā€ people are helpless and will not have self control, but interesting choice of a metaphor.
2. ā€œIt only takes a few head cases of any type to wreck a train even if it's stationary.ā€ Whatā€™s the train in this metaphor? Is the train the experience of the game? I can see the metaphor working if the train is moving, but stationary? Good luck wrecking a train with only a few people if itā€™s not moving. So a few people with no self control are going to ruin the entire experience for all the fans at Neyland? Once again see the stats/facts above. Arrests and ejections are down.
3. ā€œCriminal pranks and terror-bent folks are on the rise. So is their maniacal creativity.ā€
What the hell does this strange opinion about society have to do with beer sales at Neyland?

Iā€™m of the opinion that selling alcohol in the stadium is a good thing for the fans and the university. I think it will lead to less binge drinking and less negative outcomes from overconsumption of alcohol, and increased revenue that can be reinvested in the facilities and lead to a better overall fan experience. It seems that so far the stats/facts support my opinion, but time will tell. As far as your statement that humans are inherently stupid, I think your posts this morning support that theory.

And so, it seems you're saying you have your opinions and I have mine. Thank you for giving me permission to think my thoughts. That's gracious of you. Is it Ok for me to breathe too? As a thank you, I'm giving you a copy of your portrait.

iu

And so, it seems you're saying you have your opinions and I have mine. Thank you for giving me permission to think my thoughts. That's gracious of you. Is it Ok for me to breathe too? As a thank you, I'm giving you a copy of your portrait.

iu
Nope, Iā€™m saying letā€™s look at facts, and your reply to my post is classic projection. See above stats for ejections and arrests.

I provided you my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
Iā€™m pretty sure you just made an argument that things will get worse because people are stupid and crazy people are getting crazier. Perhaps Iā€™m missing the post where you outlined your principles. Regardless of what principles you use to guide your decisions, other people are going to do what they want and most of them wonā€™t be considering ā€œwhat would woodsmanvol do?ā€ One choice is to enjoy alcohol at a football game. What some of us in the Volnation believe is that if you make alcohol available during the game, less people will smuggle in hard liquor, less people will pound the extra shots and beers just before kickoff, and people in general will be less hammered. Itā€™s hard to prove this theory, but one way to determine if selling beer at the games makes the crowd more or less drunk is to look at how many people are ejected and arrested during the games. So far, based on the above tweet, assuming the stats are accurate, selling beer has led to less arrests and less ejections. I hope Iā€™m right and youā€™re wrong, not for any reason other than if Iā€™m right, things get better. If youā€™re right, things get worse. Either way I hope the Vols keep winning!

Iā€™m pretty sure you just made an argument that things will get worse because people are stupid and crazy people are getting crazier. Perhaps Iā€™m missing the post where you outlined your principles. Regardless of what principles you use to guide your decisions, other people are going to do what they want and most of them wonā€™t be considering ā€œwhat would woodsmanvol do?ā€ One choice is to enjoy alcohol at a football game. What some of us in the Volnation believe is that if you make alcohol available during the game, less people will smuggle in hard liquor, less people will pound the extra shots and beers just before kickoff, and people in general will be less hammered. Itā€™s hard to prove this theory, but one way to determine if selling beer at the games makes the crowd more or less drunk is to look at how many people are ejected and arrested during the games. So far, based on the above tweet, assuming the stats are accurate, selling beer has led to less arrests and less ejections. I hope Iā€™m right and youā€™re wrong, not for any reason other than if Iā€™m right, things get better. If youā€™re right, things get worse. Either way I hope the Vols keep winning!

You see, as far as stats, I believe Benjamin Disraeli was right when he said, "There are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics." So, may I presume I can believe what I want and so can you? Then leave it at that?

VN Store

Back