Butch Jones Press Conference (8/3 11:30 am) - FreakNotes

Butch called out 5 players in the hunt for MLB and said it is going to be a great competition to figure out who that will be along with the backup.

I liked the sound of this because I know we have some very talented players competing for that position. It will help make them all that much better IMO.

Last edited:
Seems odd that Lewis just recently had his knee scoped. Why not get it done sooner so he doesn't miss camp?

Perhaps he tweaked it during summer workouts and only recently experienced symptoms to make the staff believe he needed the procedure?

One aspect of the game I have not heard much discussion about is the kicking game. I am hearing a lot about the OL, RB's, QB, etc, but not much about the kicking game.
Your thoughts about alll aspects of it.....

One aspect of the game I have not heard much discussion about is the kicking game. I am hearing a lot about the OL, RB's, QB, etc, but not much about the kicking game.
Your thoughts about alll aspects of it.....

It should be as good or better than last year. Medley is great from close range and should improve on the longer shots he's capable of making. We will have a proven senior transfer punter competing against a highly touted freshman for starting duties. Plenty of options at the return game as well.

Reactions: 1 person
The complaint about 64% being new to the program is partially his fault. A lot of guys left here unhappy. I'm not complaining...i think butch is absolutely doing what needs to be done. Just saying that some of the attrition is due to his coaching style

Last edited:
I think kmac will dominate the country this year and make us forget the great freshman campaign Barnett had.

Reactions: 3 people
I think kmac will dominate the country this year and make us forget the great freshman campaign Barnett had.

Hope you are right. I've been wanting to forget how great Barnett was last year and get my focus back on the negative.

Hope you are right. I've been wanting to forget how great Barnett was last year and get my focus back on the negative.

With you DL...which Vol fan in his right mind would want to wax nostalgic about one of the greatest freshman seasons in school history...waste of time and complete crap. Let's forget that and move on ASAP.

Reactions: 2 people
Dormady's going to be special and Butch knows it.

I hope so. I'm not sold yet because I thought Peterman was a stud when he had a long ball in the spring game. I guess Dormady at least connected on some other good throws. Got a cannon.

Good conference. I like Butch more and more each year.

I hope so. I'm not sold yet because I thought Peterman was a stud when he had a long ball in the spring game. I guess Dormady at least connected on some other good throws. Got a cannon.

Good conference. I like Butch more and more each year.

Dormady has better timing, better feet, better arm.
He is taller, he has better mechanics and seems much more decisive than Mr. peterman.

Dormady was a better QB as a high school Sophomore than Peterman ever was on the hill.

He'll be just fine.

Reactions: 3 people
It should be as good or better than last year. Medley is great from close range and should improve on the longer shots he's capable of making. We will have a proven senior transfer punter competing against a highly touted freshman for starting duties. Plenty of options at the return game as well.

Isn't CBJ's son on the team as a kicker?

Isn't CBJ's son on the team as a kicker?

He is! And apparently, he's the shortest (5'5") and lightest (135 lb) guy in the entire SEC ... according to another thread.

How about that? Gutsy kid, walking out on the field with a bunch of fellows who can weigh more than twice as much as you. Go Alex! Go Vols!

i just like the consistency of his message. the guy doesn't deviate, and it just goes to put more to his whole "culture". i don't get the notion that he's fake in his sentiments or statements. he says the same thins over and over again, so one has to believe that this is how he is with the team. just drilling it in to them day after day about process, worry about what you can control, and then defining those things for them...creating clarity, purpose, communication, over communication......setting expectations. good signs of leadership.

VN Store

Back