CBS says UGA loss should end it

I'm confused and don't know what I want anymore. Butch has been a disappointment in regards to not getting all of those players in the last 3 - 4 top recruiting classes to produce. He also has that one loss every year that shouldn't happen. On the other hand, our overall record is way better than the Dooley days. I also don't think we're willing to pull a Bama and pay whatever it cost to get a big time coach. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

I'm confused and don't know what I want anymore. Butch has been a disappointment in regards to not getting all of those players in the last 3 - 4 top recruiting classes to produce. He also has that one loss every year that shouldn't happen. On the other hand, our overall record is way better than the Dooley days. I also don't think we're willing to pull a Bama and pay whatever it cost to get a big time coach. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Butch hasn't had one loss every year that shouldn't happen. He's really only lost 2 games his entire time here that he "wasn't supposed to:" the South Carolina and Vandy games last year. He's had games that have gotten away from him, sure, but they were games that were either toss-ups or we were the underdog. I understand that coaches are only "allowed" so many of those before patience wears thin, but you can't hold the Oklahoma loss in 2015, for example, against him to the same extent that you hold the South Carolina and Vandy losses last year against him.

You're absolutely right about not getting the most out of his recruiting classes. In 2015 and especially in 2016 and this year, his teams are less than the sum of their parts. That is the biggest indictment against him because it highlights his lack of coaching ability, and he doesn't get the most out of his players because of a variety of factors. His talent evaluation and player development is mediocre at best. His play calling and clock management are highly questionable, especially in key situations when it matters most.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back