ENOUGH is ENOUGH!

Yeah, he lost me. Time to get someone that can coach at a big school. I appreciate what he's done for us in recruiting, but Jones is a mid major coach at best I feel.

Coaching rank is not even listed at top 25 coaches in poll.

He is def paid too much and over his head.

Watch his face get more red throughout the season.

UT will likely lose 5 games this year! FL, GA, AL, SC and LSU...KY is questionable as is Vandy with our past performances there. Not going to be a stellar year by any means.

The HC, OC, and DC better start renting.

Butch is done
Scott seat is real hot. Throwing the ball from the 1!?!?
Shoops work speaks for itself

Butch is done. He just lost a big segment of his remaining supporters.

No he didn't. The ones that were critical of him before will he critical of him now and the ones who defended him before will defend him now. Literally not one thing has changed with this loss....not one.

No he didn't. The ones that were critical of him before will he critical of him now and the ones who defended him before will defend him now. Literally not one thing has changed with this loss....not one.

You might want to read a few posts before declaring that. He lost me today along with a boatload of others.

Reactions: 2 people

That's a blind statement.

The one game that would have bought them more time and they screwed the pooch. Against an inferior team.

Shoop didn't help himself by calling dud plays
Scott killed a sure fire score by throwing from the 1
Butch is a General when he's nothing more than a private

Reactions: 1 person
My feelings exactly! Now, even if Jones is fired, we have years of mediocrity to go! The talent on this team does not match the performance. I have always backed Jones but now it is time to admit IT HAS TO BE THE COACHES! The players played their hearts out!!

Josh are you saying years of mediocrity because you think UT will make a lateral hire or because a new coach is not expected to be successful in the first few years? I agree with adaptation of players to new schemes ,etc. But coaches have taken new jobs and had success before 5 years. Petersen at Washington as an example. If Tennessee won't spend the money then yes we will have years of more the same. And yes hats off to the players

If we sack Butch we are literally staring into the abyss. I don't know the answer. I think this will be my only post tonight. Such a wasted opportunity...

Go Vols. The boys gave everything they had tonight.

Not true.. With the right hire, we are immensely better off than when Butch took over.. We can at least thank him for that..

I don't post much. Been a member since times of Sabanocchio, Lord Vader, etc (recruiting guys). I pull for the coaches at UT because I want my university to be successful. Today is the first day that I went back out to play another 9 holes instead of watching this game. Usually I'm jacked up by Wednesday for this one. I appreciate the job Butch has done for my university. He started with crap and brought us out of the doldrums. However, I don't believe he can take us any further. My problem is with the development of the talent and obviously gameday. I understand breaking in a new qb but every other facet should be above average, 2 deep. It's not. Butch said it takes 6 years to build a program. Are we on that trajectory?

One change;

He lost my support and money

Reactions: 1 person
3 missed FGs and a dropped TD by Kelly.

Another armchair OP post. You sir are inexcusable.

Ya. Amd 6 straight passes from inside the 10 when we had a rb that was unstoppable. That last series, 2 runs and we ensure that Florida doesn't get the ball back in regulation. It's inexcusable that we left time in the clock. Coaching 101

More proof that Tennessee is no place for on the job training for mediocre mid-major coaches.

Glad to see so many coming around to the reality of the situation.

Good recruiter, nice caretaker, horrible game coach. I feel awful for the players....they were set up to fail by this staff.

Butch seems to have the ability to pull defeat from the jaws of victory!

I've been a Butch supporter because I think at this level it takes time. I'm done. Butch isn't the coach for our program. I'm very disappointed but I'm more sad. Sad for my school and my team. I'm of the Butch wagon.

I have absolutely have no words for Butch.

How in the hell do you lose to an UF team that's mostly losing their key players and whose offense is complete trash!?

Dormady didn't look great at all. Hey Butch, take a hint? Maybe it's time to try a new QB if one isn't working out for you.

Never in my life have I seen a stubborn coach like Butch that refuses to learn from his mistakes the last couple of seasons! He should have known this game would make or break his career at Tennessee.

I've been behind Butch the day he became the HC. I've defended him multiple times! I've cheered him on to do better but now, I'm officially off the Butch bandwagon! He doesn't have what it takes to be an SEC level HC and it's time for Currie to hire someone who does!!

Enough with the excuses to everyone who's still behind the guy! If you can't see why Butch doesn't need to be here, then there's absolutely no hope for you!

I'm completely embarrassed right now. Butch blew his chance to keep his job and now, he's fixing to pay for it.

Inexcusable!

so your willing to fire a coach 3 games into the season no you don't do that, if you do what good coach would dare come here

Is it me, or is the "if we do (whatever), what coach will ever want to come here?" argument getting a little stale.

How long shall we suffer paralysis by over-analysis?

I have absolutely have no words for Butch.

How in the hell do you lose to an UF team that's mostly losing their key players and whose offense is complete trash!?

Dormady didn't look great at all. Hey Butch, take a hint? Maybe it's time to try a new QB if one isn't working out for you.

Never in my life have I seen a stubborn coach like Butch that refuses to learn from his mistakes the last couple of seasons! He should have known this game would make or break his career at Tennessee.

I've been behind Butch the day he became the HC. I've defended him multiple times! I've cheered him on to do better but now, I'm officially off the Butch bandwagon! He doesn't have what it takes to be an SEC level HC and it's time for Currie to hire someone who does!!

Enough with the excuses to everyone who's still behind the guy! If you can't see why Butch doesn't need to be here, then there's absolutely no hope for you!

I'm completely embarrassed right now. Butch blew his chance to keep his job and now, he's fixing to pay for it.

Inexcusable!
The Gators were favored by six points at kickoff. And that is with 9 players on suspension . IF they play - we lose big. Better question - why are our D backs so mediocre ?

VN Store

Back