Booker

I know we shouldn’t speculate, but we just got a commitment from a slugging JUCO 1B. You usually sign a JUCO hoping they’ll play right away. I really hope Burke isn’t transferring, but given that he’s mired in a long slump, he’s a long way from home, and the commitment of Villeneuve, I’m afraid that’s who you’re referencing.

I'm referencing a pitcher. However, you make a good case why Burke may leave. Also, what if Elander leaves (I think the chance is pretty good)....who follows Elander as opposed to stay with Tony?

I'm referencing a pitcher. However, you make a good case why Burke may leave. Also, what if Elander leaves (I think the chance is pretty good)....who follows Elander as opposed to stay with Tony?

There will be multiple pitchers enter the portal. Some will be a surprise. Some will not.

I will say it because everyone is talking about it. Many think Chase Burns will go in the portal, but his mama may have something strong to say about that. There are two other pitchers that have been insinuated that they will go in the portal and I was asked at least six times because it is out there this weekend that Kirby is going in the portal, but he is not unless someone knows something I don’t. I am guessing if I starter or main contributor leaves it is only because of NIL money.

I will say it because everyone is talking about it. Many think Chase Burns will go in the portal, but his mama may have something strong to say about that. There are two other pitchers that have been insinuated that they will go in the portal and I was asked at least six times because it is out there this weekend that Kirby is going in the portal, but he is not unless someone knows something I don’t. I am guessing if I starter or main contributor leaves it is only because of NIL money.
I’d understand chase if he wants to start. Burke was my theory because whether we like it or not, some players look for a change of scenery when they’re in a rut.

Besides those two, I haven’t heard anything. Maybe a non-contributing pitcher or two will dip out. Ahuna maybe with the way fans have gotten after him for his slumps, could say the same about Moore but he and his family seems all in on UT

I’d understand chase if he wants to start. Burke was my theory because whether we like it or not, some players look for a change of scenery when they’re in a rut.

Besides those two, I haven’t heard anything. Maybe a non-contributing pitcher or two will dip out. Ahuna maybe with the way fans have gotten after him for his slumps, could say the same about Moore but he and his family seems all in on UT

Ahuna will be playing pro ball.

Ahuna is gone via MLB draft.

Frank is worth more than any NIL deal for 1 year........he will be back IMO. He may have been disgruntled a while back but his emotions this weekend were all Vol. If he does go, AJ Russell will be more than happy to claim his spot as well as 1 or 2 others on the roster and/or transfer portal. He's good, but not irreplaceable. By all means I'd rather see him back however if he does go, good luck and don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out........

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Frank is worth more than any NIL deal for 1 year........he will be back IMO. He may have been disgruntled a while back but his emotions this weekend were all Vol. If he does go, AJ Russell will be more than happy to claim his spot as well as 1 or 2 others on the roster and/or transfer portal. He's good, but not irreplaceable. By all means I'd rather see him back however if he does go, good luck and don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out........

I never wanna see any of ‘em go. That said, the Portal is good for the players, just like NIL. If I were a coach would I wanna live and work in that world? I dunno, I ain’t a baseball coach. But let’s be clear here. Is the grass gonna be greener?

Young men gotta young men. I hope every single one gets where they wanna go. If it’s here, great, if it ain’t, great. I don’t know all the kids y’all might be talking about, but there’s 16 teams left, everything is still there for the taking, just gotta go take it. And people talking about leaving, hmmm, interesting, but do what ya gotta do.

I personally love Cal’s defense and strong arm. He’s done a terrific job throwing out runners and picking them off 1st with his back throws. His offense will continue to improve IMO. Plus he has some sneaky Power.

Agree. I think you’ll see a different hitter next year. I see a lot of unrefined potential at the plate, which is strange to say about a guy hitting below .200. But if he can get over .250 next year and up the HRs to double digits (he’s capable), that would be great to go with his defense.

I can't help but think Cam Fisher fits perfectly in a Tennessee uniform. We need outfield help next year and he went to high school 20 minutes down the road.
I would love for him to play at UT; he's a great guy. Cam thought he was going to get drafted last year. Scouts were there for him in Forest City. Middle round guy a scout told me. Then he didn't get drafted; I'm guessing that's helped fuel him this season.

He's listed as a sophomore on their roster, but he's played for us for two summers, Charlotte I guess for three seasons, and he started at Ole Miss. Cam sounds like he has almost never ending eligibility like Luc and Redmond.

I would love for him to play at UT; he's a great guy. Cam thought he was going to get drafted last year. Scouts were there for him in Forest City. Middle round guy a scout told me. Then he didn't get drafted; I'm guessing that's helped fuel him this season.

He's listed as a sophomore on their roster, but he's played for us for two summers, Charlotte I guess for three seasons, and he started at Ole Miss. Cam sounds like he has almost never ending eligibility like Luc and Redmond.
I want to say he was also at Walters St in between Ole Miss and Charlotte but I could be wrong.

You're correct. He's the 28 year old sophomore ;)
Met his Dad in Clemson and chatted an hour or so along with some Scouts and an agent after Sat’s game. They were all staying at same hotel as me. Great gentleman and heard Cam on a few interviews—sounds like a very grounded, well spoken young man.

I have heard no rumors of Burke leaving. His GF is in Knoxville. I have heard multiple rumors but this is first of Burke. I'm guessing that some of you are just starting stuff and no evidence.

We did just sign a JUCO 1B player. Well see after the season on all those who leave.

VN Store

Back