CBS says UGA loss should end it

Idiots on this website don't understand that the instability caused by firing Butch Jones could kill the program for another 4 years of "rebuilding" "we have young players" bull****.

Just a suggestion but you might have a better experience here if you ease up on the blatant insults of your VolNation brethren. Have a nice day....

You are an idiot if you think that losing to the #7 team in the country makes you a candidate for firing.

If morons like you ran the program we would never have a coach.

Oh, my sweet summer child.

Butch is going to be gone soon. It's just a matter of when. Maybe he can con some other athletic director into hiring him, but this likely ends in termination. Hopefully this year.

If they can him on the bi-week, they could at least salvage the season I think. The team is talented enough to go 8-4, even with the start so far. Dropping the Alabama and LSU game would put us there and could salvage a decent bowl game.

We wouldn't even need some lights out coach to go 8-4. Hell, if we just had a great highschool coach who could call time outs properly and run on the 1 yard line, that would go a longggggg way.

So you want him to get fired after the toughest part of the season... so an interim can come in and finish 8-4 or 9-3....

And get the job.

Coach O at LSU says hi.

So you want him to get fired after the toughest part of the season... so an interim can come in and finish 8-4 or 9-3....

And get the job.

Coach O at LSU says hi.

If our AD has the balls to can Butch mid-season, he will have the balls to resist any push to hire the interim guy. Butch's entire staff has left a bad taste in the mouth of Knoxville at this point. We need a clean slate. Keep Gillespie. He's good people.

LSU gave up and made the easy hire. They did what Tennessee did back in 2010 after Kiffin left. Hired the easiest moron they could.

If you think for a second Currie doesn't understand the significance of this hire, you don't see how he's obviously re-branding Tennessee athletics right in front of everyone. He is settling into his destination job and is bringing in his own coaches.

If we lose to Georgia, I think the axe should fall the Sunday or Monday after the Third Saturday beatdown. I’m all on board for sooner, though.

THIS. Uga will win, but Bama will boat race the vols down there. Could see a 50 point loss there. He will be fired on the plane.

The only thing sending Butch Jones packing is if he posts a 5-7 season and we subsequently don't go bowling, period.

We are 3-1 and we MAY win 3 more if we can beat Vanderbilt this year.

Last edited:
Oregon got 2 scholarships taken away for 2 years.

Because a scouting service (which most all teams use....just not that one any more), gave one recruit room and board and spending money (less than $200) on an evaluation visit to the service.

Should Chip and Oregon have been more careful of the people/services they used......sure.

10-3
12-1
12-2
12-1

O averaged 45+
D gave up 20-22
2 Pac titles
1 North titles.....and one more Pac title
A championship game
developed talent to a high level
2010 & 2012 coach of the year

With what we have seen from the East over the past several years, to me it looks like Chips Offense could most likely be dominate.

I'm not exactly sold on Kelly but he is decent choice
I find it very interesting how everyone completely dismisses the actual events that led to him being a "avoid at all cost" option.
Solid points here

If our AD has the balls to can Butch mid-season, he will have the balls to resist any push to hire the interim guy. Butch's entire staff has left a bad taste in the mouth of Knoxville at this point. We need a clean slate. Keep Gillespie. He's good people.

LSU gave up and made the easy hire. They did what Tennessee did back in 2010 after Kiffin left. Hired the easiest moron they could.

If you think for a second Currie doesn't understand the significance of this hire, you don't see how he's obviously re-branding Tennessee athletics right in front of everyone. He is settling into his destination job and is bringing in his own coaches.

Bill Snyder?

Just as soon as Butch has his $220,000 Mercedes packed and is headed back to the Sunbelt conference, all the nonsense will cease and real football will start being played again.

Pipe dream. We don't spend money on proven coaches.

I'm not exactly sold on Kelly but he is decent choice
I find it very interesting how everyone completely dismisses the actual events that led to him being a "avoid at all cost" option.
Solid points here

This is why I would dismiss the old "show cause"

From CSN Philly News: "As the NCAA made clear, Kelly committed none of the violations himself. His résumé may be smudged, but his hands are clean. Any athletic director who reads the infractions case will be able to go to his president and trustees and make a case for Kelly"

"Chip Kelly met the NCAA announcement that it had banned him from college football for 18 months with characteristic straightforwardness. He didn't make excuses. He didn't blame someone else, even as the NCAA made clear that Kelly had been unaware"

Also I have researched and found out what happened.

That entire deal was: A recruiting service (which most teams use.....just not that one anymore) provided one recruit with room and board and spending cash (less than $200) while he was on an evaluation visit to that service. The "player" became an Oregon recruit.

Basically one guy from a recruiting service was doing wrong, and people at Oregon was using that guy. Chip and Oregon should have been more careful with the recruiting services and people they used.

Some jerk writes a hit piece like this for attention. Jones is here all season.

Can we stop this stupidity every 5 minutes?

Apparently not.

Too many wannabe ADs and Head Ciaches on here with nothing better to do than yeah the coach.

If Butch is fired mid season this team will lay down. And for those talking about what they deserve from UT athletics, well the team will be giving them just that.

Apparently not.

Too many wannabe ADs and Head Ciaches on here with nothing better to do than yeah the coach.

If Butch is fired mid season this team will lay down. And for those talking about what they deserve from UT athletics, well the team will be giving them just that.

Um, the team is laying down now. Jones is losing the locker room. Sooner than usual.

Apparently not.

Sounds like you think you know what your talking about. Are you some kind of armchair future forecaster?

VN Store

Back