ESPN Ranks the SEC's Running Back Groups

Chubb is a great back. Probably the best in the country based off last season.

Miles ahead of Hurd is premature at this point tho. It was pretty obvious both were playing under different conditions.

Id say this year they will both be on a more similar footing regarding those conditions. Id expect Chubb to have a great year, and I think Hurd's will be better than last years given the changing conditions.

Maybe I missed it but has it been brought up that Hurd came into last season having played all of one game since his Jr year of HS due to injury? That's a lot of missed game/practice time. We very well might not have seen from him what he was really capable of had things gone differently.

Just an observation.

Two things.

1st and foremost.....I'm not going to dog you about your responses. He's being a bit of a douche towards you and deserves whatever you dish back to him.

2nd.....UT standards have nothing to do with Dobbs being a Heisman hopeful. He's on the watch list. His chances may be slim at this point, but someone put him on the list as someone to watch.

I actually like Dobbs. He is a good kid and the type of person that you like to see succeed. I have no problem with him getting mentioned as a candidate, although imo it's a bit premature.

The only reason I responded in the thread at all was because one poster said stack the box because UGA wouldn't throw for 50 yrds. I also like Hutson Mason but during the first half of the season, he couldn't throw the ball 30 yards down field and whomever starts for UGA next yr will be able to stretch the field.

I think Chubb is getting overrated right now and Fournette is getting underrated. IMO Fournette is still the most talented young back in the conference. If I had to rate them, I'd go:

1. Henry
2. Fournette
3. Hurd
4. Chubb
5. Jonathan Williams

Fournette is overrated

I actually like Dobbs. He is a good kid and the type of person that you like to see succeed. I have no problem with him getting mentioned as a candidate, although imo it's a bit premature.

The only reason I responded in the thread at all was because one poster said stack the box because UGA wouldn't throw for 50 yrds. I also like Hutson Mason but during the first half of the season, he couldn't throw the ball 30 yards down field and whomever starts for UGA next yr will be able to stretch the field.

I think this years game will be like the last few. Close. For some reason It's just one of those team match ups that is always close.

I think this years game will be like the last few. Close. For some reason It's just one of those team match ups that is always close.

As of today, I think UGA and UT are the two best teams in the east and the game should be a classic. I see the rest of the east as being teams with a lot of issues so the winner of our game is definitely in the catbird seat.

As of today, I think UGA and UT are the two best teams in the east and the game should be a classic. I see the rest of the east as being teams with a lot of issues so the winner of our game is definitely in the catbird seat.

I agree with this. GA or UT will take the east.

Edit: I do however reserve the right to change this opinion at any given time.

Fournette is overrated

I will admit I watched very few LSU games so my opinion is weak, but I think he's a tad overrated as well. He started slow and came into his own toward the end of the season. I was just expecting more with the pre-season hype.

I'm not even looking at numbers. Watch both of there highlight films. It's pretty easy to tell who the better, more complete, faster, quicker, more elusive, more explosive back is.

You don't have to work so hard, Nationdom. Everyone on here knows how much you hate Hurd.

Obviously, I am biased, but you cannot compare Chubb and Hurd with their different offenses and the disparity in their offensive lines. If you don't believe Hurd or any other powerful down-hill runner would not have absolutely thrived in GA's offense, then you know little about football. GA will continue to churn out Gurley-types year in and year out. I think Chubb is a great RB with unlimited potential, but he was also in a much better position to succeed than our guy.

As our offensive line goes, so does Jalen Hurd, and I can assure you've yet to see what he's genuinely capable of.

Hurd had 88 yards and 2 TD's in the first quarter of the bowl game. That had a great deal to do with him doing his job, but more than that was everyone else doing their jobs!
Youll see a lot more of that in 2015.

Reactions: 1 person
You don't have to work so hard, Nationdom. Everyone on here knows how much you hate Hurd.

