Canales coming for second interview

Name all the non-coordinator position coaches you can think of.

(Long Google pause)
Seriously, I don't remember who to give credit to but in a previous thread, someone made a statement something to the effect of "and please!!!, hire a quarterback coach"...
Someone responded "why?, some of you guys will just want them fired before they even complete the first day on the job"

So accurate, yet that's like predicting the ball will roll down hill instead of up. Doesn't take long to learn the patterns here.

Reactions: 8 people
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 25m25 minutes ago
SOURCE: #Cal’s Jake Spavital will become the new offensive coordinator at #WVU.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 24m24 minutes ago
SOURCE: Joe Wickline will take over as #WVU's new O-line coach. He, Jake Spavital & Dana all worked together at #OkState.

At this point who cares what happens, CBJ and this admin have made their beds, if they succeed great, if not then who cares

If not who cares?... I care if they do not, this is past old, I have been ready to be in the SEC championship game a long time ago and also ready for basketball and baseball to be there too!!!!

SOURCE: Joe Wickline will take over as #WVU's new O-line coach. He, Jake Spavital & Dana all worked together at #OkState.

Damn.

At this point who cares what happens, CBJ and this admin have made their beds, if they succeed great, if not then who cares

Joking aside, this is a very accurate statement.
This hire will have no real impact on our future. Butch will fail or succeed, regardless of QB coach. Agonizing over this is honestly kind of silly.

Reactions: 3 people
It wont effect Butch but it does QD and JG

I still believe if he has any capabilities at all, it's better than no QB coach.
I'm all for hiring the best we can get, I'm just more concerned with the upper management at the moment. That's where our future rests.

Reactions: 1 person
I still believe if he has any capabilities at all, it's better than no QB coach.
I'm all for hiring the best we can get, I'm just more concerned with the upper management at the moment. That's where our future rests.

It seems no one wants to conduct this crazy train..

It seems no one wants to conduct this crazy train..

I'm not totally sure how the hiring process is being conducted period, right now.
I hold Jones accountable for our win loss record. People who truly dispise him, blame everything, including weather, on him.
With no real ad in place and the approved money for our big-time DC? And I'm not getting into the Shoop discussion. But they feel they spend a lot of money and our defense performed badly, no matter the cause.
I can't just blame the coach without knowing more of the situation. Maybe they will not authorize any kind of large money or guaranteed contracts until some of that is settled. It could be Butch, but I just can't make that claim as easily as some do. May be completely out of his control this time.

Reactions: 9 people

My gosh, we are getting badly outdone by WVU when it comes to coaching hires.

Reactions: 1 person
be cool to have an AD actually knowledgeable about football...bean counters not allowed...:)

GO VOLS!

Obviously, you believe I'm not a smart man.

Not what I meant at all. I can't rattle off a bunch of names either. Point is, there aren't a bunch of rock star position coaches like some seem to think. There's also this weird notion that there are only about 20 people in the world that can call plays successfully and surely nobody unfamiliar could pull it off. It's not easy, but it's not brain surgery either.

Reactions: 6 people
Not what I meant at all. I can't rattle off a bunch of names either. Point is, there aren't a bunch of rock star position coaches like some seem to think.

Often, people give credit to a coach when it could just as easily be talent makes the difference. It's possible that every coach that goes through Alabama's door is just amazing, but it's more likely that it's Alabama.
Winning a national championship with Cam Newton does not make Gene chizik a genius.
Nor am I convinced that Lamar Jackson or Deshaun Watson have the greatest QB coaches ever. But it sure makes the resume look great.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back