Favorite All Time Vol-Related Nickname

First name "WGWTFA" last name.

I can't remember who said that, but I can remember what was said and it was the most awesome ever.

Reactions: 1 person
Give us a hint. I always thought it was because he cut a car in half. If not for public consumption, email me.. :p

I don't know if it is what earned him the nickname, but according to Reynolds himself he did cut a car in half with a hacksaw. Although it was apparently not done in rage after the 38-0 loss to Ole Miss. He said he just needed to work out his frustation following the loss, and he needed a trailer for his Jeep, so he decided to cut a car in half to turn into a trailer.

I don't know if it is what earned him the nickname, but according to Reynolds himself he did cut a car in half with a hacksaw. Although it was apparently not done in rage after the 38-0 loss to Ole Miss. He said he just needed to work out his frustation following the loss, and he needed a trailer for his Jeep, so he decided to cut a car in half to turn into a trailer.

I had always heard from some of his closest friends that it was from cutting a car in half stemming from that disastrous loss to Archie Manning and the Ole Miss Rebels in 1969. My dear Dad, God rest his soul, and I drove to Jackson, Mississippi that morning to be at the game. It was a long trip home. One of the truly epic losses in Vol history.... A common phrase the following week was " Did you hear that loud noise out of Knoxville? That was Tennessee falling out of the top 10" The Vols were ranked #4 before the loss.

Last edited:
I had always heard from some of his closest friends that it was from cutting a car in half stemming from that disastrous loss to Archie Manning and the Ole Miss Rebels in 1969. My dear Dad, God rest his soul, and I drove to Jackson, Mississippi that morning to be at the game. It was a long trip home. One of the truly epic losses in Vol history.... A common phrase the following week was " Did you hear that loud noise out of Knoxville? That was Tennessee falling out of the top 10" The Vols were ranked #4 before the loss.

My oldest brother, a UT student at that time, drove to Mississippi for that game

With a bumper sticker on his car that said

Archie Who?

"A to the Mother#&@(ing K"
-Alvin Kamara

kamara_23718328_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
My oldest brother, a UT student at that time, drove to Mississippi for that game

With a bumper sticker on his car that said

Archie Who?

We saw plenty of those. Ole Miss fans' reply, after the game, was " Archie from Drew, that's who" Archie's hometown is Drew, Mississippi.

Yeah, I was there myself. Went with my dad, one if his closest friends, and his friend's son, who was 16, same as myself. I was the lone UT fan in the group. My dad had played MLB for Ole Miss under Vaught back in the late '40s. His friend was also a huge Ole Miss fan (his son's middle name was Oxford).

My dad and his friend got to be down on the Rebel sidelines and got me and Alan seats in the Rebel student section. Obviously I never had anything to cheer about the entire game, so never had to risk getting harassed for being a UT fan. But I remember seeing all of these large boxes all through the student section and wondering what they were for. Then when Steve Kiner (who had been harassed by the student section the entire game for his 'Archie Who?" comment, shot the bird up at the Ole Miss cheering section, the students opened up the boxes and began throwing oranges at Kiner, and Doug Dickey pulled him from the game.

After the game we then went to some restaurant where apparently every Ole Miss fan also went to. We are sitting a table and guess who walks up to talk to my dad? John Vaught and Archie Manning, so I had to listen to a rehash of the game. And then on the long ride back home to Jackson, TN I had to sit in the back seat and take crap from Alan the entire ride.

I met Archie, Peyton, and Eli in Memphis in '95 and brought up that meeting in the restaurant in '69. He remembered meeting with dad but didn't remember me, the 16 year old kid, so the insults from that game just kept on coming. :yuck:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I thought "Ton DMC" was a pretty clever and awesome name for big Dan McCullers.

Also my boy with the asthma "Wheezy", Mr. Wayne Chism.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back