ESPN Hoops Preview - Vols to finish last in SEC

Wow! Unbelievable. O ye of little faith. I hope the players aren't reading this. What a way for their fans to lift their spirits since the media is doing a super job of trampling on them. Can we give the guys a chance? Show a little support? We all know that this is a rebuilding year. Your previous coach abandoned ship and some players bailed out with him. So where was their loyalty to the school? So much for VFL, Huh. DT comes in and creates a team in the 11th hour and now he's being blasted....and for what reason? They haven't even played a game yet. Gesh....:mad:
Thought you said you had tough skin.

Reactions: 1 person
I can't remember which interview it was, but Tyndall was asked if he knew UT was predicted to finish last in the SEC by some news outlet. Tyndall chuckled a little bit and said "I can tell you one thing for sure, we aren't going to finish last. I can guarentee you that".

Wow! Unbelievable. O ye of little faith. I hope the players aren't reading this. What a way for their fans to lift their spirits since the media is doing a super job of trampling on them. Can we give the guys a chance? Show a little support? We all know that this is a rebuilding year. Your previous coach abandoned ship and some players bailed out with him. So where was their loyalty to the school? So much for VFL, Huh. DT comes in and creates a team in the 11th hour and now he's being blasted....and for what reason? They haven't even played a game yet. Gesh....:mad:

Don't judge us all auntie, is all I can say. Most of these fools already bi!$hing don't know bball. They just can only complain about the offensive line for so long.

Josh Richardson's response to UT picked to finish last "Naw that won't happen."

First game of the year is a top-20 matchup with VCU, no one is expecting anything from us, similar situation to Martin's first year and going to Maui and playing pretty well against Duke/Memphis. Our cupboard was worse then than it is now, imo.

Josh Richardson's response to UT picked to finish last "Naw that won't happen."

First game of the year is a top-20 matchup with VCU, no one is expecting anything from us, similar situation to Martin's first year and going to Maui and playing pretty well against Duke/Memphis. Our cupboard was worse then than it is now, imo.

not sure about that

not sure about that
"In my opinion"

We can have endless debates about the 4* failures of Martin's first year. Your roster consisted of:
-Jordan Mcrae as an immature sophomore, he really sparked during SEC play.
-Trae Golden was a SG playing PG who was inconsistent as anyone we've had
-Kenny Hall, enough said
-Skylar McBee, who couldn't hit a 3 during game time
-Renaldo Woolridge, a bust for TN
-Cameron Tatum who was a good, solid role player.

Others: Dwight Miller, Josh richardson, Wes washpun, Quinton Cheivous, I can't even remember who else we had. But point being, our roster was pathetic Martin's first year.

Maymon...Looking back its easy to say that roster was better because what Jordy and Maymon became. But at the time Cam was our best known commodity. Kenny was expected to finally break through.

This roster that we know of is Josh and Armani. With Hubbs expected to emerge. Right now I'd take this one based on that.

But will anyone emerge like Jordy and Maymon did? So many unknowns with both rosters, neither coach walked in to a very good situation.

"In my opinion"

We can have endless debates about the 4* failures of Martin's first year. Your roster consisted of:
-Jordan Mcrae as an immature sophomore, he really sparked during SEC play.
-Trae Golden was a SG playing PG who was inconsistent as anyone we've had
-Kenny Hall, enough said
-Skylar McBee, who couldn't hit a 3 during game time
-Renaldo Woolridge, a bust for TN
-Cameron Tatum who was a good, solid role player.

Others: Dwight Miller, Josh richardson, Wes washpun, Quinton Cheivous, I can't even remember who else we had. But point being, our roster was pathetic Martin's first year.

Yes. I know it's your opinion. But I'm not sure I agree with it.

You are leaving out Jeronne Maymon - who played awesome in those two games and was a hoss that year prior to his knee injury.

That team was definitely more talented than the one we have this year.

Yes. I know it's your opinion. But I'm not sure I agree with it.

You are leaving out Jeronne Maymon - who played awesome in those two games and was a hoss that year prior to his knee injury.

That team was definitely more talented than the one we have this year.

If Maymon had not gotten injured I believe we would have looked at Martin's second and third season completely differently. Maymon was dominant that first year.

