Corona cumulative virus SEC cities/ counties stats through 8 12 2020. ARE FOOTBALL PLAYERS REALLY AT RISK ?

Is this stat for the U.S. or worldwide? In the U.S. last year the total was about 39,000. At the rate you are quoting comes out to about 1.5 million a year.

In 2019 the US was 38,800. COVID sitting at about 166,000. Annual is around 1.35 mil with 3700 a day. Apparently pedestrians, cyclists, and motos are more than half according to the CDC. That little factoid didn't help out chuck's argument too much now did it?

Reactions: NashVol11
Why is everyone only concerned about death rates and fatality %? Not represented in those numbers are people who become infected and have a rough time with it, worse than the flu, even if it doesn’t warrant going to the hospital. We sometimes act like there should be no cause for alarm because the death rate is so low. Well that’s great, but there are a lot of people who contract this virus and have multiple symptoms and lingering effects but are only counted as a “case”. My wife is one of them - and she’s a otherwise healthy 44 former Razorback Pom squad member.

Viruses are part of the natural order. If we weren't able to take them on our species would have gone extinct long ago.

We're never gonna stop viruses from existing. The issue with covid is has the response to it by authorities been proportional to the risk. I agree with the majority of people who feel the risk coming from this virus has been politicized by the powers that be for ulterior motives. And I'm saying this a guy who is typically liberal on most issues and has zero love for Trump and the Republicans.

Covid has been politicized by the left just as 9/11 was politicized by the right. This is the world we live in now. Fear mongering from both parties is the norm.

Based on the reported number of deaths (which is way overstated), the death rate is about 0.25%, which is about twice the rate of the seasonal flu. Just like the seasonal flu, some of the effects can linger for weeks after the symptoms subside. It is a nasty virus, but people in good health have almost an 100% survival rate without any lasting aftereffects. While obviously no one wants to contract it, but just like the flu, the elderly, those in poor health, and those with compromised immune systems need to take the greatest precautions. We don't shut down the economy every fall for the flu, and there was absolutely no reason to have a lockdown over this virus other than the obvious political motives.

Last edited:
I think that's a fair point. I do think that the Chinese Virus is serious. My issue is that our government undereacted early by not closing incoming international travel. And then overreacted by shutting the nation down. They've given us the worst of both worlds

Politics.

Dems held the President from shutting international travel by having the Courts intervene saying the President was being racist to other countries. Then the Republicans/the President did what the Dems and most people in the US were calling for and shut down the entire Nation.

Until the Media isn’t allowed to play sides this will always happen.

Reactions: cgrish and onevol74
What is the rate of hospitalization for 21 and under? Last I checked it was under 0.1%. Don't forget to consider the undocumented, pre-existing, and falsely reported.

My wife had chest tightening and shortness of breath for a month after recovering and testing negative. She could barely climb the stairs in our home for a while. She’s better now, thanks for asking

I work with a guy who had it very recently. He was pretty sick with the classic symptoms for about a week. Then for about two or three weeks afterwards he was short on breath with no energy. His friend caught it at the same time and only lost his sense of taste for a week.

Glad to hear your wife is better.

We as humans will always have these microbes infecting us from time to time. Part of life unfortunately.

Reactions: The Original Fade
In my county we had a bad outbreak at a nursing home, and it wasn't even Cuomo related, with several deaths. Every test they sent out came back positive and I was told that some nurses became suspicious and sent out unused sterile swabs for testing and they also came back positive.

Wow. And some foolish people want to trust mail in voting.

Wow. And some foolish people want to trust mail in voting.

Yep! I was just telling my wife today about how screwed up that will be. We know which way the postal union and a lot of Federal workers tend to vote and let's suppose a group of postal employees decide to ditch bags of ballots collected from neighborhoods or areas of a county where the majority typically votes opposite of their views.
A retail business my wife used to work for discovered bundles of their mail circulars that were dumped into a creek instead of being delivered. So this crap does happen.
And then there was the case in Texas where someone forged ballots using the info of residents of a nursing home. They found at least 100 fraudulent ballots. Multiple that by thousands of case around the country and add in ballot harvesting and other devious tricks and you have big numbers.

We would if car accidents and pool drownings were contagious

Most rational people would choose not to die from either. They do not care if it’s contagious or not. Here is an idea, get rid of all cars and look at all the lives saved. I should be President. I hate it for your wife. I also had two friends and a third relative just last year die from cancer in late 40’s and early 50’s. A friend 61 looked healthy two weeks ago and now dead with a heart attack. Bet she would trade results with your wife. Not to belittle your situation but death would be worse. Also, a month ago a friends 52 year old healthy wife died in a car accident. Time to be as safe as possible but appears we have made this out to be the worse killer of American people but cancer is the real deal and with heart disease is more likely to either get you or allow covid to be given the reason but in reality, it wouldn’t without the other. Hope your wife gets better

Last edited:
Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
Why is everyone only concerned about death rates and fatality %? Not represented in those numbers are people who become infected and have a rough time with it, worse than the flu, even if it doesn’t warrant going to the hospital. We sometimes act like there should be no cause for alarm because the death rate is so low. Well that’s great, but there are a lot of people who contract this virus and have multiple symptoms and lingering effects but are only counted as a “case”. My wife is one of them - and she’s a otherwise healthy 44 former Razorback Pom squad member.

