Dobbs worked with the 1s today!

There has been no mention of Dobbs practicing with the first team anywhere that I have seen/read. 247 live practice updates indicated that Worley did practice and did all the work with the first team, minus Thomas and Jackson was limited.

It's mentioned on Volquest. It's also stated that Peterman worked with the 1st team as well and got more snaps with the 1st team than Dobbs.

Worley is not the best QB we have ever had but he has stood in there and taken vicious hits. How would Dobbs perform under these circumstances? I hope he is able to take it if he goes in.

Reactions: 1 person
The 1st team is never used to simulate a team or QB...its the scout team. If Dobbs is running the first team CBJ must have something up his sleeve?

Peterman ran with the ones more than Dobbs according to reports. Probably getting Dobbs reps with the chance Worley cant go, which sounds more and more like he wont be able to. Dont see Dobbs starting over Peterman but at this point neither could do any worse than Worley and both have more mobility. With be interesting to watch the closer it gets to Sat.

Reactions: 2 people
We're supposed to lose to Bama...badly per usual...if Worley can't go and his redshirt is gone for another year anyway? Tell him to run the offense HIS WAY...less thinking more creating. What's the worst that could happen? We get clobbered? :dunno:

Peterman got significant (more than Dobbs) work with the 1st team as well. AT least that's what has been reported. SOunds as if there is a strong chance Worley won't be able to go this week in my opinion.

If Worley can't go, I fear it's gonna get really ugly. The respect for Worley after the Bama game will go up significantly IMHO.

If there is a change, it can't hurt us. Worley makes VERY bad decisions costing us games. He has lead feet, is banged up due to countless sacks.
I respect all of our QB's. Worley is a tough SOB. He is much improved, but if it takes us playing every QB on the roster to get us to a bowl game.....so be it....to hell with redshirts/feelings.

Well, alright then. Like I said, I don't hate Dobbs. I just think if he gave us the best chance then he would have been playing by now.

Isn't it weird that people see Dobbs getting practice with first team when at the current moment, Butch hasn't necessarily said Worley's status and the other only other QB with first team reps is Peterman? Could it be that Worley may not be playing vs Bama and if worst comes to worst, Peterman gets hurt causing us to put in Dobbs? Oh I forgot, Dobbs is a balla that is going to murder every Bama defender at the site of him warming up. I forgot Dobbs doesn't need practice at all.

Exactly. If Worley cant play, which sounds very possible now then you gotta get Dobbs ready if Peterman does grt hurt too. Dobbs isn't starting over Nate.

I doubt if Worley even wants to play. Bama's defense starts three down linemen all 6"4" and each at least 310 lbs. Their LB's weigh 250,245,259, and 242lbs. Imagine running from them all night. What a nightmare!

Wow, you're the Barney Fife of trolls.

Well, alright then. Like I said, I don't hate Dobbs. I just think if he gave us the best chance then he would have been playing by now.

I bet it had something to do with Butch trying to save a year of eligibility for him!...could be wrong...but I'm not. :yess:

Posted this a couple of days ago! "It's getting time for the rubber to hit the road. Dobbs played over Peterman last year the last four games. Since he is in aeronautical engineering for a major, that means post graduate work and continued eligiblity. It is a combination of things. I think he was hoping the senior Worley could get them to a bowl game this year, Dobbs could redshirt and be the quarterback in prime time beginning in 2015. I don't think it has anything to do with Peterman being better than Dobbs. Dobbs was the best in the spring. The question is, "Is getting to a bowl game this year more important than Dobbs' red shirt this year?"

If you watch the video it says that they aren't sure Worley can go or not yet. They are preparing everyone else. If Dobbs gets put in ... where exactly is he supposed to run? To the right?, to the left? He better be able to sit in pocket and throw.

I bet it had something to do with Butch trying to save a year of eligibility for him!...could be wrong...but I'm not. :yess:

I think Dobbs is progressing and it's obvious that what happened at UF last year for NP was more than a shocked freshman cracking under pressure.

I think Worley is mentally (and physically) broken right now, and Dobbs brings a healthy, athletic option at QB. I believe CBJs hope is that all the practice and development Dobbs has experienced finally translates into good in-game decision making.

We shall see. I hope it goes well and Dobbs proves to be the Elite 11 QB this staff and recruiting analysts were pumped about.

Posted this a couple of days ago! "It's getting time for the rubber to hit the road. Dobbs played over Peterman last year the last four games. Since he is in aeronautical engineering for a major, that means post graduate work and continued eligiblity. It is a combination of things. I think he was hoping the senior Worley could get them to a bowl game this year, Dobbs could redshirt and be the quarterback in prime time beginning in 2015. I don't think it has anything to do with Peterman being better than Dobbs. Dobbs was the best in the spring. The question is, "Is getting to a bowl game this year more important than Dobbs' red shirt this year?"

Dobbs played because Peterman had a broken thumb.

I think Dobbs is progressing and it's obvious that what happened at UF last year for NP was more than a shocked freshman cracking under pressure.

I think Worley is mentally (and physically) broken right now, and Dobbs brings a healthy, athletic option at QB. I believe CBJs hope is that all the practice and development Dobbs has experienced finally translates into good in-game decision making.

We shall see. I hope it goes well and Dobbs proves to be the Elite 11 QB this staff and recruiting analysts were pumped about.

Dobbs isn't going from third string to starter unless Peterman is injured or kidnapped.

If you watch the video it says that they aren't sure Worley can go or not yet. They are preparing everyone else. If Dobbs gets put in ... where exactly is he supposed to run? To the right?, to the left? He better be able to sit in pocket and throw.

To the left THEN the right THEN straight ahead! :gone:

VN Store

Back