Coach Cleats: Vols' Beard showing WRs how it's done

I don't think many people understand what it takes to actually win championships at any level, much less a team sport. If you've ever played on or won state, regional, or national sports team titles most of the folks I know refer back in hindsight how the chemistry was right or even had it described as magical. You can put year in and year out the best coaches and players together and it will not ensure the championship, it will ensure you play at a high level always but not always the crown rather sometimes the crown. See Bama as a recent testament to what I'm promoting here. Consequently the best and most talented team does not always come home with the trophy. I'm not sure what caliber of head coach CBJ is, the jury is still out for me but the clock is definitely ticking. This is his first gig at this level and he has to show growth and progress. He seems to have been able to get the talent on campus to compete for the crown. He has yet demonstrated he can lead a team of coaches and players in a collaborative effort to win a crown. I do believe his message is on the right track about the mental part of the game to be winners, if you don't think it, you cannot produce it. Said all that to come to this, watched the same bunch year in and year out before the Florida game last year again promote team 120 had no chance, even heckling others here who thought we would put it together and win. The same bunch for the most part disappeared for about a week from VN once 120 won. Im not sure the fan base has a lot to do with victories on the field once the game is underway, but for darn sure a fan base who heckles and promotes how poor a team and program we have day in and day out has no chance to help "their" team.

Reactions: 1 person
Take a breath son. Just having a discussion with a poster about a game or two last season. No reason for you to throw a tatntrum.

lol. if thats a fit,, then my parents beat my ass way to much when I was young.

not just a game or two..your doing all season in one or two games...minus the starters on the team..who you dont give two ****z about.

'granted'....His letting Dobbs and other Senior guys run the program last year failed..Knew team next year..or bust..:twocents:

Last edited:
lol. if thats a fit,, then my parents beat my ass way to much when I was young.

not just a game or two..your doing all season in one or two games...minus the starters on the team..who you dont give two ****z about.

'granted'....His letting Dobbs and other Senior guys run the program last year failed..Knew team next year..or bust..:twocents:

We were evidently raised a good bit differently. If someone writes/says, in sentence or two, to "shut the f*%k up", "stfu" and, for a third time, #stfu, that kinda screams tantrum or fit. I pictured you jumping up and down, screaming, fists balled up and purple-faced. Lol.

*New

Last edited:
We were evidently raised a good bit differently. If someone writes/says, in sentence or two, to "shut the f*%k up", "stfu" and, for a third time, #stfu, that kinda screams tantrum or fit. I pictured you jumping up and down, screaming, fists balled up and purple-faced. Lol.

*New

lol.

swoosh.jpeg

VN Store

Back