If Maymon had not gotten injured I believe we would have looked at Martin's second and third season completely differently. Maymon was dominant that first year.

We would have won more games, no doubt.

Maymon...Looking back its easy to say that roster was better because what Jordy and Maymon became. But at the time Cam was our best known commodity. Kenny was expected to finally break through.

This roster that we know of is Josh and Armani. With Hubbs expected to emerge. Right now I'd take this one based on that.

But will anyone emerge like Jordy and Maymon did? So many unknowns with both rosters, neither coach walked in to a very good situation.

I would say it's fairly even going into both first yrs on paper but Stokes being added was a big difference maker that yr....hope our guys step up this yr.

Depends on if it helped Martin recruit bc Maymon wouldn't have been here yr 3.

I originally had Maymon on there somehow I deleted his insert but Cuonzo I remember "convinced" Maymon to drop the outside game and stick to the block. Getting that 32 pts/20 rebounds against Memphis had a LOT of people talking until the news came out about his knee effecting him.

In regards to this year, I really believe Kevin Punter/Josh richardson/Moore/Hubbs will all step up and hopefully Carmichael or Reese can step up down low.

I originally had Maymon on there somehow I deleted his insert but Cuonzo I remember "convinced" Maymon to drop the outside game and stick to the block. Getting that 32 pts/20 rebounds against Memphis had a LOT of people talking until the news came out about his knee effecting him.

In regards to this year, I really believe Kevin Punter/Josh richardson/Moore/Hubbs will all step up and hopefully Carmichael or Reese can step up down low.

I agree on Josh and Moore, though Josh is pretty established. Hubbs could possibly takea jump like Jordy. We really need a big to step up. I'm just excited for the season to start so we can see what we have.

The whole reason Maymon came to UT in the first place is because he wanted to be a wing and Pearl thought he could be one. I guess Martin was able to talk some sense into him.

Thought you said you had tough skin.

Chris being optimistic has nothing do with having or not having tough skin. Where someone else my see the glass as being half empty I see it as being half full. That's just who I am. It doesn't make me a softie, but I do have feelings and I don't mind showing them. On the other hand I can step outside the box and go toe to toe with the best of them, if need be. Lol

I just do not like the fact that we are downing a team, our team that we haven't seen play a game yet. okay. At least give the guys the benefit of the doubt. That's all I'm saying.

Don't judge us all auntie, is all I can say. Most of these fools already bi!$hing don't know bball. They just can only complain about the offensive line for so long.

Lol lefteye, I promise not lump all of you together. I can decipher BS. :birgits_giggle:

This coming from a Martin supporter: Tyndall was a better hire than Zo. I wish Martin hadn't left either, but Tyndall brings enough reason to believe he can be successful here. This season is probably gonna be ugly, but let's see what happens.

Not a Martin supporter. Just believer in karma

Chris being optimistic has nothing do with having or not having tough skin. Where someone else my see the glass as being half empty I see it as being half full. That's just who I am. It doesn't make me a softie, but I do have feelings and I don't mind showing them. On the other hand I can step outside the box and go toe to toe with the best of them, if need be. Lol

I just do not like the fact that we are downing a team, our team that we haven't seen play a game yet. okay. At least give the guys the benefit of the doubt. That's all I'm saying.

And I'm a "glass at 50% capacity" thinker. Don't be offended at criticism towards the team. Some people just like to think realistically.

And I'm a "glass at 50% capacity" thinker. Don't be offended at criticism towards the team. Some people just like to think realistically.
As one of the realists, I'm expecting a Morehead type start to donnie's career here.
That doesn't mean I don't like donnie or think we don't have any future talent.
I'll be elated with every win, but I also won't be jumping on the Fahr donnie wagon with every loss.

As one of the realists, I'm expecting a Morehead type start to donnie's career here.
That doesn't mean I don't like donnie or think we don't have any future talent.
I'll be elated with every win, but I also won't be jumping on the Fahr donnie wagon with every loss.

Yeah and I'm sure you (like me) won't be saying he's 100% guaranteed to be the best UT coach of all time based on a few early season cupcake wins. This place is going to be awful no matter what happens this season minus an NCAAs appearance.

But I'm still every bit as excited as I am every year. Basketball makes life so much better lol.

VN Store

Back