Butch Jones: ‘We’re on the verge of assembling a top-notch recruiting class’

Wylo, I know you could care less what the sunshine pumping Lyle Jones worshippers say, but I just wanted you to know that you are far from the most despicable poster here.

Reactions: 1 person
Hyams said expect something like 4 or 5 to decommit..That was like a week ago. We've lost 3 since he said that i think.. Need another tackle and a linebacker or two. It can be a decent class. He's got a lot of work to do to get this one inside the top 10 to stay.

There are 110 other teams in this division who would love to have TN's current class. We have been so blessed and we do not appreciate what we have historically. Some anyway.

Go Vols!
On the other hand, if we cant catch the top remaining 17 teams, we will remain mediocre. I dont care who is at the helm, I want to see my team in consideration for it all.

Even negative Nancy John Adams said "never count Jones out on the recruiting trail" Several "journalists" like Adams and a few others are expecting a strong close.

Thanks for wasting 15 seconds of my life.

from all I've read and seen on film many of the 3 star class are diamonds in the rough also offered by other top D 1 schools...apparently Butch and staff got on them early...we'll know more in a year or two how they pan out...just the facts ma'am...:)

GO VOLS...BEAT HUSKERS!

Disagree. If he chooses us after meeting with Urban Meyer and Nick Saban yesterday and we beat them out I would say that's recruiting at a high level.

being able to sign top talent in your home state at TN should be a given, dooley signed maggitt and aj johnson, was HE recruiting at a high level as well?:hmm:

When I heard that quote, my thought was, what the hell have you been doing? I'm sorry, but depth is developed, not simply recruited. Players out of high school are, for the most part, lumps of clay. Some more ready than others. A great coach shapes them into something productive.

First, you can't have an entire class worth of attrition in a 3/year period. You cannot lose 25 players off a roster and develop depth. You can't continue to have 4/star busts like Blaire, Martin, Bates, Bryant, and on and on.

Take even Barnett. His totals remained virtually unchanged for 3/years. Now getting criticized for being one dimensional. I saw the guy getting triple teams and yet the rest of the d line seemed unhelped by his success.

I digress

How could you expect better stats from Barnett? He's more than likely going to break the sack record in the bowl. I don't see how you can get better than being one of the best players in the nation in the first place.

It also seemed to me that Vereen took full advantage of the focus being on the opposite side of the line from him this season. One of Vereens sacks came as a direct result of Barnett being triple teamed in the Kentucky game.

Reactions: 5 people
I hope CBJ finishes recruiting strong; he usually does. Will it be top 10?

Some of you guys need to shake the sand outta your panties. This isn't real life problems.

Also, that joke wrote itself. Butch uses all of his coach speak, so you're crazy if you think it's not getting used against him.

His words beg to be used against him. If you're this sensitive about a not so great in reality recruiting class, you're gonna have a long off-season and season with me.

Good luck.

Reactions: 4 people
Sounds like the young man, Trey Smith is, is a UT fan. However, if given the opportunity to be coached by Saban, Myer or Jones, I just don't see Jones and staff winning this recruiting battle.

some of you guys need to shake the sand outta your panties. This isn't real life problems.

Also, that joke wrote itself. Butch uses all of his coach speak, so you're crazy if you think it's not getting used against him.

His words beg to be used against him. If you're this sensitive about a not so great in reality recruiting class, you're gonna have a long off-season and season with me.

Good luck.

'stfu...

:)

Reactions: 5 people
Some of you guys need to shake the sand outta your panties. This isn't real life problems.

Good luck.

Sometimes jokes just don't land well.

Happens to me all the time.

VN Store

Back