Chip. Kelly. Now.

He is younger than Saben. So if Saben wanted to come to Tennessee you would turn him down???

They changed AD's in Miles tenure. And like Richt I think he just stayed too long at LSU.

The pressure to win in that west division his last 4 years was ungodly. New ad they at one point in the west had 4 TEAMS in the top 10!

Saban is a much better coach than Miles. If he couldn’t handle the pressure at LSU, he wouldn’t be anymore successful in Knoxville. He’d be a bad hire and would not elevate TN. We obviously have different opinions and we’ll have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think a lot of you understand where Tennessee actually is. A lot of you just look at it from a fans eyes instead of where the program actually is.

Your not going to attract a top tier coach at this moment at Tennessee. As in anyone's dream top 5 list.

What is this "you and your" crap? Are you not one of US? Seems you have been around a long time (09) to not be one of US. I know some on here place themselves above most of us, but ..... O well you are probably right, never mind. Even though a lot of us likely understand as well as you do.

What is this "you and your" crap? Are you not one of US? Seems you have been around a long time (09) to not be one of US. I know some on here place themselves above most of us, but ..... O well you are probably right, never mind. Even though a lot of us likely understand as well as you do.

No buddy not meaning anything by it. I just try to doge using us or we as much as I can because I have zero influence on what happens at Tennessee in any way.

I'm just a fan.

The us & we is the UT football team, coaches, and administrators

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think a lot of you understand where Tennessee actually is. A lot of you just look at it from a fans eyes instead of where the program actually is.

Your not going to attract a top tier coach at this moment at Tennessee. As in anyone's dream top 5 list.

I think you’re just a pessimist, and refuse to see the positives of Tennessee. Of all the probable coaching changes expected. UT could be the most attractive job. Top$, a top 10 class already lined up, highest budget for recruiting in the country. Our facilities are state of the art, and still new. And lastly, this team has top 10-20 talent. A good coach could win immediately here. No rebuild needed.

Now please tell me why we aren’t the #1 job expected to have an opening? Who’s set up better for the next guy?

Reactions: 4 people
No buddy not meaning anything by it. I just try to doge using us or we as much as I can because I have zero influence on what happens at Tennessee in any way.

I'm just a fan.

The us & we is the UT football team, coaches, and administrators

As am I. Just overreact sometimes when some on here take on a holier than thou position. To me, we are all wading around in our own ignorance.

Florida will not fire McElwain this year. He has the "injuries and suspensions" excuse to get him by for one more year. Hopefully, Chip goes to UCLA if we don't get him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Do not want due to his trouble with the NCAA. Plus, he doesn't want a job in the east; he's west coast guy.

I can promise you Kelly would come to Tennessee if the offer is right. All this west coast crap is overplayed. He wants to coach again soon, he will coach again soon.

Do not want due to his trouble with the NCAA. Plus, he doesn't want a job in the east; he's west coast guy.

Why do people insist on this nonsense. He is from the northeast. He played college football and coached in this area. He currently lives in the northeast. He took a job at Oregon and now he is a west coast guy.

I have no idea how he feels about the south, but he most certainly is not a west coast guy.

Reactions: 5 people
I can promise you Kelly would come to Tennessee if the offer is right. All this west coast crap is overplayed. He wants to coach again soon, he will coach again soon.

confused1.jpg

A typical Chip Kelly practice.

Endless Footballs - YouTube

Chip Kelly has proven himself to be the best coach in the NCAA not named Saban.
No if ands it buts.
What he did at Oregon taking them in very short order from a no name program to a power.
He is without question the best candidate possible.
Whether he’s take the position is the question. He is an EAST COAST guy despite his brief tenure on the west. I think if the deal was good why wouldn’t he take the job.

I hope he gets the position.
Ps- the NCAA thing is overhyped and a done issue.
“ if you ain’t rubbing you ain’t racing”

Chip Kelly has proven himself to be the best coach in the NCAA not named Saban.
No if ands it buts.
What he did at Oregon taking them in very short order from a no name program to a power.
He is without question the best candidate possible.
Whether he’s take the position is the question. He is an EAST COAST guy despite his brief tenure on the west. I think if the deal was good why wouldn’t he take the job.

I hope he gets the position.
Ps- the NCAA thing is overhyped and a done issue.
“ if you ain’t rubbing you ain’t racing”
I would love to have Kelly, but he is not the best coach not named Saban. That goes to CUM at OSU.

It's you know exactly what your getting. No questions on if the guy can win in the SEC

This is the 4th hire post Fulmer Tennessee hasn't been a national power in close to 20 years. Don't get this hire right and Tennessee will fade to the back of the SEC for another 20 years.

Or until you hire the right guy...whichever happens first. :dunno:

Before anyone says “kelly has no defense”
Please remember he was recruiting West Coast recruits to play in a West Coast league against West Coast defenses. He did it well and he was extremely successful.

In the sec he would be recruiting sec recruits to match up against sec offenses.
Being able to recruit players to match the scheme you are trying to use is a key attribute of a good coach and exactly where butch has failed so miserably.
Kelly will win and be successful anywhere he lands. We better hope he lands in Knoxville or we will have to face him at some level elsewhere and I don’t like our chances.
Saban is a great coach because he teaches great fundamentals and his players don’t make mistakes. He also is extremely deep in talent. Kelly I think is a better x and o guy and given a few years of great recruiting in the sec, he will start giving Saban many a sleepless night.

I would love to have Kelly, but he is not the best coach not named Saban. That goes to CUM at OSU.

I disagree, win percentages for kelly look awfully strong especially considering he had no recruits his first two years.
Either way I’d take any of the top three.

Four guys are being pushed right now and Kelly is one of those names. He does come with some obstacles that I'm not sure can be overcame but his name is definitely being kicked around. Jim Haslam has had some discussions in the past with him as well so there's some connections.

Four guys are being pushed right now and Kelly is one of those names. He does come with some obstacles that I'm not sure can be overcame but his name is definitely being kicked around. Jim Haslam has had some discussions in the past with him as well so there's some connections.

If your so sure who’s the other 3?

Gruden, Saban, Gundy?

Don't be morons. Chip Kelly is perfect. Proven winner. Built Oregon and runs the same scheme as butch jones. He's the perfect replacement. We've got a cupboard full of pretty good talent right now.

We are not taking a chance on Chip after the mess he left at Oregon and stuff that happened under his watch. Just like Petrino,Kiffin nor Franklin would ever be options either. Anyone with any kind of skeletons in their closet will NOT be options I promise you that.

Kelly's name is not being pushed around I guarantee you that.

VN Store

Back