ESPN Hoops Preview - Vols to finish last in SEC

CDT is about to blow some minds. This guy can flat out coach and will have our players in the best position to succeed.

My honest opinion: the basketball program that has had unprecedented success over the past 8 years, much like UT football in the 90s, will be thrown back to the stone ages as a good coach was pushed out for "under achieving." Honestly vol fans, you get what you ask for. We will suck for a long time.

The media and preseason polls are quite comical.

Vegas has Tennessee as the 4th best team in the SEC to win the NCAA at 110/1 odds.
Miss St. is at the bottom and do not have odds listed for them.

My honest opinion: the basketball program that has had unprecedented success over the past 8 years, much like UT football in the 90s, will be thrown back to the stone ages as a good coach was pushed out for "under achieving." Honestly vol fans, you get what you ask for. We will suck for a long time.

This coming from a Martin supporter: Tyndall was a better hire than Zo. I wish Martin hadn't left either, but Tyndall brings enough reason to believe he can be successful here. This season is probably gonna be ugly, but let's see what happens.

Reactions: 1 person
Hmmm. If we start off bad, how many games should we give them before we start questioning the staff and scheme? Sounds like write up is blaming a bad roster. Bad rosters are not an excuse. Good coaches find a way...

Oops! Thought this was the football forum.

I get the feeling that this guy just knows basketball and will figure out a way to win

Oh no another sport and another season of we are young... and its ok because just wait till 2020..

When you go budget you are budget.. thank you Dave hart..:hi:

Talent wise this is a horrible team so I don't expect much. That being said Tyndall is just another example of bargain basement coach hiring by this university. They should have never fired the Pearl and for damn sure they should have rehired him when the chance was there.

I actually don't believe this. I think we have some talent, but most of it is young and inexperienced. There will be some growing pains.

One thing that should help as we go is that most coaches practice man to man offense 95% of the time. On short weeks, teams will have little time to study and prepare for the matchup zone.

Am I missing something? That write-up says that we have 3 signees from the last staff. Who are those?

If you can't do your homework, then how can you correctly rank the team?

Hmmm. If we start off bad, how many games should we give them before we start questioning the staff and scheme? Sounds like write up is blaming a bad roster. Bad rosters are not an excuse. Good coaches find a way...

Oops! Thought this was the football forum.

We're in trouble if DT says "it's a process"

One thing that should help as we go is that most coaches practice man to man offense 95% of the time. On short weeks, teams will have little time to study and prepare for the matchup zone.

Glad you pointed that out Sparty. Little stuff like that really will help our team out.

It seems clear to me that CDT knows what he has in these players. Inexperienced, not adequately sized front court, no true PG and a few not-so-healed injuries. Some of us has pedicted the tourney or NIT. From 5th in the SEC to dead last. CDT has basically said don't expect much but expect more than most expect. If that makes any sense. I think these players as well as CDT has a chip on their shoulders....and that's good! One thing for sure that applies to all of us, including CDT....We have yet seen them play. So who knows what the BB gods have in store for the Vols! I'm very excited to see these guys play! Go Vols!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Wow! Unbelievable. O ye of little faith. I hope the players aren't reading this. What a way for their fans to lift their spirits since the media is doing a super job of trampling on them. Can we give the guys a chance? Show a little support? We all know that this is a rebuilding year. Your previous coach abandoned ship and some players bailed out with him. So where was their loyalty to the school? So much for VFL, Huh. DT comes in and creates a team in the 11th hour and now he's being blasted....and for what reason? They haven't even played a game yet. Gesh....:mad:

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back