Favorite All Time Vol-Related Nickname

How can you forget cocaine Tony running down the sideline on his crutches in the 1986 sugar bowl.

I never referred to him as such and never knew of or heard anyone ever do that. He aknowledges that he made a "very poor choice". He, however, has long since paid his debt to society and made atonement for his wrongdoing.

Reactions: 3 people
The "Kannapolis Comet" Stanley Morgan, dubbed by John Ward. "Morgan streaks down the sideline!" " Give him six!"

It's not my favorite nickname, per se, but I always liked Constantin "Blitzmann" Ritzmann.

The "Minister of Defense" was always my favorite nickname, with the "Artful Dodger" a close second.

I don't know if it is what earned him the nickname, but according to Reynolds himself he did cut a car in half with a hacksaw. Although it was apparently not done in rage after the 38-0 loss to Ole Miss. He said he just needed to work out his frustation following the loss, and he needed a trailer for his Jeep, so he decided to cut a car in half to turn into a trailer.

Cut an old truck in half to get the bed I thought.

I don't know if it is what earned him the nickname, but according to Reynolds himself he did cut a car in half with a hacksaw. Although it was apparently not done in rage after the 38-0 loss to Ole Miss. He said he just needed to work out his frustation following the loss, and he needed a trailer for his Jeep, so he decided to cut a car in half to turn into a trailer.

And when he takes several teammates to see his handiwork, both halves of the car gone missing. So much for proof.

Reynolds played in the 60s. Of course once people started asking why he was called that, they invented a cover story to mask the truth. They even got Reynolds in on it. And people actually bought that. How gullible.

You gonna buy he did that? It is physically impossible, that car was heavy thick steel. 13 blades? More like 30.

I hope this doesn't need further clarification. But I believe what a few teammates have stated to a few. And that is, with a proper assortment of blades, it was broadly advertised back in the 50s and 60s that a hacksaw will CUT anything. And that is the true reason they called him that.

Come on, man. Don't believe everything you read.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back