Cigar /Pipe Smoking thread

Last edited:
But… Weren’t you aghast when I lit up a maduro while drinking a glass of red wine? Didn’t you suggest that whiskey neat would be a more appropriate accompaniment? 😁

Indeed a whiskey would have been better - but the wine bottle was open and it wouldhave been a shame to waste it eh? I did it for the environment.

After smoking a few of the H. Upmann 1844 reservas, I attest that, despite their enjoyable flavor profile, I’ve experienced inconsistency in draw and burn.

On the other hand, each of the E. P-Carrillos have provided an easy draw, clouds of smoke, and a smooth burn throughout. Admittedly, different flavor profiles, but the EPCs’ consistent quality is notable.

Upmanns are tasty but yes, I have gotten a number with tight draws or problems on burn.

Never have had that problem with EPCs - and great flavor of course.

Reactions: loggervol
After smoking a few of the H. Upmann 1844 reservas, I attest that, despite their enjoyable flavor profile, I’ve experienced inconsistency in draw and burn.

On the other hand, each of the E. P-Carrillos have provided an easy draw, clouds of smoke, and a smooth burn throughout. Admittedly, different flavor profiles, but the EPCs’ consistent quality is notable.

Now look what you made me do! All your fault of course 😉
IMG_3669.jpeg

Has anybody else tried the Cohiba Riviera (purple band)? I was gifted one for my birthday so I’ve only had one. Very good smoke. Box pressed, deep silky brown wrapper (not oily), nice presentation. Medium to full bodied. Not a super slow burner, just under an hour for the robusto size. It was well constructed, good draw, even burn and held a good ash.
Kind of nutty with some coffee and some spice. Some sweetness at the finish. The finish is amazing, careful not to burn your fingers.
I’ll be trying these again soon.
IMG_8941.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: malinoisvol
IMG_0760.jpeg

First time smoking this. A very nice cigar with a nice flavor profile. Cocoa, graham cracker with almonds and a hint of espresso and a sweet after taste of malted caramel or candy corn. I’m assuming there was a hint of white pepper on a very pleasant retro hale.

61/8 by 52” torpedo, medium bodied strength.
A very well put together cigar with a slightly tight draw and a very good burn line. Not a ton of smoke but good enough.

I love My Father’s cigars and of course I’m recommending this cigar if you haven’t tried it.

Last edited:
View attachment 634981

First time smoking this. A very nice cigar with a nice flavor profile. Cocoa, graham cracker with almonds and a hint of espresso and a sweet after taste of malted caramel or candy corn. I’m assuming there was a hint of white pepper on a very pleasant retro hale.

61/8 by 52” torpedo, medium bodied strength.
A very well put together cigar with a slightly tight draw and a very good burn line. Not a ton of smoke but good enough.

I love My Father’s cigars and of course I’m recommending this cigar if you haven’t tried it.

Wow. That is almost exactly the review I would have given of the ones I have had. Very similar flavor profile. Well written.

Looks like it smells great in there!

It smells like the ebullient wonder of a 5 year old looking around the fireplace and under the tree on Christmas morning. :D

They had a room with crazy things in there. Even silly things like Daniel Marshal gold cigars, Ghurka's Louis 13 cigar, Davidoff royals, etc.

I picked up some interesting ones a tad more affordable, including a 2019 God of Fire series B., Dimond Crown black diamond, couple of other goodies.

Last edited:
It’s good. I think if I’m picking one vs the other, I’d pick the M81 over the S84, but I’m partial to the bolder/darker Maduros, but the S84 is still a nice smoke. Nice draw, lots of smoke, no overwhelming flavors, it’s just a nice, relaxing smoke.
And that’s what it’s really all about, Getting in a good zen.

VN Store

Back