Fanbase is Fed up

Who brings a bottle of mustard!?? 🤣
In Gainesville, heath shuler played the 4th quarter with a mustard stain from me. Not my finest moment. I was young. A cup and the mustard for hotdogs. I think you guys are being over critical.
Fact is the vols lost at home to lane and ole miss. Facts nobody wants to talk about is anyone with a heartbeat has beat this team.

I truly believe the fanbase has lost their patience.

Ole Miss players taunting the fans and players, faking injuries to slow down our momentum, incompetent officiating, completely ruined a good game.

The fans are tired of being bullied and they finally snapped tonight.
Bullied? Grow the ef up.

Reactions: mercuryvol
Ole Miss did the same thing to us just recently:

So I’m glad you are now trying to compete with another fan base to be the most classless and trashiest fan base. Can’t believe the whataboutism going on….. wait a minute, yeah I can. It’s the Vol fan base

Ole Miss players taunting the fans and players, faking injuries to slow down our momentum, incompetent officiating, completely ruined a good game.

Yes sick of getting hosed but that is not how you should act! We should be bigger than that!

“Lost their patience”, “tired of being bullied”, “snapped”. Excuses an eleven year old might throw out. Grow up. No excuse for this behavior. None.

If you’ve seen his posting and thread history, you might think he is an eleven year old

What a joke. You're trying to justify a classless incident by classless individuals and there is zero justification for what happened last night. It was a horrible look and this is an incident that this program can point to and say that fans are part of the problem.

Then you finish up your idiotic post with fans being "bullied". Hahhahaa. How many Ole Miss players threw things at our fans? How many middle fingers did they fire back because I saw plenty from out fan base. Yet we got bullied? Soft comment from a soft individual. Plenty of folks get some big balls when they know they are safe. I wish they would identify all those involved, send them to Oxford, and force them to run slants across the middle at practice without pads and let Ole Miss just tee off on them. Let's see if that changes behavior.

Best fanbase in CFB.
Iced the QB last night.
Almost pulled it off.
Never change.
Screw all these nannies.

We’re not happy, let’s go destroy some local businesses, burn some cars, destroy property, and steal TVs and tennis shoes.

Same mentality in my book. But it is the world we live in. A bunch of petulant children.

Last edited:
I don't give a damn if fed up or not, What these fans did tonight was uncalled for, And if you were one of them, I hope one day you pay dearly!! Fans like these are why this world is in the shape its in!!
Hahahahaha…..reach much?

Some folks are blaming beer sales for this debacle. But they weren't throwing beer, were they? Ban bottled water sales and increase the price of beer. No one throws a ten dollar beer.

So I’m glad you are now trying to compete with another fan base to be the most classless and trashiest fan base. Can’t believe the whataboutism going on….. wait a minute, yeah I can. It’s the Vol fan base

No, I am just not a pushy victim. We have been bullied and had a means to fight back and use it.

Do I hate it happened……sure. Do I understand it…..absolutely. Time and time again the administration asks fans to proudly show up. We do. We make it an atmosphere. I moved two years ago but had season tickets before that. Time and time again we don’t get the benefit of any doubt for calls or anything. That was years of frustration unleashed last night. I think if the fans would have sat there and just booed no one would care. Well. They made it a scene and brought the frustration to to the forefront. Maybe our own administration will care and put a winning program on the field. I still highly doubt that

Reactions: ButchPlz

I disagree about being bullied. We beat ourselves tonight. Muffed punt in the RedZone, which led to a td and penalties on first down to put us behind the chains on several drives killed us along with Milton giving up. Our first half of play was awful. The fake injuries and cramps are all within the rules. Is it frustrating, yes but it's legal right now. The NCAA/conferences has to do a ruling on it or it will be worse than flopping in the NBA. I agree what what the commentators suggested if your go out with an "injury" you should not be back in for that drive. The way the fans acted after the play wasn't ruled a first down was completely classless idk who you are or how fed up you get. It reminded me of 2-3 yr olds not getting their way. I hope it just doesn't cost us some recruits that were at the game.

Reactions: mercuryvol and Lucy
The fact that anyone is trying to justify the actions of our fans is a complete joke. It was totally classless and has no place in college sports. Sad because it legit makes me question if I should ever take my young kids to a game.

Oh and by the way, it wasn’t a first down anyway.
It was like 20 drunk college students. Not the whole fan base

I don't like objects being thrown. That was pretty terrible after a great atmosphere, but I can see why people got mad.

First of all, getting hosed on the "forward progress play. The play was not called dead at the time, they did that retroactively.

The second was that they all of the sudden decided on the final drive to call holding after being held all game by Ole Miss. You can call holding anytime that game, but unless it was egregious you don't call it on that drive. I didn't see something really blatant enough to make that call.

Finally the spot by one ref who was closest had us past the 40 while the other ref who was 15 yards downfield and could not see the ball because of way he was tackled ran up and spotted us a yard short. I really don't know where the ball should be placed, it was very close but definitely not a yard short. It just seemed that the wrong ref made the call and no angle was available to overturn it.

I think the team played their hearts out and some of the fans got caught up in the emotions of it all. Throwing stuff on the field was terrible, but how is no one even talking about how terrible the refs were on that game?

They inserted themselves into the outcome of the game and took 7 points off the board and completely stopped a drives when we had momentum and time at the end of the game.

VN Store

Back