Favorite All Time Vol-Related Nickname

George "Bad News" Cafego

Ever notice in Cafego's later years he looked like the crusty old water bucket guy in the Burt Reynold's film, "The Longest Yard?"
Cafego should have been on Blackbeard's crew with a parrot on his shoulder. Loved that guy.

Reactions: 2 people
In basketball there was the"Rutledge Rifle"--A.W.Davis
True story about the Crossville Comet--Curt Watson. To his high school friends and neighbors,he was "Meathead". Those who know him probably have heard the story of Curt in the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville,Florida. Eighty five thousand or so fans there,when he hears"Hey Meathead" and spots a bunch of his friends in the stands. To say the least,he was shocked.

Reactions: 2 people
The "Kannapolis Comet" Stanley Morgan, dubbed by John Ward. "Morgan streaks down the sideline!" " Give him six!"

Haskell Stanback is from Kannapolis and was the Kannapolis Comet. Morgan grew up in Easley, SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since it is 195 days from now until opening game, I wanted to open up a thread to determine your favorite Vol-related nickname of all time. Nickname could be one acquired before entering UT or one obtained in the NFL. All Vols are eligible, not just football. Here's a list of my three favorites.....

CobbWebb
Minister of Defense
Three Meeks
Dude with a tude

Ever notice in Cafego's later years he looked like the crusty old water bucket guy in the Burt Reynold's film, "The Longest Yard?"
Cafego should have been on Blackbeard's crew with a parrot on his shoulder. Loved that guy.
Cafego was a true Vol legend and hated Vandy so bad he wouldn't talk to Doug Matthews for a long time because he played at Vandy. They were on the same staff and Majors had to tell him Doug was a cool guy and needed to talk to him, which he finally did..,,

Reactions: 1 person
Arian "Nation" Foster
Cedric Houston "We Have A Problem"
Chris Donald "Trump"
Zach "Mister" Roger's "Neighborhood"
Tyler "Back Tat" Bray
Jonathan "Straight Outta" Crompton
"What happens in" Vegas "stays in Vegas" Davis

These are just a few of my favorites

Arian "Nation" Foster
Cedric Houston "We Have A Problem"
Chris Donald "Trump"
Zach "Mister" Roger's "Neighborhood"
Tyler "Back Tat" Bray
Jonathan "Straight Outta" Crompton
"What happens in" Vegas "stays in Vegas" Davis

These are just a few of my favorites

Ahh, these are some good ones! Vegas Davis was one of my favorite Vols hoopsters, as I was in school while he was. I always loved it when John Ward would break out that nickname after a big dunk. :rock:

THE best to me is "Hacksaw" Reynolds (he earned it) followed closely by "The Minister of Defense" Reggie White, be owned it.

VN Store

Back