Chip. Kelly. Now.

I disagree, win percentages for kelly look awfully strong especially considering he had no recruits his first two years.
Either way I’d take any of the top three.

Well you are wrong. CUM is 171-30 as a head coach, 10-3 in bowls. With 3 national championships.

Again I like Kelly, but let’s keep it real.

Don't be morons. Chip Kelly is perfect. Proven winner. Built Oregon and runs the same scheme as butch jones. He's the perfect replacement. We've got a cupboard full of pretty good talent right now.

Chip Kelly is far from perfect. He is known to rub a lot of people the wrong way. He had a show cause leaving Oregon due to his part in mismanaging the program.

He's a winner at one college program. His previous experience was below the P5 level. He was fired twice in the NFL and has not been hired since. After only 2 years, NFL DC's had solved the riddle of Kelly's O... as have most college DC's now.

He didn't build Oregon. Bellotti did. He took over a program that had been lifted out of the dumpster and had averaged 9 wins per season in the previous 4 years.... which were BEFORE USCw fell.

Running the same system as Jones... even if that were true... is not a good thing. But it isn't true. Just because two teams run out of the shot gun and have the read option in their playbook... doesn't mean they run the same system.

He's a possibility but far from a slam dunk replacement.

We don't know exactly what UT has for talent... because Jones is just that bad of a coach.

Reactions: 1 person
I would love to see Chip Kelly at Tennessee. And would gladly take on the risk associated with him.

Does anyone think he could take another year off and let this FBI stuff calm down?

The NCAA doesn't care to enforce aka loose tv revenue anymore. But this FBI stuff is legit.

I know at Oregon he was neck deep in the Nike shoes & clothes they only made for Oregon football players.

I'd gladly take the risk with him 100%. Just a concern with the FBI stuff out there.

I disagree, win percentages for kelly look awfully strong especially considering he had no recruits his first two years.
Either way I’d take any of the top three.

He was on staff prior to taking over. Most of the recruits were guys he had a hand in signing. The team he took over had avg'd 9 wins per season in the previous 4 years. He took over about the time USCw went in the tank.

not a fan. requires very specific personnel to run that offense the right way. not so sure it'd work consistently the 2nd time around. he has some personality issues, had a show cause penalty leaving Oregon, and flamed out huge in the NFL, not only because his offense got figured out quickly, but also, and maybe more detrimental, ego issues.

i just don't think he's a good 'fit' here. Butch gets criticized for being a mercenary....what do you think this guy is???

Well you are wrong. CUM is 171-30 as a head coach, 10-3 in bowls. With 3 national championships.

Again I like Kelly, but let’s keep it real.

Isn’t Kelly’s win percentage over a brief stent greater than 85% two years of which he had essentially an empty cupboard? I’ll take kelly sorry!
Urban inherited a stocked team at UF. Uneven playing field by comparison.

I am all in on Kelly...........even as an Eagles fan. I think it would be an excellent hire.

Fuuuuuuuu** Chip Kelly. I’m an eagles fan and I don’t want him any where near the vols. The way he gutted the eagles is comparable to what Dooley did to the vols

Fuuuuuuuu** Chip Kelly. I’m an eagles fan and I don’t want him any where near the vols. The way he gutted the eagles is comparable to what Dooley did to the vols

The guy was a terrible GM, but his gameday coaching and in game decisions were spot on. He should have never been given the keys to every door and that's on Lurie.

Reactions: 4 people
We better pray UF doesn't get Kelly... :ermm:

giphy.gif

It’s important to note that Kelly’s future offense will not likely resemble his past offense as much as some of you are suggesting. Here’s why:

1. It’s biggest distinction was a gimmick that no longer catches people by surprise as it once did. (I admit, however, that the hurry-up is still advantageous to a degree.)
2. His current role has afforded him unrivaled access to every offensive scheme in the country. As with other high profile coaches before him, that access will likely improve his offensive strategy for his new team.

Love it if Gruden passes. All word is that he will go to UCLA or Florida.

You all are clueless to UCLA football. The academic requirements are higher than Notre Dame to get in....which is why USC always has WAY better talent than them....he'd hate trying to recruit to UCLA.

Don't be morons. Chip Kelly is perfect. Proven winner. Built Oregon and runs the same scheme as butch jones. He's the perfect replacement. We've got a cupboard full of pretty good talent right now.

Unfortunately none of that talent can play the offensive scheme in question.

You all are clueless to UCLA football. The academic requirements are higher than Notre Dame to get in....which is why USC always has WAY better talent than them....he'd hate trying to recruit to UCLA.

I heard he hated to recruit period. Which is why he would have a hard time in Knoxville. You have to go further than a lot of schools to recruit the talent needed and you are competing against Fla, GA, AL, LSU for a lot of the recruits.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VN Store

Back