Dobbs worked with the 1s today!

If you watch the video it says that they aren't sure Worley can go or not yet. They are preparing everyone else. If Dobbs gets put in ... where exactly is he supposed to run? To the right?, to the left? He better be able to sit in pocket and throw.

Use quick slants etc, only throw deep when necessary. Run the ball, rely on your defense, play field position and clock management. If its close going into the 4th open it up and take shots, rope a dope them.

If you watch the video it says that they aren't sure Worley can go or not yet. They are preparing everyone else. If Dobbs gets put in ... where exactly is he supposed to run? To the right?, to the left? He better be able to sit in pocket and throw.

Are you insane? "sit in the pocket"!:loco:

Reactions: 1 person
Interesting stats from last year.
Worley - Passing - 109 of 196 for 1239 yards, 55.6%
Rushing - 19 for 56 yards, 2.9 yards avg. 0 TD
Dobbs - Passing - 72 of 121 for 695 yards, 59.5%
Rushing - 38 for 189 yards, 5.0 yards avg. 1 TD

Reactions: 1 person
Isn't it weird that Worley can consistently throw into heavy coverage and cost us game after game as a senior....while others bash Dobbs' freshman 1/2 season with limited targets. Is it his Eyebrows that bothers you?

What eyebrows?

That cat gets kidnapped by fear everytime he steps on the field.

First start in the Swamp and next action Between the Hedges and then at Number 3 Vaught Hemingway. Let's see what he does in friendly confines.

Interesting stats from last year.
Worley - Passing - 109 of 196 for 1239 yards, 55.6%
Rushing - 19 for 56 yards, 2.9 yards avg. 0 TD
Dobbs - Passing - 72 of 121 for 695 yards, 59.5%
Rushing - 38 for 189 yards, 5.0 yards avg. 1 TD

Don't bring up stats to this argument. We all know that Dobbs suck.

Mark my words.... we lose handedly if Dobbs plays. We also lose handedly if Worley plays. The issue isn't at QB.

Dobbs clearly had the best Orange and White game, I know he wasn't facing the number #1's like Worley but still he had the best day. He also had several good runs including a 60+ touchdown run. I have no problems with the redshirt move, but if Worley is hurt and with Dormady coming in 2015 and Kendell in 2016 he may end up going with Dobbs if Worley can't go and Peterman can't get it done. Personally I have a feeling Dobbs gives us a better chance than Peterman just because of the mobility factor, I don't see Petermans arm or decision making being any better than Dobbs. Actually I think Dobbs has the most upside by a long shot. But I could be wrong, JHMO. GO VOLS!!

Reactions: 3 people
I bet it had something to do with Butch trying to save a year of eligibility for him!...could be wrong...but I'm not. :yess:

Yes! Butchna, what confuses me is...why? Dobbs' graduate studies won't be at UT. Considering this major and his priorities to that, he will want to go to a University geared more to Aeronautical Space or whatever. We have 2 QB's coming in next year. Possibly another QB+ 2016 recruiting year. What is your opinion?

Im just glad he left out that interception Dobbs threw that Croom ripped from his hands for a TD

Yea, Dobbs had a weak arm last year, but I got what he was trying to say. Accuracy was about the same but Dobbs has a legit run threat. It's hard to come in as a true freshman.

Yea, Dobbs had a weak arm last year, but I got what he was trying to say. Accuracy was about the same but Dobbs has a legit run threat. It's hard to come in as a true freshman.

If you use that excuse for Dobbs, you have to use it for Peterman

Probably not planned, but a necessity if Worley is dinged up...fixin to see some Dobbs haters eat um some salty fare if Worley can't play.

I not a Dobbs HATER, hate to burn a red shirt, think he has got a chance to be a decent QB for us, but the Peterman is bad, might not have a choice if Worley cant go.:ermm:

This may be bad. People forget Worley beat SC and Dobbs got beat by Vandy.

It's Alabama. It's going to be bad regardless.

Worley also contributed significantly to the loss against UF with a poorly-timed interception when a FG would have won it.

If you're going to count Dobbs' losses from last year, then you also have to count Worley's, including a big one this year.

Fair is fair.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
Posted this a couple of days ago! "It's getting time for the rubber to hit the road. Dobbs played over Peterman last year the last four games. Since he is in aeronautical engineering for a major, that means post graduate work and continued eligiblity. It is a combination of things. I think he was hoping the senior Worley could get them to a bowl game this year, Dobbs could redshirt and be the quarterback in prime time beginning in 2015. I don't think it has anything to do with Peterman being better than Dobbs. Dobbs was the best in the spring. The question is, "Is getting to a bowl game this year more important than Dobbs' red shirt this year?"

I'd agree that's about the long and the short of it.

Let's see a show of hands.

Who here thought (rather loudly) that Dooley should never have burned Worley's redshirt when he pulled Bray?

There was fierce criticism of that decision.

I'm betting there's a slight overlap in these circles - that is to say, many eager to burn Dobbs' redshirt, were likely vehemently against Dooley burning Worley's.

Even more succinctly, some people just like to bi*ch.

VN Store

Back