Coaching Search Thread

Larry Davis? Took over for Cronin at UC this year and did á pretty good job.

I'd take Brad Underwood too. Incredible recruiter. Lock him up.

Also throwing out there that Rick Barnes (Texas) may become available. He had good runs at Providence, Clemson, and Texas. He's stayed at Texas too long and did exceptionally well in his first 10 years in Austin.

Reactions: 1 person
I was talkin to my grandpa about this but at what point does George Quarles make the leap.

Bobby Hurley looks good to me, their style of play against West VA was impressive.

Brad Underwood beat Memphis, VCU, battled Texas 72-62 and has won championships at previous stops prior to. SFA. If he's not the next "Bruce" (winner), then I don't know who is.

Brad Underwood, holy **** how is he not on the radar? Took his first D1 feam to the NCAA tournament and beat VCU. Combined 61-8 record.

I just added him However, I have to admit that I had to "Google" him.

Give me Hurley please. Great coach and I think he will be a great recruiter. The guy from Northern Iowa would be nice too. There is one option no one has mentioned. Bring coach Calhoun in old Uconn coach let him stabilize things for three to five years and have a coach in waiting like they did with Kevin Ollie. Can't remember if he had issues with the ncaa or not though, I know had some health problems.

Give me Hurley please. Great coach and I think he will be a great recruiter. The guy from Northern Iowa would be nice too. There is one option no one has mentioned. Bring coach Calhoun in old Uconn coach let him stabilize things for three to five years and have a coach in waiting like they did with Kevin Ollie. Can't remember if he had issues with the ncaa or not though, I know had some health problems.

He's had his fair share of run ins with the NCAA...lol

Reactions: 2 people
Reactions: 4 people
Man… this thread is becoming way too familiar to see almost every year. Let's get someone who has an exciting style of basketball and won't get us in trouble.

Can we start one where we keep it to legitimate names (no Smarts, Pearls, Marshalls, etc.)?

Based on UTs last 4 hires, who were all mid-majors, here's who I see as legitimate names:

Will Wade (UTC HC) - won't move the national meter much.

Bobby Hurley (Buffalo HC) - in line for a big-time HC job in next few years, but can he recruit in the south.

Ron Hunter (Ga St. HC) - he would be near the top of my list.

Steve Prohm (Murray St. HC) - also in line for a big-time HC job in next few years. This would be a solid hire.

Michael White (LA Tech HC) - he turned UT down once and I don't see them going back down that road.

Rick Byrd (Belmont HC) - it wouldn't be a good coaching search thread without throwing his name in. He would stabilize the program and run a clean program, but age and energy are a factor.

Rick Stansbury (former Miss St. HC) - this would be intriguing. Had no NCAA issues despite what some think.

Please add to the list if I have left someone legitimate out.

Additional names:

Ben Jacobsen (Northern Iowa HC)

Chris Mack (Xavier HC)

Brad Underwood (SFA HC)

agree with everything except us being "big program"

Can Ron Hunter bring in RJ if he is in line to graduate early and be a grad transfer? That would be a home run if we got him and his son!

RJ is probably going pro. Projected to be a first round pick.

I would like to know why Hunter is on the list? One appearance in the field of 32 is not what I call a great accomplishment. White hasn't done anything either. The others are pretty solid.

By that logic, Prohm needs to be eliminated. Hasn't done anything either.

You think Jeff caple gets s look former Oklahoma coach current Duke assistant.

This....... He is only Coach K tree member that has had success before going back and being an assistant under K. He has made a lot of recruiting contacts in his past years at Duke that would be very beneficial. And K's reference would be very legit.

VN Store

Back