Per Don Henley: It’s interesting when people die give us dirty laundry.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Can we just throw 2020/spring 2021 completely in the garbage and fast forward to Fall 2021 and get revved up to play a full season of football?

Yep! I was just telling my wife today about how screwed up that will be. We know which way the postal union and a lot of Federal workers tend to vote and let's suppose a group of postal employees decide to ditch bags of ballots collected from neighborhoods or areas of a county where the majority typically votes opposite of their views.
A retail business my wife used to work for discovered bundles of their mail circulars that were dumped into a creek instead of being delivered. So this crap does happen.
And then there was the case in Texas where someone forged ballots using the info of residents of a nursing home. They found at least 100 fraudulent ballots. Multiple that by thousands of case around the country and add in ballot harvesting and other devious tricks and you have big numbers.

Because of the lack of voter identification, even our current system is susceptible to fraud. One woman in Ohio openly bragged about voting for Obama SIX times in the 2012 election.

Florida absentee ballots in the 2016 election kept mysteriously appearing through the ripe-for-fraud practice of ballot harvesting.

However, even this will not compare to the rampant fraud that will take place with mail-in voting.

Reactions: cgrish and GlockVol
None of this matters, OP.

It is moot. They can get it regardless. Don't get distracted.

It is never the people that cast votes that decide an election.
Elections are decided by the people who count the votes.

I think that's a fair point. I do think that the Chinese Virus is serious. My issue is that our government undereacted early by not closing incoming international travel. And then overreacted by shutting the nation down. They've given us the worst of both worlds
Some people didn't think this was serious...Some did.
3c49b38420bcfeb48fe87197d6920641.jpg

Reactions: lukeneyland
Not to beat a dead horse here but as of 5 minutes ago we have lost 833,922 souls to vehicular fatalities so far this year....... but hey......
And many of those involved poor decisions by individuals on the use of alcohol and recreational drugs. Many of the deaths from Covid-19 could have also be connected to failure of individuals ignoring activities/recommendations of the scientific and medical experts. The same is true for the majority of the deaths associated with influenza where vaccines are available and only about 50% of the high risk population refuse to take the vaccine. Lets face the facts; many people are not very smart when they do not realize that they are the reason they have premature deaths from the own stupid decisions. The same is true from premature deaths from obesity and tobacco use. Almost all these deaths can be delayed or prevented by our own decisions. The same will apply if/when a vaccine is developed to prevent Covis-19. My family history indicates that our genetics are not very good at proteting our lives from the used of alcohol in combination with tobacco. One of my parents was one of 9 childre who survived infancy. Five of the nine used alcohol and tobacco and they die in their 50s. The four who did not use alcohol or tobacco dies lived into their 90s. While this is a very small epidemiological review, My age is 82 and had a "hole in one" on the golf course last year at 81. We can help control our life style, including death, by making wise decisions.

Simply put, it would be much easier to know what precautions to take, what’s necessary and what’s not, IF the numbers were not being “padded” by the medical industry. I bet if they took the $ away from hospitals for Covid but continued testing we’d see the numbers fall drastically.

Reactions: cgrish
I ordered some medical supplies a couple of weeks ago from a company in Massachusetts and it was shipped by USPS. The package made two trips to Anchorage Alaska and back to Massachusetts before someone in the post office finally figured out the correct direction for the state of Tennessee was due south. When I got the package My first reaction was to inspect the package to see if there was any possible signage that said Republican ballot. We did have an election that week.

HERE ARE CUMULATIVE DEATHS IN SEC CITIES AS OF 8/12/ 2020 (COUNTY NUMBERS):
ATHENS 19
KNOXVILLE 40
NASHVILLE 221
TUSCALOSA 80
STARKSVILLE 39
BATON ROUGE 360
COLLEGE STATION 47
GAINESVILLE 26
COLUMBIA SC 158
LEXINGTON 48
COLUMBIA MO 3
AUBURN 47
FAYETTEVILLE 53
TOTAL DEATHS ALL SEC COUNTIES 1141 (AVERAGE PER COUNTY SEC 81.5)
MINUS BIG CITIES (BATON ROUGE 360, COLUMBIA SC 158, NASHVILLE 221): 739
(67 PER COUNTY).....
Where is Oxford??

Reactions: Jhilly05
Simply put, it would be much easier to know what precautions to take, what’s necessary and what’s not, IF the numbers were not being “padded” by the medical industry. I bet if they took the $ away from hospitals for Covid but continued testing we’d see the numbers fall drastically.
Hospital perform very few of the tet for Covid-19. Most swabs are take in local health departments, private doctors, or health clinics. The test are usually processed by private sector laboratories. Except for false negative and false positive results of test, the tests are the only way to determine virus circulation. Simplicity is not an accurate evaluation of disease occurrence.

Reactions: The Original Fade

VN Store

Back