Confirmed: Peterman transferring to Pitt

I hope that he pulls a Russell Wilson, and becomes much improved after the transfer. Of course most of VN wouldn't have wanted Russell Wilson. He was only a 2 star on both rating services.

Reactions: 1 person
Others have said this but it bears repeating. Nate is a fine young man who gave his all for Tennessee in whatever capacity he was asked, represented the university with class, graduated and is VFL. He may not have been the best player but few are. Nate stuck with the program unlike a lot of others who supposedly have a higher pedigree. His coaches give him kudos and VolNation should, too. I wish him well in whatever he does.

Reactions: 4 people
Does anyone know if he will be able to go through spring practice at Pitt? I assume he would have to be enrolled in classes at Pittsburgh...maybe it's not too late to start spring semester???

Best of luck to Nathan. I will be rooting for Pittsburgh and Nate next year.

Last edited:
Maybe a dumb question, does he have to sit out next year?

It has been reported he does not have to sit because he has graduated. Has two years eligibility.

On the good riddance post your comment was uncalled for and just plain ignorant! Peterman was all Vol and gave his best!!! THANK YOU Nate Peterman for being a Vol through some difficult times! You have my respect! GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: 3 people
Best of luck young man!!! Make the best of it!! Everyone deserves a shot at their dreams!!

Reactions: 2 people
Good luck, Nate. Like others have said, I will be watching Pitt closely this upcoming season.

Also, thanks for the heads up on this, DTO.

Good luck NP. I will be rooting for you, especially if PITT plays State Penn. You will be a hero in my eyes if you beat CJF. VFL

Spoken like a troll. Not a vol fan.imo.

Anyway good luck to Nate. Hope he balls out

You guys are cracking me up. I can remember VN melting down every time Peterman went into a game. Even when it was hinted at that he may play, everyone cried to the heavens that he wouldn't see the field.

Now all I am saying is that our football team will be better at the QB position. There isn't much debate there in my mind. Again, not personal. I hope he does well at Pitt. I just don't see the problem, with being excited that he has graduated (good for him) and is that I will never have to worry about him coming in and folding up like a cheap lawn chair again.

I really am having a hard time seeing how there's something wrong with me for wanting our team to be better.

So, next year, we have Dobbs, then three frosh QBs. And we're looking at possibly not having a QB coach, just a GA to help with the QBs. Interesting...

But good luck to Peterman. Lord knows, he took enough fan abuse, yet kept giving his all. Hope he finds success with a fresh start.

VN Store

Back