Corona cumulative virus SEC cities/ counties stats through 8 12 2020. ARE FOOTBALL PLAYERS REALLY AT RISK ?

Some people didn't think this was serious...Some did.
3c49b38420bcfeb48fe87197d6920641.jpg
Looks like a cross between an Angry Bird and Jack the Ripper

I'd be curious to know how many of those are 'actual' deaths directly due to the virus. Stories abound about numbers being inflated for various reasons...

We'll probably never know..
yea, like the the motorcycle rider in Florida who was killed in an accident but it was later found out his death was listed as covid-19, and like the two nurses in Texas hospitals who said their
hospitals got more $$$ for the covid-19 deaths, yes this is a real bad virus but it seems the stats can be misleading and there can be a lot of overreacting in shutting down businesses -speaking
of which - for every 1% rise in unemployment there are thousands of attributable suicides due to the financial stress involved

Why is everyone only concerned about death rates and fatality %? Not represented in those numbers are people who become infected and have a rough time with it, worse than the flu, even if it doesn’t warrant going to the hospital. We sometimes act like there should be no cause for alarm because the death rate is so low. Well that’s great, but there are a lot of people who contract this virus and have multiple symptoms and lingering effects but are only counted as a “case”. My wife is one of them - and she’s a otherwise healthy 44 former Razorback Pom squad member.

I understand what you say and have sympathy for you and yours, however this is just one more malady for mankind to deal with. Should we give in to this one anymore than any other? This seems to be the question. You have seen the bad side and have made you decision. Their are many who say can't happen that way to me or mine. They may learn the hard way, as you have learned by experience. Either way or until your way is the majority, life as is known will struggle on.

Reactions: norrislakevol
I ordered some medical supplies a couple of weeks ago from a company in Massachusetts and it was shipped by USPS. The package made two trips to Anchorage Alaska and back to Massachusetts before someone in the post office finally figured out the correct direction for the state of Tennessee was due south. When I got the package My first reaction was to inspect the package to see if there was any possible signage that said Republican ballot. We did have an election that week.

About 2 years ago I was to receive two very important pieces of mail on two separate occasions. In both cases I did not get them for about 4 weeks and the envelopes were dirty and crumpled up. I called the place who had mailed to me several times after the first week and they kept saying give it another few days. This mail was checks mailed to me; and It took 4 weeks for what should have taken 3 or 4 days, and I did check the postmark and it was postmarked on the day the place said they mailed it out. This was in normal times and just from me, 2 pieces delayed out of maybe a thousand mails I received in the mail. So things like this do happen, and when you have thousands upon thousands coming in at one time above the normal mail rate imo there will be thousands not delivered in time. If I were voting by mail I would mail my ballot in at least 4 weeks early if possible. I always vote in person, and do early voting to avoid the crowds.

Reactions: Vol524
in 2009-2010 we had 60.8 million people diagnosed with the flu, no shut down. Protect the vulnerable and let life go on for the rest. And notice I said protect the vulnerable.
Shhhhh wanting to make sure we protect the vulnerable and allowing the rest live their life the way they want to live it is a BIG NO NO.

Reactions: norrislakevol
It's a virus that has a 99.6 % survival rate. Yes, old people have a higher risk, yes, folks with pre-existing conditions have a higher risk, just like they do from every virus or bacteria known or unknown to man......We are officially the "woosiest" population in the history of the United States.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
A very interesting observational study would be to look at the percentage positive of various athletes (football, soccer, volleyball...) from late August 2020 to end of the year. Compare the results between the Big10/Pac10 schools and the SEC/ACC/Big12 schools. See whether not playing vs playing make a difference.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
And many of those involved poor decisions by individuals on the use of alcohol and recreational drugs. Many of the deaths from Covid-19 could have also be connected to failure of individuals ignoring activities/recommendations of the scientific and medical experts. The same is true for the majority of the deaths associated with influenza where vaccines are available and only about 50% of the high risk population refuse to take the vaccine. Lets face the facts; many people are not very smart when they do not realize that they are the reason they have premature deaths from the own stupid decisions. The same is true from premature deaths from obesity and tobacco use. Almost all these deaths can be delayed or prevented by our own decisions. The same will apply if/when a vaccine is developed to prevent Covis-19. My family history indicates that our genetics are not very good at proteting our lives from the used of alcohol in combination with tobacco. One of my parents was one of 9 childre who survived infancy. Five of the nine used alcohol and tobacco and they die in their 50s. The four who did not use alcohol or tobacco dies lived into their 90s. While this is a very small epidemiological review, My age is 82 and had a "hole in one" on the golf course last year at 81. We can help control our life style, including death, by making wise decisions.

University of GA told their students you better wear a mask when having sex. At 81, I bet you would be glad to have sex and the last thing you would worry about is the mask. 😂

Reactions: lukeneyland
Not to beat a dead horse here but as of 5 minutes ago we have lost 833,922 souls to vehicular fatalities so far this year....... but hey......

Is this supposed to be blue font?

in 2009-2010 we had 60.8 million people diagnosed with the flu, no shut down. Protect the vulnerable and let life go on for the rest. And notice I said protect the vulnerable.

How many times during last year's flu season did you have cities filling refrigerated tractor trailers with corpses because they had nowhere else to put the dead? How many people were on ventilators because of the flu? I'll hang up and listen.

It's a virus that has a 99.6 % survival rate. Yes, old people have a higher risk, yes, folks with pre-existing conditions have a higher risk, just like they do from every virus or bacteria known or unknown to man......We are officially the "woosiest" population in the history of the United States.

Just to do the math for you.... approximately 350,000,000 US residents with a .4% mortality rate is 1.4 million dead. You good with that boss?

To put that into perspective, the total number of people that died in the US last year was 2.8 million.

Agree. The shut down has been somewhat of an overreaction. But other precautions such as masks and the social distancing are just common sense

Lol. None of what’s going on is common sense. People believe if you don’t social distance and wear a mask that you are condemning others to a death sentence. The data doesn’t reflect that. As far as lingering effects go? Not to sound crude but it is what it is. This thing is spreading regardless of masks, social distancing, social isolating and lockdowns. The risks for college aged people is incredibly low.

You asked about why people focus on death rate? Because death cannot be treated.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
In my county we had a bad outbreak at a nursing home, and it wasn't even Cuomo related, with several deaths. Every test they sent out came back positive and I was told that some nurses became suspicious and sent out unused sterile swabs for testing and they also came back positive.
Link please...I think you’re lying personally but I could be wrong

Link please...I think you’re lying personally but I could be wrong

Sorry to get you excited but I was relying on word of mouth from what I now realize is an unreliable source. He made me believe it was a local nursing home where several people died from Covid, but instead he says now it was from a story he read about a Facebook post. After investigating it turns out it was never verified and deleted according to something called PolitiFact which may not be any more reliable than he is, but there it is. I went back and edited my original post to cut out the unsubstantiated statements

Reactions: QU1ZE

VN Store

Back