S. Alabama: 37 r.att 278yds 7.5ypr
Georgia: 41 r.att 189yds 4.6ypr
SC: 41 r.att 146yds 3.6ypr
Bama: 28 r.att 127yds 4.5ypr
Mizz: 24 r.att 94yds 3.9ypr
Auburn: 43 r.att 226yds 5.3ypr
Vandy: 45 r.att 184yds 4.1ypr
UK: 43 r.att 218yds 5.1ypr

UT has always played weak opponents and they had their ypc ranking in a rebuilding year against the #1 or whatever schedule.

Reactions: 2 people
Gifted QBs can raise their game in spite of a poor OL. Your OL is green and not as talented as last year's bunch. You hope you have that QB. Frankly, so do we all.

Crowder>Stone
Jackson=Fulton
Kerbyson>Bullard
TBD<Richardson
Thomas<James... but not quite to the degree you might think.

Crowder, Jackson, and Kerbyson have all had significant in game reps with the 1's.

IIRC, Crowder made some starts late last fall. Jackson was RS'd but likely would have overtaken Bullard otherwise. He's simply a more physically talented player... and he's got a mean streak too from what I understand.

Yeah... because Lord forbid that a UT fan have expectations that their coaches would actually do their jobs and coach a team up, right?

Crowder... is not poor talent. In fact, I would not be surprised to see him drafted in two years. He's not much of a drop off if any from Stone.

Marcus Jackson is very likely to be drafted.

Kerbyson has the size and athleticism to work his way into the draft... he replaces a guy who was not drafted.

Thomas like James before him is likely to be drafted. Freshmen who DO beat out upperclassmen often are. FWIW, James came in very good, started as a Fr, and didn't change that much over his UT career before being drafted.

Randolph, Worley, Lane, Pig, AJ, Maggitt, Saulsberry,... all poor talents, right?

The most pathetic kind of fan is one who is so afraid of disappointment that they insist on setting the bar lower than it should be. They excuse failure in advance because they expect failure.

Win or lose, Jones doesn't seem to have that attitude. Win or lose, he's better than fans like you deserve.

M. Jackson could have started last year but elected to redshirt. My guess is to get bigger and more NFL ready which helps CBJ this year.

Wiesman, Crowder and Kerbyson could have started last year although Zach Fulton would have been best of the interior lineman last year.

I don't have any doubts about the interior of our line this year and I am cautiously optimistic about Coleman Thomas.

I have also read that Blair has been really shaping up with the S&C program since the O&W game. Conditioning and learning offensive scheme will help him to make huge strides in his development, strength and speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
UT has always played weak opponents and they had their ypc ranking in a rebuilding year against the #1 or whatever schedule.

Honestly after the break down I was impressed with the numbers even more than before. Sure the overall numbers aren't broken down into time of game (when winning or losing by a lot) etc. But still impressive considering those OL didn't fit into the scheme.

I'm expecting to see a lot more runs towards the sidelines this year like when Pead came up here with Butch and rip off big runs on us.

It's probably going to be another 5-7 season. 6-6 at best IMO

I am not trying to make anyone made but if it is another 5-7 season then Jones is likely not the right guy. Even if some are right and UT is only more talented than 5 opponents this fall (which they're not but I'm playing along) then winning only 5 would STILL suggest Jones isn't the right guy.

UT's turnaround does not need a guy who only beats the teams he has a talent advantage over. The "right guy" for UT will produce greater than the sum of his talent.

I am not trying to make anyone made but if it is another 5-7 season then Jones is likely not the right guy. Even if some are right and UT is only more talented than 5 opponents this fall (which they're not but I'm playing along) then winning only 5 would STILL suggest Jones isn't the right guy.

UT's turnaround does not need a guy who only beats the teams he has a talent advantage over. The "right guy" for UT will produce greater than the sum of his talent.

A lot can happen during the season. Injuries etc. I would be upset with 5 wins, but I'd still give this staff 2-3 more years after this year. I think we'll be favorites in 6 games prior to the season kicking off. Depending on how we perform that number might go up or down. But 6 is what I see as a minimum, 7 is what I expect, and 8 is what I'm hoping for.

Sounds about right, to hear some people talk UT will be playing in Atlanta first weekend of December.

