Butch has faith - Do You?

God's purpose for Jones may not include success at UT. If he has not already accepted that possibility then he isn't a godly man. Sometimes... the answer is "no".

You might want to consider God's purpose for you and let Coach Jones worry about himself.

I'm fairly certain your defeated attitude is not scriptural in nature.

Reactions: 2 people
I am disappointed. Thought this thread would have butch dressed in jean jacket, aviators, and shaking his tush singing, "Faith", ala George Michael.

Reactions: 1 person
What is this thread asking?

Do I have faith in Butch to get the team turned around? Sure.

Do I believe in a God/follow a religion? Nope, but if Butch(and anyone else) does and it makes them happy, more power to them.

Reactions: 8 people
No disrespect to anyone on here Jones is a good guy I get that and I stand behind him, but I hardly think that praying before the games then dropping F bombs on the sideline are looked on highly according to GOD.

Ironic every team prays before the game to win. I guess god flips a coin to decide who wins this time? We havent been too lucky with those coin tosses!

Most of the pregame prayers I've heard have been for focus, a clean game, and no injuries (for everyone involved).

Reactions: 3 people
Hail Mary, full of grace, help me win this stock car race. I am a Christian, but I've never prayed for a football victory. I know that UT football means so much to us and really impacts our lives, but I don't find it very fair to ask God for one group of men to cross a line with a ball in their hands more times than another group of men.

Most of the pregame prayers I've heard have been for focus, a clean game, and no injuries (for everyone involved).

I thought the same and gave you a like.
But I took his post to mean, God doesn't pick one Christian coach over another.
The poor guy over at Vandy would have been accused of satanism by now.

Ironic every team prays before the game to win. I guess god flips a coin to decide who wins this time? We havent been too lucky with those coin tosses!

The teams I played/coached on never prayed for a win. We prayed for the safety of the players,coaches,fans and even the refs...

Anyone who chooses to interject God or religion into sporting fandom needs to seriously evaluate their lives. OP comes off as a nut-job, seriously.

I thought the same and gave you a like.
But I took his post to mean, God doesn't pick one Christian coach over another.
The poor guy over at Vandy would have been accused of satanism by now.

I understand. Not to get theological here, and speaking for myself, I've grown more as a Christian in my struggles and defeats than my victories. YMMV.

Anyone who chooses to interject God or religion into sporting fandom needs to seriously evaluate their lives. OP comes off as a nut-job, seriously.

I take offense to your words. What is it about having faith in my coach and my Lord that makes me a "nut job"?

Reactions: 2 people
I have hope... but I do not have anything yet to merit "faith". I want to have faith... but I need to see some real signs of improvement and not just hear promises.

Do you need for a sign to slap you in the face to unscramble your brain? Here's a couple: Top 5 or 10 recruiting class in 2014. Another one coming in 2015. Played 23 freshmen so far this year and they have another 3 years to develop into good to great players.

If Butch Jones starts Worley over Dobbs, it will be because he does not want to face the questions if Dobbs wins. Sad........

Unless he has a vision from GOD, that tell him to start Worley over Dobbs.:) I think he will have a vision to start Dobbs.:)

You always freely CHOOSE to NOT see the improvemets and I pity you for your negative life especially on Vols football.
You freely choose to either ignore things that do not suit you or else lie about having seen them.

I have said that off-season development was very, very good everywhere except for OL. If not for the OL, I'd call it elite. Recruiting has been very good. Program discipline has been exceptional both on and off the field. Public relations could not have been handled much better. Grades are good.

The one thing left is proving that he can put it altogether and make it count in the only way it actually counts... by winning football games... and meaningful ones. I have also questioned some of the personnel choices... and the performance against Bama indicates my questions had some merit. The OL performed much better with Kendrick at LT and Kerbyson back at OG... did it not?

Now you no longer have ignorance as your excuse... if you accuse me of not seeing the good again then you'll most definitely be lying.

Our talent HAS improved with only 1 year of all buTches recruits.

Our QB's HAVE improved from last year.

Our D HAS seriously improved from last year.

Our recruiting class for next year HAS improved which WILL mean our team WILL improve more next season.

Our 23 true freshmen that are already playing lots HAVE improved from being high school players last year.

You never see improvements because you choose not to look for any my friend but it's right in front of your face.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!
Everything you state here except for possibly the comment about the freshmen I have acknowledged and posted about. Now. The fact that you are wrong and have falsely accused me is right in front of YOUR face.

The only reason I haven't commented on the improvement of the Fr btw is that it just hasn't come up.

I don't buy into the delusion that there's a deity out there somewhere who supports my team but not your team. Volunteer football is the only religion I need. The UT sports programs shouldn't be in the business of preferring one religion over all the others, but I wouldn't mind seeing us go all jihad on the rest of the SEC.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back