Dobbs worked with the 1s today!

I'd agree that's about the long and the short of it.

Let's see a show of hands.

Who here thought (rather loudly) that Dooley should never have burned Worley's redshirt when he pulled Bray?

There was fierce criticism of that decision.

I'm betting there's a slight overlap in these circles - that is to say, many eager to burn Dobbs' redshirt, were likely vehemently against Dooley burning Worley's.

Even more succinctly, some people just like to bi*ch.

Worley was put in the game when Simms was done with. Bray was injured. Please state facts or atleast know your stuff before posting.

Interesting stats from last year.
Worley - Passing - 109 of 196 for 1239 yards, 55.6%
Rushing - 19 for 56 yards, 2.9 yards avg. 0 TD
Dobbs - Passing - 72 of 121 for 695 yards, 59.5%
Rushing - 38 for 189 yards, 5.0 yards avg. 1 TD

How dare you bring facts into this sir!

NFL offensive line was not a weapon? :crazy:
Or if oline was not important last year why are coaches whining about youthful oline this year? :unsure:

They didn't run routes....catch passes...or throw them either. I believe that was what he was referring to...QB/WR with rhythm/timing experience together. Easy Leonard go easy man.

vincent-donofrio-2.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I have been waiting for this we need to win 3 more and at least Dobbs will mix it up in the read option.

Didn't we do this whole bit last year just to result in everyone thinking Dobbs sucked and crying for the next guy? I'll stick with Worley unless he is hurt

Reactions: 2 people
Never seen a true freshman like Dobbs get so much ridicule. Yes, he had some bad moments but he was a true freshman. I know he is a soph but he has only played 1 year. I just don't understand people discounting a guy that was a true freshman last year, he is smart and he studies the game hard and is working hard at getting stronger. I am certainly not about to give up on Dobbs yet. GO VOLS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
For what its worth, Dobbs has supposedly gotten where they wanted him to be last year. I heard he has made vast improvements in his throwing accuracy and decision making abilities. Plus he's a run threat. Bama is gonna beat us regardless of who is in at QB and Worley has lost his confidence/edge these last few games. Peterman is too damn nervous or amped up or something to run the offense as we saw against Georgia and UTC. I say let Dobbs have a shot and see if he can give this stalled offense a shot in the arm it SO desperately needs... we got 2 big QB recruits coming down the pike anyways so his redshirt ain't that crucial... so what's the option here, more of the same 3 and outs with maybe 2 or 3 first downs, or mix it up some with Dobbs and see what happens... Worley can always come back in if we need more 3&outs/INTS/fumbles..

I not a Dobbs HATER, hate to burn a red shirt, think he has got a chance to be a decent QB for us, but the Peterman is bad, might not have a choice if Worley cant go.:ermm:

Clearly you're an english hater.

"The Worley" is tough as nails, if he can't go I want to see "The Peterman." He needs to be given a shot, even if its a small shot, before we blow the possibility of the depth a red shirted Dobbs can give us in 2015-2017....plus by Dobbs' RS-SR year he may have a damn doctorate...Annoucers would have to refer to him as Dr. Dobbs...would be priceless.

For what its worth, Dobbs has supposedly gotten where they wanted him to be last year. I heard he has made vast improvements in his throwing accuracy and decision making abilities. Plus he's a run threat. Bama is gonna beat us regardless of who is in at QB and Worley has lost his confidence/edge these last few games. Peterman is too damn nervous or amped up or something to run the offense as we saw against Georgia and UTC. I say let Dobbs have a shot and see if he can give this stalled offense a shot in the arm it SO desperately needs... we got 2 big QB recruits coming down the pike anyways so his redshirt ain't that crucial... so what's the option here, more of the same 3 and outs with maybe 2 or 3 first downs, or mix it up some with Dobbs and see what happens... Worley can always come back in if we need more 3&outs/INTS/fumbles..

Where did you "hear" that? The Sports Source?

