ESPN Hoops Preview - Vols to finish last in SEC

Wow! Unbelievable. O ye of little faith. I hope the players aren't reading this. What a way for their fans to lift their spirits since the media is doing a super job of trampling on them. Can we give the guys a chance? Show a little support? We all know that this is a rebuilding year. Your previous coach abandoned ship and some players bailed out with him. So where was their loyalty to the school? So much for VFL, Huh. DT comes in and creates a team in the 11th hour and now he's being blasted....and for what reason? They haven't even played a game yet. Gesh....:mad:

I agree with you Auntie Dee in that lets at least (at the very least) see how they look in the first 2 exhibition games before we start downing them. My glass is half full as well. I am interested to see how Kevin Punter operates at the point before I jump to any conclusions on this season.

Wow! Unbelievable. O ye of little faith. I hope the players aren't reading this. What a way for their fans to lift their spirits since the media is doing a super job of trampling on them. Can we give the guys a chance? Show a little support? We all know that this is a rebuilding year. Your previous coach abandoned ship and some players bailed out with him. So where was their loyalty to the school? So much for VFL, Huh. DT comes in and creates a team in the 11th hour and now he's being blasted....and for what reason? They haven't even played a game yet. Gesh....:mad:

If the players need their spirits lifted....I would advise them to stay away from message boards. I hope they are the type of young men that work hard and prove all of us wrong. We are all VFL's but the problem is that we care too much. It is why when they win we praise them as the greatest team ever and when we lose we will want them ran out of town. Its completely irrational and emotion driven. Welcome to the board and I cant wait to watch Jabari ball out tonight.

Just curious...what would our roster have looked like if you guys hadn't ran off CCM? :) Where would we have been expected to finish had he returned??

Reactions: 1 person
I'm simply saying I doubt we would've been picked 13th, would not have been near the roster turnover which is the main contributor to our 13th place prediction.

The main contributors were all gone....the only roster turnover was Thompson and AJ Davis and I don't think the predictors would have considered them much although they could have improved a lot in a yr.

The main contributors were all gone....the only roster turnover was Thompson and AJ Davis and I don't think the predictors would have considered them much although they could have improved a lot in a yr.

I think only bringing in 4-5 new players, verse scrambling to bring in 9 new players just to field a team alone would've had Tennessee predicted higher than 13th.

I'm not saying they would've been better than this years squad, I think both would like finish around the same. I'm simply saying that these preseason rankings are about 90% perception, and the perception in the median eyes would've been a lot better than it is now. To the outsiders who aren't Tennessee fans this looks like a fire sale and complete rebuild that will have Tennessee lucky to win 12 or 13 games.

I think only bringing in 4-5 new players, verse scrambling to bring in 9 new players just to field a team alone would've had Tennessee predicted higher than 13th.

I'm not saying they would've been better than this years squad, I think both would like finish around the same. I'm simply saying that these preseason rankings are about 90% perception, and the perception in the median eyes would've been a lot better than it is now. To the outsiders who aren't Tennessee fans this looks like a fire sale and complete rebuild that will have Tennessee lucky to win 12 or 13 games.

Yeah it could have had an effect on perception and moved us up a few spots but perception still would have been bad since we lost at least 90% of our scoring and rebounding. It would have been interesting to see if Zo could have made something of them or not?

Yeah it could have had an effect on perception and moved us up a few spots but perception still would have been bad since we lost at least 90% of our scoring and rebounding. It would have been interesting to see if Zo could have made something of them or not?

I've shared my opinion on if he was to return what would've taken place, it didn't play out that way so no need to re-hash.

Youll be the first guy calling to fire the staff.

Why is that? I don't think we will finish that low. If we finish above projections I will be happy. I will hold this staff to the same standards as the last.

There isn't any reason for us to not finish top six imo though.

Oh ye little faith! Some of you guys are so negative! I'm so glad that the players don't look at these negative predictions! However, keep it up so that they can have a chip on their shoulders! You guys didn't want the old coach but now you bashing the new coach and the team because you feel their talent is not good enough! Stupid!! What did you expect a new coach to do? I hope all you Debbie downsies are at the game so that you can bite your tongues and lips! You all favorite issue with our team is mediocre talent but Kentucky has all that talent on their team but they couldn't gel too good at the beginning! Why? Everyone had the "I'm better than you" ball hog mentality! In a 10 week time frame, Kentucky dropped from #1 to #16! What that says about ALL that talent? Moral of the story....support your team whether they loose or not! Your support and enthusiasm is what makes them play harder for the VOLS! I don't give a HOOT about what the media say because these young men play hard and with heart! The darn season haven't started and y'all already throwing them under the bus! I love UT BASKETBALL! #GOVOLS

Reactions: 1 person
Guys, did the young man, I forget his name, clear the clearing house and can play now....He was quite a jumper and all around athlete...I forget his name. Thanks.

VN Store

Back