Obviously, I am biased, but you cannot compare Chubb and Hurd with their different offenses and the disparity in their offensive lines. If you don't believe Hurd or any other powerful down-hill runner would not have absolutely thrived in GA's offense, then you know little about football. GA will continue to churn out Gurley-types year in and year out. I think Chubb is a great RB with unlimited potential, but he was also in a much better position to succeed than our guy.

As our offensive line goes, so does Jalen Hurd, and I can assure you've yet to see what he's genuinely capable of.

Hurd had 88 yards and 2 TD's in the first quarter of the bowl game. That had a great deal to do with him doing his job, but more than that was everyone else doing their jobs!
Youll see a lot more of that in 2015.

I don't hate Hurd. I'm not going to argue with people online over this, I don't have the attention span to go back and forth, writing walls of text, so I'm going to give you and every other delusional poster a proposition. For anyone who lives within 4 hours of Memphis, I will meet with you to discuss this topic in person. Next time I'm in Memphis probably 2 and a half weeks.

I don't hate Hurd. I'm not going to argue with people online over this, I don't have the attention span to go back and forth, writing walls of text, so I'm going to give you and every other delusional poster a proposition. For anyone who lives within 4 hours of Memphis, I will meet with you to discuss this topic in person. Next time I'm in Memphis probably 2 and a half weeks.

I honestly don't think anyone cares. We just love to call you on the "I don't hate Hurd" comments when you try to berate him any chance that you get. You kind of dug your own hole on that one. It'll go away eventually I would suspect though.

Reactions: 1 person
Anybody ever thought about the possibility of Kamara taking away the number one spot from Hurd? It could happen, you never know.

Anybody ever thought about the possibility of Kamara taking away the number one spot from Hurd? It could happen, you never know.

then that would be great news for the vols since Hurd looks like a future high NFL draft pick. I personally think both will split carries like Yeldon/Henry did last year and Collins/Williams at Arkansas. we might finally have a one-two running attack that can compete with the rest of the bigs dogs in the SEC.

I know these are just opinions and not facts. I know that one shouldn't be so steadfast in an opinion so as to denigrate others.

Having said that, anyone who would take Hurd over Chubb is bat**** crazy.

I don't care how good you think the offensive line at Georgia was, the man would have run for over 2,000 yards and broken every seasonal record set by Herschel Walker had he started from day 1. Not just break, but shatter.

And anyone who played Georgia is going in ganging up on the run. They weren't worried about Mason.

The opposite, regardless of the line, was true at Tennessee. You weren't worried about Hurd. You were worried about the WR corps and, after taking over, Dobbs. Defenses did not focus their attention on Hurd.

Good thing your opinions and thoughts are worth about as much as the finest outhouse wallpaper money can buy.

Georgia OLine is waaaayyyyy better than ours. And Chubbs right now is killing it. Arkansas is also beastly.

4 th is were we need to be especially since Kamara has not ran a single down and our O line was atrocious last year. Debord should be a good addition in coaching up out line. If we can drastically improve our line then Hurd may have 1100 plus yards this year. We'll see about Kamara. He looks amazing on film. His speed and cuts are outstanding

then that would be great news for the vols since Hurd looks like a future high NFL draft pick. I personally think both will split carries like Yeldon/Henry did last year and Collins/Williams at Arkansas. we might finally have a one-two running attack that can compete with the rest of the bigs dogs in the SEC.

I'm not a fan of going into a game dead set on giving two RBs even, 50/50 carries. It seems like they often have a hard time getting into a groove. I think you find the hot hand and stick with him until he runs himself out.

Your last QB they brought back from the checkout counter at Publix, he was your best. This year's guy coming from Kroger or Food Lion, or are you trolling Piggly Wiggly these days? GTFOH, an upgraded Dawg passing attack by a QB that hasn't taken an SEC snap? Yea that and they'll fly him in on Harry Potter's broom every day.

Your post makes zero sense .. the front runner to take over at the QB spot is Brice Ramsey who has a fair amount of game experience from last year including more than half the bowl game .. nice try though.

Hurd can run people over, and get extra yards. Kamara seems easier to bring down, but harder to catch. For that reason, I give the edge to Hurd staying #1.

VN Store

Back