CBS says UGA loss should end it

A loss to UGA would probably not technically put us out of the running for the East...still a lot of FB left to play...

But a loss to USCe in Knoxville would bring the VOLS to the unthinkable reality of actually finishing SEC competition 3-5 at best...and 0-8 at worst. (This team could actually lose to Mizzou on the road!!)

There is no doubt that Chip Kelly could take the speed and talent on this team and make us competitive again almost immediately.

But is he the only option?

Do you really think that this team has any REALISTIC shot at finishing 8-4?

We looking at 6-6...or even 5-7.....

And you're being UNREALISTIC. We could win the reat of the games. We could lose the rest of the games.

Or we could park somewhere around 8-4 like we were picked to do.

Which will not get Butch fired.

You are an idiot if you think that losing to the #7 team in the country makes you a candidate for firing.

If morons like you ran the program we would never have a coach.

I don't agree with his post, but I do understand what he's thinking and its not really wrong.

What I mean is, its not as much as losing to the #7 team in the country. Its more of, its Georgia, with a second year coach beating our 5th year coach. AND, as of today, they look way better. I mean, can you not at least understand that ain't good?

I know, we haven't played the game yet, but just looking at both teams after the past 4 games.....?

Some jerk writes a hit piece like this for attention. Jones is here all season.

Can we stop this stupidity every 5 minutes?

If you think jones is here all season, but not next season, doesn't it make sense to rid our selves of jones sooner rather than later? Why would you want to keep a coach you're going to get rid of? Once the decision is made to let him go, Let him go, buy him out, wave goodbye.......:thumbsup:

Butch will only be fired after a blow-out loss to Georgia. Even with a loss to UGA, UT could still win 9 games. 'Bama will be a loss, but LSU looks rough and we get them at home.

If we lose to Georgia, I think the axe should fall the Sunday or Monday after the Third Saturday beatdown. I’m all on board for sooner, though.

CBS hates us... I just hope a player decides to light the match under the teams "aspirin". That's not totally all on Jones.

Last edited:
Tennessee looked awful for five of the last six years and UGA has never beaten us by more than eight points during that time frame. I wouldn't write UGA off on their first true road game. Expect a loud, hostile crowd to effect a true freshman quarterback. ND was a home game for Georgia with all the fans they brought.
GA is gonna round house us

Reactions: 1 person
So who the hell are we going to hire if Butch gets canned? Who?!!

Are you kidding? How many posters on this board do you actually think are in touch on a weekly or daily basis with every coach in the USA?
There is little doubt that there are many good coaches in the US, many (even the majority) are not well known, but can they coach? Hell Yes. Can they develop the team, coach the players to a higher level, and deliver winning seasons? Hell yes, but if you are not a professional, representing UT, very short odds you can actually answer the question. It is just another feeble attempt to show love for your man crush-jones.

If our AD has the balls to can Butch mid-season, he will have the balls to resist any push to hire the interim guy. Butch's entire staff has left a bad taste in the mouth of Knoxville at this point. We need a clean slate. Keep Gillespie. He's good people.

LSU gave up and made the easy hire. They did what Tennessee did back in 2010 after Kiffin left. Hired the easiest moron they could.

If you think for a second Currie doesn't understand the significance of this hire, you don't see how he's obviously re-branding Tennessee athletics right in front of everyone. He is settling into his destination job and is bringing in his own coaches.

They didn't give up. All the coaches they wanted used them for raises. They got the only guy that would say yes.

Last edited:
No logical Vols fan wants Butch to lose to a rival. If Butch pulls the upset this weekend, the narrative flips to "Butch finally comes around" instead of "Fire Butch."
Everyone wants to see a big orange victory Saturday. We all root for Butch because we see potential . . . but it hasn't developed.

It is pretty sad how many seem to want us to lose just to hopefully rid of Butch.

Tennessee looked awful for five of the last six years and UGA has never beaten us by more than eight points during that time frame. I wouldn't write UGA off on their first true road game. Expect a loud, hostile crowd to effect a true freshman quarterback. ND was a home game for Georgia with all the fans they brought.

I too expect a hostile crowd-jones is going to get boooood loud and often, and as GA starts to run-away with the game (in the first half) the boos will get louder, and jones's face will get redder and redder.......:hi:

Okay, most of us agree something needs to change, whether it's Butch, a real offensive coordinator, new strength and conditioning coach, etc . . . but if we fire Butch, who wants to coach at Tennessee? Please tell me. Last time around, no one wanted to lead the Vols. Butch Jones was "more-than-likely" the 7th-10th guy on the list to replace Dooley. He was far from the ideal hire. You can't fire someone unless you have a better replacement. You would think people in this group would understand that after the Kiffin and Dooley disaster that cost our program 10 years of competitiveness.

I feel like Butch's job security will not be determined so much if we lose, but rather how we lose.

If we get steamrolled 30-0 or 45-10, Butch's seat is on fire.

If we lose 28-27 or 37-31 (i.e. less than a touchdown), I think Butch's seat is only hot.

Of course, if we win, we'll mostly forget about that pitiful UMASS game.

No logical Vols fan wants Butch to lose to a rival. If Butch pulls the upset this weekend, the narrative flips to "Butch finally comes around" instead of "Fire Butch."
Everyone wants to see a big orange victory Saturday. We all root for Butch because we see potential . . . but it hasn't developed.

Some have actually posted they hope "they blow our doors off".

Many seem they feel the same just haven't actually said it.

It is pretty sad how many seem to want us to lose just to hopefully rid of Butch.

I never want us to lose, but if the Umass game is not a HUGE anomaly, we may not win another game this season. Every team we have left on the schedule, including a bad LSU and Mizzou team, are better than Umass.

Reactions: 2 people
I never want us to lose, but if the Umass game is not a HUGE anomaly, we may not win another game this season. Every team we have left on the schedule, including a bad LSU and Mizzou team, are better than Umass.

Like I've said several times, this is a big issue with me, as I'm sure it is with most. Not knowing wtf to expect.

Last year Florida, Georgia and VTech were arguably better than Vandy and SC.

This year, GTech and even ISU were better than UMass. I will not be surprised one bit if we beat Georgia and beat them by 10. Unfortunately, it won't surprise one bit if we get smoked by 20.

Obviously you never know what's going to happen, but this extreme from one to the other is fugged up. Especially, especially.... In year 5.

Not hating or freaking out, just presenting my concerns.

Just to add to that.

I WILL be surprised if we come out and play a good, sound complete football game. Win or lose.

And that's even more fugged up.

Butch may get fired, but no matter how much they repeat it that would never happen before seasons end.

I don't think so either.

Ain't gonna lie. After the Florida game, Emotional Behr wanted to leave that rascal out in the swamp
Put him on his knees and tie him to a stump and Let the rattlers and the bugs and the alligators do the rest.

Haha, but logical Behr is in control. :)

This is what is ruining this team. Not the coaching but the stupidity of some of the fan base.

Don't know why anyone would want to coach in college.

yeah those poor college coaches making 4+ million a year to win football games, the torture......

Blah, Blah, Blah; We're stuck with this albatross until forever. It's a curse for firing Fulmer.

VN Store

Back