Never seen a true freshman like Dobbs get so much ridicule. Yes, he had some bad moments but he was a true freshman. I know he is a soph but he has only played 1 year. I just don't understand people discounting a guy that was a true freshman last year, he is smart and he studies the game hard and is working hard at getting stronger. I am certainly not about to give up on Dobbs yet. GO VOLS!!!
Hello, this is Volnation. The place that tells you to never expect much out of true freshman, but then says they suck when they don't meet the needs.

Reactions: 3 people

Yet people are okay dishing it out on Peterman.

Reactions: 4 people
Dobbs is a bust, as it sits right now. There is a reason that he is behind Peterman and it has nothing to do with his possible future time in the program. He's a smart guy, but from what I hear (from a former starting national championship player) his arm strength is lacking and he can't make some of the throws. They are working on it. Take it for what its worth, which I know won't be much for those of you that are pinning for him to play.

Hello, this is Volnation. The place that tells you to never expect much out of true freshman, but then says they suck when they don't meet the needs.

Actually last year this place gushed over him based on not sucking in the second half against Alabama even though the game was over, and even though he was pretty bad after that, continues to think he's going to be awesome for some reason.

Didn't we do this whole bit last year just to result in everyone thinking Dobbs sucked and crying for the next guy? I'll stick with Worley unless he is hurt

You know sometimes people do get better over the course of a year. So he played as a true freshman and things didn't go well, does that mean he never gets to see the field again. The drop off from Petermen to Dobbs is hardly a drop off if you ask me. There is no good reason to put Worley our there if he us hurt and can't make throws. I would rather have a healthy person playing than one that isn't, if he can't truly make all the throws due to be hurt. GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs is a bust, as it sits right now. There is a reason that he is behind Peterman and it has nothing to do with his possible future time in the program. He's a smart guy, but from what I hear (from a former starting national championship player) his arm strength is lacking and he can't make some of the throws. They are working on it. Take it for what its worth, which I know won't be much for those of you that are pinning for him to play.

Dobbs is a bust? As a Sophomore? So what does that make Worley?

Isn't it weird that people see Dobbs getting practice with first team when at the current moment, Butch hasn't necessarily said Worley's status and the other only other QB with first team reps is Peterman? Could it be that Worley may not be playing vs Bama and if worst comes to worst, Peterman gets hurt causing us to put in Dobbs? Oh I forgot, Dobbs is a balla that is going to murder every Bama defender at the site of him warming up. I forgot Dobbs doesn't need practice at all.

Really

Yes! Butchna, what confuses me is...why? Dobbs' graduate studies won't be at UT. Considering this major and his priorities to that, he will want to go to a University geared more to Aeronautical Space or whatever. We have 2 QB's coming in next year. Possibly another QB+ 2016 recruiting year. What is your opinion?

I thought UT's facilities at Arnold AB were geared toward that degree?..one of the few in the country? In any case this situation had to have been discussed with Dobbs and family, and they signed off. I hope our succession plan works as properly constituted...Dormady/Jennings then Kendall...but those plans have a way of blowing up...without the caveat of Worley being UNABLE to go, it would follow the old axiom...better to have it (year of eligibility) and not need it, then need it and not have it. :loco:

This. Dobbs and Peterman have atleast 2 years left so to say we are gonna hold on, when another guy has just as much time left, is absurd.

Actually last year this place gushed over him based on not sucking in the second half against Alabama even though the game was over, and even though he was pretty bad after that, continues to think he's going to be awesome for some reason.

Sure, Dobbs was not an All-American last year, but do you think Worley would have gotten than long TD run vs UK last year? What about the long run vs Auburn. Oh and Dobbs completion percentage was higher even with North missing.

Sure, Dobbs was not an All-American last year, but do you think Worley would have gotten than long TD run vs UK last year? What about the long run vs Auburn. Oh and Dobbs completion percentage was higher even with North missing.

So this obviously means Dobbs had zero losses then.

VN Store

Back