Coaches We Have Contacted

While many of you want to believe that if someone doesn't advocate immediate change they must be a fan of the current coach, it simply isn't true.

I'm a fan of the Big Orange and realize that often when a coaching change is made it leads to years of more mediocrity. Stability doesn't guarantee success but having 5 (6 if we end up with an interim)coaches inside of 12 seasons isn't going to make any coach or recruit want to come here. This is what most are missing.

Unlike most of you I can't read the future and know that CBJ will fail or be successful. However stability of the program is more important to long term success than screaming for your Big Mac today.

Have you went to even one game this year? FIVE YEARS IS HOW LONG WE HAVE HAD ONE COACH. I agree stability is great but then maybe you think we should have kept DOOLEY. Worse loss in 112 years but watching it was the worse college football play that I have seen in my 50 years. I have been live to every game but Florida this year and will be at Bryant Denny this weekend. But if you have not seen the product we are putting out there in person then you don't know how pathetic this offense truly is. If you have seen it and you think in the name of stability that this staff should have another year, then you do not understand this game. For the last two years this team has become weak physically and mentally and is undicipline. it really is not the won loss record right now for me. It is the complete incompinance on the field. We are getting killed on the LOS even by UMASS.

Last edited:
Have you went to even one game this year? FIVE YEARS IS HOW LONG WE HAVE HAD ONE COACH. I agree stability is great but then maybe you think we should have kept DOOLEY. Worse loss in 112 years but watching it was the worse college football play that I have seen in my 50 years. I have been live to every game but Florida this year and will be at Bryant Denny this weekend. But if you have not seen the product we are putting out there in person then you don't know how pathetic this offense truly is. If you have seen it and you think in the name of stability that this staff should have another year, then you do not understand this game. For the last two years this team has become weak physically and mentally and is undicipline. it really is not the won loss record right now for me. It is the complete incompinance on the field. We are getting killed on the LOS even by UMASS.
Amen to that. You can't keep at guy who is completely incompetent for the sake of stability. If you do you, you will be came a stable part of the losers bracket. We need a GOOD COACH to stay here for awhile. Not a good one that's one and done, or a crappy one that wants to stay here.

I've come to accept that Butch isn't the future, but Dantonio would have been accepted as a complete failure last year, and Fisher isn't doing so well this year. A couple of years so many here wondered why we couldn't get somebody like McElwain.

Short term analysis of a long term situation is bad - MI St might have fired Dantonio after last year. He, Sumlin, and Orgeron are suddenly looking like winners to people here - the jury is out, but .... The similarity between Jones and Fisher - a QB to make "the system" work. Yet probably 90% of the posters here are convinced that we need another "system" coach (an offensive guru) rather than one who just coaches sound offensive and defensive football.

Some decent predictions so far, but you're all wrong.

Butch barely loses a heart breaker to KY and is let go the following day. Then Fulmer gets assigned as the acting Grand Poobah for the remainder of the season. He then goes to Tee Martin's house in California and says, "The last time I was in your living room talking to you, we were three years away from a national championship." Tee comes home.

My source is Dr. Who.

From a very reliable source in his 40's with the last name Bailey, the AD has started contacting coaches. He wouldn't give me any big names (hinted at some), but he gave me 4 smaller ones, some of whom have already been mentioned here. I give you, in no particular order:

1. Frank Wilson
2. Jason Candle
3. Neal Brown
4. Jedd Fisch

Obviously, as with any hearsay, take it with a large grain of salt.

Shaw is at his Alma Mater and Peterson is a straight up West Coast Guy. Those would be 2 wasted phone calls.

when you can double someones salary and eliminate state income tax, you never know what they're going to do. the better tradition,facilities, fans, stadium is just gravy.

Listening to the radio this morning and an odds guru from Vegas list all the notables but said his money would go on Alum Jim Bob Cooter. If he can attract a big defensive Coord. I would be good with that hire. it would be like old days with him roaming the sidelines with a clip board. He knows them well.

JBC has never had to recruit and has never coached any position in college football. Not sure he could be a good enough of a recruiter to win here. Don't see any scenario where he is our HC. It's one thing to hire a guy as our HC who has never been one at any level but throw in that he's never been more than a GA in college so I'm not sure how you take a chance on a guy who has zero experience with those 2 pretty important things.

VN Store

Back