Beer!

You see, as far as stats, I believe Benjamin Disraeli was right when he said, "There are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics." So, may I presume I can believe what I want and so can you? Then leave it at that?
That is a good quote, and it does make an important point. Statistics can be manipulated to sway opinion. But why quote an old British politician instead of actually considering if there was a way to verify the validity of the statistic? It takes some research and critical thinking, but I know someone who quotes Benjamin Disraeli in a Vol football forum would consider himself capable of such an intellectual undertaking. Or do you have objection with the idea that the statistical accounting for ejections and arrests at the games correlates with alcohol consumption?

Reactions: I40flyer
You see, as far as stats, I believe Benjamin Disraeli was right when he said, "There are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics." So, may I presume I can believe what I want and so can you? Then leave it at that?
I do have to admit that if anyone would make up stats to protect the new money stream it would be the director of communications or whatever that dude was who tweeted the stats. I think it should be the media that does the work and tells us, but you can’t trust them either. Out of curiosity, would you trust law enforcement to report accurate statistics?

That is a good quote, and it does make an important point. Statistics can be manipulated to sway opinion. But why quote an old British politician instead of actually considering if there was a way to verify the validity of the statistic? It takes some research and critical thinking, but I know someone who quotes Benjamin Disraeli in a Vol football forum would consider himself capable of such an intellectual undertaking. Or do you have objection with the idea that the statistical accounting for ejections and arrests at the games correlates with alcohol consumption?

Some things aren't worth haggling over. Especially neither side is inclined to care enough to change their perspective. So on that note, let's venture elsewhere. Do you prefer horseradish or ketchup on your sweet potato fries?

You may eat your own sarcasm sandwich, it won't change what I said. If you read my post you'd know I just pretty much said history repeats itself. Humans are self-destructively stupid.
The problem with, self- righteous (self proclaimed, individuals with higher virtue than most others) is they fail to attack others points, in this case, my statement has been caricaturized as being a " sarcasm sandwich", rather than addressing the statement itself. It is easy to hide behind the- holier than thou- façade when confronted with facts that do not fit their narrative. None the less it is comforting to know, we have a moral compass on our board, one that is truer than our own, and More than Willing to show us the way. I recall a guy name jimmie swaggart a few years ago.....

Last edited:
The problem, self- righteous (self proclaimed, individuals with higher virtue than most others) is they fail to attack others points, in this case, my statement has been caricaturized as being a " sarcasm sandwich", rather than addressing the statement itself. It is easy to hide behind the- holier than thou- façade when confronted with facts that do not fit their narrative. None the less it is comforting to know, we have a moral compass on our board, one that is truer than our own, and More the Willing to show us the way. I recall a guy name jimmie swaggart a few years ago.....

It appears you just can't let this go. So to end my part in this exchange I leave with this. I already said the issue isn't worth haggling over because neither of us will change our perspective. To clarify further, I will believe I want to believe and don't really give damn if you agree or not.

It appears you just can't let this go. So to end my part in this exchange I leave with this. I already said the issue isn't worth haggling over because neither of us will change our perspective. To clarify further, I will believe I want to believe and don't really give damn if you agree or not.
It is obvious you can't let this go, so to end my part in this exchange, I will once again point out, there are those self righteous types that refuse to argue the facts of a statement they don't like, but always run to the safety of their "virtue". Everyone wants to serve the Lord, some feel they should be on His advisory board. I don't give a DARN, if you agree or not, anyone reading the string can see the Facts for themselves.:eek:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back