Really? Who are those people? The most optimistic and serious post I've seen predicted 8 wins. Most of us are talking about 6-8 wins being reasonable if this team is well coached.

A lot can happen during the season. Injuries etc. I would be upset with 5 wins. I think we'll be favorites in 6 games prior to the season kicking off. Depending on how we perform that number might go up or down. But 6 is what I see as a minimum, 7 is what I expect, and 8 is what I'm hoping for.

:good!:

Crowder>Stone
Jackson=Fulton
Kerbyson>Bullard
TBD<Richardson
Thomas<James... but not quite to the degree you might think.

Crowder, Jackson, and Kerbyson have all had significant in game reps with the 1's.

IIRC, Crowder made some starts late last fall. Jackson was RS'd but likely would have overtaken Bullard otherwise. He's simply a more physically talented player... and he's got a mean streak too from what I understand.

You would have to go a long way in convincing many in orangeville of such a thing, much less get to me.

You would have to go a long way in convincing many in orangeville of such a thing, much less get to me.

Convincing you? I'm not sure I care. If by "orangeville" you mean those who watch the program closely... then you're likely wrong. In fact, I doubt you will find many if any in "orangeville" that would disagree with my contention that Jackson is a more physically gifted player than Bullard.

Wishful thinking

Take a hint at what coaches say and tweet

When you hear, "We are a young team"

'We will be one on the youngest teams in the country on both sides of the ball"

They are dropping hints that we shouldn't expect too much

The heck of it is this year he is telling the truth, we just got to hang in there this year and get to 15, really 16 when we will seek and destroy teams.:good!:

The heck of it is this year he is telling the truth, we just got to hang in there this year and get to 15, really 16 when we will seek and destroy teams.:good!:

If this staff can only coach this team this fall to 5 wins... you are being extraordinarily optimistic to believe that a switch will be thrown in '15/'16 resulting in UT seeking and destroying teams.

Beating at least the teams UT has a talent advantage over (6)... leaves that hope more reasonable. Getting 7 or 8 would suggest it likely.

Wasn't kiffins o-line mostly freshman?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No. Kiffin's had 3 pretty decent seniors and the Sullins Bros.

Dooley's first OL depended heavily on Fr. IIRC, his 2nd one was 4 Sophs and a single Sr (who wasn't very talented).

Not really. Sjt's assessment is rather spot on. This line will be servicable if not better. LT is the true question mark. last years o-line couldn't knock vandy back two yards so we could win the damn game. I honestly believe that we'll see a much more motivated group this year.

So you are saying they are pre-staging an excuse? Who is expecting "much"? Is six wins "much"? Seven? I don't think so. Much would be 10+.

Not an excuse but selling reality

We are extremely young and inexperienced on both lines. Doesn't bold well for the long haul. That's without losing someone to injuries. Throw that in and we might not see 5 wins

I will be glad when the season begins, so people will cease making insincere posts about how Tennessee football is being under appreciated.

Wishful thinking

Take a hint at what coaches say and tweet

When you hear, "We are a young team"

'We will be one on the youngest teams in the country on both sides of the ball"

They are dropping hints that we shouldn't expect too much

This. "Young team" means that while these young men are among the most talented to come to this university in a loooong time, they aren't consistently producing the expectations of the coaches. That is youth.

This. "Young team" means that while these young men are among the most talented to come to this university in a loooong time, they aren't consistently producing the expectations of the coaches. That is youth.

Yes

People expecting the moon and only getting a paper plate will be the ones yelling and screaming the most at the end of the season

As much as I hate losing, I am willing to give Jones time as long as improvement continued on the field and he continues to recruit lights out

Last years team should have beaten UGA and candybilt, this team has a year in Butch,s system' more Speed, more talent-take it to the bank we win 8 !!!!!!!

No, he's dead on. The only one I might change is to make Crowder=Stone. I have no doubt that our interior starting OL will be fine. All three have already held their own as backups when they were a year younger. Tackles will be a question mark but have potential. The real issue this year is our complete lack of depth. The starters on the line are going to surprise some people though if they stay healthy.

No. Kiffin's had 3 pretty decent seniors and the Sullins Bros.

Dooley's first OL depended heavily on Fr. IIRC, his 2nd one was 4 Sophs and a single Sr (who wasn't very talented).

I knew it was one of those years but Dooley still took that team to a bowl
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back